Crustless Pumpkin Pie recipe

Options
2»

Replies

• tigertchr23
    tigertchr23 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Made this last night - yummy! Put some in a bowl of oatmeal for breakfast this morning --DOUBLE YUMMY!!:love:

I'm glad you liked it. Great idea! :wink:
  • clothes_of_sand
    Options
    This is great. I have a random pumpkin just sitting around, so I think I'll give this a try with fresh pumpkin and see how it works out.
  • paddlemom
    paddlemom Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Being from the UK I have never had pumpking pie but I am going to give this a try. I do have a question though, I have never seen canned pumpkin here so I will have to use fresh, what do I do to the fresh to make it the same as canned please?

I'm not sure?? I'm sorry I couldn't help. Anyone else know?

I'm laughing because I just created this in My recipes (minus the splenda, since I'm not a fan) - but it's really a great idea.
    To use fresh pumpkin, just cook it and mash and then use it measure for measure. Don't boil the pumpkin, because you don't want added water in it,. but you can cut it open and scoop the seeds, then either bake it, covered, or microwave it - the same way you would cook squash. Peel and mash or puree in the blender or food processor.

Oh, and to the person asking about the almond milk, that should work too. It's basically a custard and it relies on the eggs to set.
  • JTThomas
    JTThomas Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • anna_b1
    anna_b1 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    bumperoo!!!!
  • Aspynmom
    Aspynmom Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Bump to save! NOM NOM
  • Thirstygirl
    Thirstygirl Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    bumping...
  • amy_marie
    amy_marie Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I just bought some pumpkin :) definitely making this soon!
  • Lesliecs
    Lesliecs Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    This sounds yummy and perfect for me! I never have liked regular pie crust and I've always scooped the pumpkin pie out of the crust and eaten it like that anyway. Will have to give it a try!
  • sheila0321
    sheila0321 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    bump
  • fiftyandfit
    fiftyandfit Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    bump

thanks!
  • cali_co
    Options
    Bump! I just pureed 12 sugar pumpkins and have 10 more to go so now I'll get some use out of them for sure!
  • hfrost1978
    Options
    bump