Color Run

Options
2»

Replies

• just_Jennie1
    Options
    It is $45 here now but with a team of 4 it is $35 (still kind of a lot). I am in WI by the way.

Think i may pass this time around, thanks for all the replys!

You're probably not going to find races to be much cheaper than that. Most of the time the money goes to charity (the money from the color run I did in April did) and there's the "stuff" they give you like the tee-shirts and things like that.
  • rleath
    rleath Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    The Color Run was the first run I ever did in my life, so for me it was worth the $45 to get me introduced to 5K running. I had an amazing time doing it with friends and because it was so relaxed I didn't feel intimidated with it being my first run.
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    I just did one last weekend. It was overall a good experience but expect to play dodge the kid and strollers. One kid tripped me and popped something in my knee that I had already tweaked the week before during a training run in the wrong shoes. That was really irritating.

If you do it, wear something to cover your face through the color stations. I now am fighting an upper respiratory infection from breathing in all the powder. Not fun.
  • LauraBalyk
    LauraBalyk Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    LOVED IT !!
    it was SOOOOO worth it !!
    don't think, just do it, you will love it and be so happy you did it :)
  • healthyformee
    healthyformee Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    There is a promo code for $5 off a registration for www.thecolorrun.com 'COLOR5OFF'..then if you also enter in a team it's $5 more dollars cheaper.
    The Color Run is amazing and the original. SO much fun. We did it with all of our kids and it was a great way to introduce the kids to running.
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    LOVED IT !!
    it was SOOOOO worth it !!
    don't think, just do it, you will love it and be so happy you did it :)
    This. Exactly this. You won't be disappointed :bigsmile:
  • Ronda73
    Ronda73 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I did the Graffiti Run a couple weeks ago. They had a coupon for 50%off the week before which is why I ended up doing it. There were about 11 of us doing it and we had a blast. We walked it because there were a few people who couldn't run. And it was about 100 degrees with the humidity.
    I'm doing Run or Dye in December because I pre registered and it was only $20. I'm doing this one with other people so We will attempt to run it if it isn't too crazy.