Best and worst - Dating, Wedding, In-Laws, etc

Options

Replies

• Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    I'm lucky, no bad stories about this kind of stuff.

The only thing about the FIL is that he will tell me to my face if my dinner or lunch doesn't taste good.
    So, I guess you've all figured out that I no longer cook for him. My dh is responsible for food when he comes over. lol

It used to offend me but it doesn't anymore. :sad: J/K!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

untitled.jpgYa know what? If you're not gonna complain with the rest of us then hit the back button! AAAAHHHHcopy.jpg

HOLY CHEESE & RICE THATS HUGE
    P.S. J/K by the way :wink:

lmao!!
    I guess it's not the nicest thing ever said to me. lol
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options

Shouldn't that be posted on the "things you say after" thread??
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options

rotflmao!!
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options

:noway:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • mholmes
    mholmes Posts: 949 Member
    Options

hahaha, I knew you were around here somewhere! High_Five_Emoticon.gif
  • mholmes
    Options
    :yawn: "all by myself.... don't wanna be all by myself... anymore..."
  • Shannon023
    Options

Pipe down, wouldja? :smokin:
  • tashjs21
    Options
    What, no duet??
  • mholmes
    Options

Pipe down, wouldja? :smokin:

:sad: :brokenheart:
  • Shannon023
    Options
    What, no duet??

I would, but she don't bring me flowers anymore, she don't sing me love songs. :sad:
  • brandyjo
    brandyjo Posts: 47
    Options
    I didn't get my big fancy wedding but I have a great marriage!
    We were planning the "big one" but my parents (divorced) and his parents couldn't decide who was going to pay for what, they style it should be ( Mexican or more traditional) and we had a whole slew of crazy people trying to tell us how to do it.
    We finally got frustrated enough and found a little wedding chapel close by and we got married on a Wednesday afternoon with less than 20 people there.
    We're still going strong after 3 years dating and 7 years of marriage!!!
  • spaul82478
    spaul82478 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    OH where to begin....

I guess I will start with my wedding plans...lol I was engaged to get married for 1 year and in that one year it was all about my now ex mother in law
    1. She told me I should apeize her in finding differnt wedding invitations
    2. she picked the exact same color dress as my girls... mind you the one thing i asked her to please consider.... she changed her mind when the owner of the bridal store told her it was wrong
    3. she asked me how much each individual gave us
    4. she asked if she could be a part of something so i told her she could plan the shower.... well I ended up doing it all.. go figure (my bridesmaides were my cuz and all 16)
    5 all of my friends backed out at the last min
    6. the dj said the wrong name
    7.My brother (BEST MAN) forgot what to say at his speech..lol so they had to redo it later in the night...
    7 my ex inlaws used our limo to go home in which i paid for
    8.we had to take the drunks home in the limo when i got it back..

now that im divorced these are may signs saying i should of never married..lol I dont regret it I did love him but man I hated them then and i still hate them now
  • mholmes
    Options
    What, no duet??

I would, but she don't bring me flowers anymore, she don't sing me love songs. :sad:

I will leave you with this my darlin...a song and a flower
    "I like big butts and I cannot lie, you otha bruthas can't deny. When a girl walks in with an itty bitty waist and a round thing in yo face you get sprung...." :flowerforyou:
  • Shannon023
    Options
    What, no duet??

"I like big butts and I cannot lie, you otha bruthas can't deny. When a girl walks in with an itty bitty waist and a round thing in yo face you get sprung...." :flowerforyou:

crush.gif I think there's something here that wasn't here before!
  • BlazinEmerald
    Options
    What, no duet??

Wow Shannon you're a lucky girl , thas real love right there...... Sexy :love: hehehe
  • BlazinEmerald
    Options
    Hmmm worst date... he picks me up for dinner (little did I know it would be McDonalds) and on the way to dinner, he looks into my eyes while stopped at the red light and say " So ... gonna give me a lil sucky sucky?" Be still my beating heart talk about sweeping you off your feet woooooo ladies :noway:
  • Shannon023
    Options
    What, no duet??

Wow Shannon you're a lucky girl , thas real love right there...... Sexy :love: hehehe

Lucky, huh???? I could sing back, "Luck be a lady" but since mholmes is involved, that wouldn't work. snickeringg.gif
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Ok!!! Time to relieve some stress! I know there's at least three of us (even if no one else joined in) that could keep this going for years. Tell me your story....... best date, worst date, great wedding, worst wedding, in-laws - love 'em? hate 'em?

I'll go first with a lil snip-it of my wedding. My brother in laws gf was used as a stand-in for me during rehearsal, they wouldn't let my mom come within 10 feet and the DRIVEWAY with her lit cig just before the rehearsal dinner, just before photos my older sis picks a fight with me and then she leaves 15 minutes into the reception - during the father daughter dance....

Wait, are you from Alabama TOO???!?!?!?!?!!?:laugh: I live in Alabama so I am allowed to make fun of the rednecks I live among!! I tend to call myself a Southern Belle, but in the eyes of the rest of the world, I guess I would be a redneck!!! I do know how to ride a four wheeler (quite well, I might add), how to load a shotgun (and actually hit something with it..including birds and skeet), my favorite beer is BUD (light), and I have been known to ENJOY bass fishing.
  • tashjs21
    Options
    What, no duet??

Is this what happens when all of the MFP men run away...:laugh:
  • briblue72
    briblue72 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    This isn't a date or wedding, but something HILARIOUS happened at church at midnight mass one year...

My oldest brother dated this girl for like, 7 years, took her on a trip all around Europe, and on the day they got back, she told him she had been sleeping with his best friend and was pregnant with his friend's baby. Well obviously, my brother was devastated. So he showed up WOBBLY DRUNK at midnight mass.

My dad and his brothers were all altar boys at this church growing up, and then it became tradition for my dad and 3 brothers to take the collection mid-service. My dad, refusing to let down "tradition" insisted that my brother participate as usual. My brother spent the whole 1st half of the mass talking super loud in the back and going outside for smokes. When it came time for the collection, he fell half-way down the aisle and then wacked a FEW people with the collection basket (their baskets on sticks so you can get $$ from people waaay deep in the pews).

Totally class-less and some argue he'll spend the rest of eternity paying for it, but my sister and I thought it was hilarious... :laugh: