30 Day Shred: Am I doing something wrong?

Options
2»

Replies

• chatnel
    chatnel Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Do you do it every day for 30 days?
  • 6550mom
    6550mom Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I. Love. This.

I am a nerd - data points, graphs... Thank you. :)
    z7538.png

Here's my data. I'm just posting it to show you that during 30DS I had a water retention issue because of the sore muscles. This was NOT a plateau, because that water disappeared overnight (lost 2-3 pounds overnight to never see them again). So don't despair, it's normal. Muscles retain water to heal themselves.
    This doesn't only affect weight, but measurements also. Inflamed muscles are bigger, literally, and drive your measurements up.
  • mkw055
    mkw055 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm confused because the post before this recommends just tracking it as circuit training general. When comparing the 2 ways there's about a 400 cal difference for me.... Any help?
  • sslopez24
    sslopez24 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I'm on day ten of Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred, I heard how effective it was and I was eager to begin. Today was my first day of level two, and I'm sad to say the inches haven't been coming off. I drink a lot of water, I eat clean 80% of the time and I stay within 1500 calories. It's still early so I'm not going lose hope just yet. I am to scared to weigh myself though.D: I usually have sweat running down my face by the end of the video so I think I am doing it right. I was planning on incorporating two five mile hikes a week and jogging every evening too. Is there any advice you can give? When should I see results? Anything is appreciated.<3

Keep at it! I am on level 3, 5th day. almost done. I seen difference after level 2 and some inches but not much either. I think I was losing it from my stomach and I had not measured that part. I also notice I lost some from my back (the fat on top of your shoulders). Just keep at it and take your pictures from all angles. you will see a difference by the end.
  • jmath911
    jmath911 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    thanks nelinelineli, I'm still just thinking about it.
  • jmath911
    jmath911 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Thank you too, Hungry
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    I'm confused because the post before this recommends just tracking it as circuit training general. When comparing the 2 ways there's about a 400 cal difference for me.... Any help?

The calorie burn for me is not very high. I'm 5'6, 119 and am lucky to burn 130-150 calories. (via Fitbit....which I know mainly tracks the cardio more than the "strength") MFP circuit training burn is too high for 30DS. I would use about 60% of what they give you.
  • SkaterGirl704
    SkaterGirl704 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Don't do exercises that Jilian Micheals does. I actually attended a siminar that she had. Just look at her breasts how saggy they are, and for somebody that does not even have any kids. All her clients (most of them are failures).
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Don't do exercises that Jilian Micheals does. I actually attended a siminar that she had. Just look at her breasts how saggy they are, and for somebody that does not even have any kids. All her clients (most of them are failures).

lolwut? So saggy boobs have something to do with work videos now? Who knew!! If she gets implants...then will it be ok?
  • 1nt2Lose
    1nt2Lose Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    z7538.png

Here's my data. I'm just posting it to show you that during 30DS I had a water retention issue because of the sore muscles. This was NOT a plateau, because that water disappeared overnight (lost 2-3 pounds overnight to never see them again). So don't despair, it's normal. Muscles retain water to heal themselves.
    This doesn't only affect weight, but measurements also. Inflamed muscles are bigger, literally, and drive your measurements up.

You rock. This is awesome.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options

Breast sagginess has nothing to do with anything. It's genetic. Certain workouts can make them SEEM a little perkier, but not make them worse. And people who think the way someone works out makes their boobs saggier are idiots.
  • k1o2r3i4
    k1o2r3i4 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Im on level 3, day 3. 11lbs lost and lots of inches. Great workouts! I hate hate hate level 2. 1 and 3 are great tho! You just have to keep with it. Make sure you are eating enough!
This discussion has been closed.