exercise dvd fans

Options

Replies

• CaseyM1985
    CaseyM1985 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge 30DS fan, but also LOVE Biggest Loser Cardio Max. It's an older DVD but still a great workout. I have previously done Insanity twice and still think BL Cardio Max higher intensity!!
  • Kasmira0004
    Kasmira0004 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of Jillian Michaels' "No more trouble zones" DVD. I also did the 30 day shred with great results.

I love tae-bo (Oh Billy Blanks, you crazy guy) I like a lot of the Boot Camp style work outs he has out there. I have several of those DVDs.

I also enjoy Zumba.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Turbo Fire is probably my favorite ever. I really love Zumba too, but Turbo Fire is a more intense, a more full body workout (especially if you spring for the weighted gloves) and even though it's priced a bit higher, it's a better bargain because there are over 20 workouts included, which makes them about $5-$6 a piece.
  • powerpuffgirl66
    powerpuffgirl66 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Anything by Chalene Johnson! Love her! She is so motivating. I have Turbo Jam, Turbo Fire (kicks your *kitten*) and Chalean Extreme. Doing Chalean Extreme now and it is by far my favourite workout I have ever done! After this, I am going to do a fusion of both Chalean Extreme and Turbo Fire. HIIT and heavy weights are the way to go, imho.

Edit:

Wanted to add that I own some Jillian Michaels stuff too, including 30 DS, but I just do not like her. She's not as motivating, the workouts are boring and too constant. I like change. Did some p90x - not for me. And own some of Shaun T's earlier stuff, including Hip Hop Abs and Rockin' Body. Oh, and a plethora of Windsor Pilates vids. But Chalene is hands down my favourite.
  • dafoots0911
    dafoots0911 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Kelly Coffey and Cathe Friedrich are good ones. A little tougher than Jillian, but more knowledgeable.
    Agree.
  • clarebailey355
    clarebailey355 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I've got several of Jillian Michaels' DVDs, Ripped in 30 is a good one or Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism if you want something longer. I'm currently on week 2 of Body Revolution.
  • justaweegal
    Options
    P90 extreme fat burning express; and I'm old school, love Billy Blanks' Boot camp series, makes me feel stronger and if need be defend myself... uppercut!!!!!!
  • Naomi0504
    Naomi0504 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I had awesome results with TurboFire by Chalene Johnson.

This is how I lost a lot of my weight last year.
  • Stage14
    Stage14 Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    I have heard great things about Chalene Johnson's workouts, but they're a little too high impact for my knee. I've enjoyed JM's 30 Day Shred and 90 Day Revolution. I also really like Lisa Juliet's Ballerobica and Barre dvds. They're good for changing the pace between one high intensity workout regiment and the next, and they are AWESOME for improving core strength and balance.
  • powerpuffgirl66
    powerpuffgirl66 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I have heard great things about Chalene Johnson's workouts, but they're a little too high impact for my knee. I've enjoyed JM's 30 Day Shred and 90 Day Revolution. I also really like Lisa Juliet's Ballerobica and Barre dvds. They're good for changing the pace between one high intensity workout regiment and the next, and they are AWESOME for improving core strength and balance.

Chalene is very conscious about your knees! Every exercise is modified to be low impact by someone in the cast. My knees were in bad shape when I began, so I did everything low impact. I'm still somewhat low impact, I hate jumping. Turbo Jam is a bit lower impact as a whole. Not as high energy as Tubro Fire. I'm doing Chalean Extreme now. Weights 3x week, HIIT cardio 2x week. Again, all with modifications for low impact and to protect your knees. Definitely recommend.
  • liz2512
    liz2512 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    If you want a challenging workout, P90X, P90X2 or insanity are all really good. I modified some of the moves and had good results as long as I could keep the motivation to do them.
  • nickiev214
    nickiev214 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm currently doing Power 90 and it's great. He tells you to take your time and take water breaks or pause if needed. Only 25-40 minute videos with a ticker on the bottom showing how much time you have left.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    honestly can't go wrong with any beach body dvd. that would be insanity, p90x, body beast, t-25, and a **** ton others
  • Cynnie20012
    Cynnie20012 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, just wanted to say thanks for gathering it all in one thread.. I am currently on Ripped in 30 and I am thinking already of what to do next. Your comments gave me ideas, thanks sweethearts!
  • debraran1
    debraran1 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I started with Jillian's 30 DS and a walking DVD because they were short but packed a lot in 20-30 minutes. My favorite go-to DVDs now are Jillians Biggest Loser Last Chance workout (labeled int-adv) It has interval training of cardio and weights and if you increase weights can do it a long time. Some people don't like that the participants aren't fitness model types but I liked the change and if you do the moves correctly, it is harder than shred to me.
    I also like Jillian's Banish Fat Boost Metabolism. It's 40 minutes, no weights, but gives you a great burn.
    My newest favorite is Amy Dixon's breathless workouts...it's tabata style, 20 seconds of a move, 10 second rest 8 times and then a longer rest. I defy a plateau to stick up to that! : )
  • elis_mama
    elis_mama Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Biggest Loser Boot Camp. I also just bought Jillian Michaels's Kickboxing FastFix, and that looks good.
  • Thully
    Options
    Hi

I wish I lived where I could get all the awesome DVDs mentioned here...

Previous years I tried Hip Hops Abs, Taebo (basic and Advanced). I lost weight nicely.

Also love my Zumba DVD.

3 days ago I bought Body Gospel. I started on that and am loving it! This is one of the Beachbody workout DVDs.

Oh my gosh, I absolutely love Amy Dixon and her workouts always target muscles I didn't even know I had. Unfortunately here in South Africa there are no DVDs on sale by her, but I do get her workouts from some issues of Women's Health magazine. Her 10 minutes workouts left me soaking wet with sweat. She's amazing.
  • tdfarmer
    tdfarmer Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Beachbody workouts
  • AA1ex
    AA1ex Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    A lot of the suggestions are beachbody products, which are great, but they can be a bit pricey. If you go to amazon or some other site you can find 2-3 month programs similar to them but way cheaper. The production and extras aren't the same quality but the workouts are if you know what you are doing. X-factor ST is one of my favorite cheap ones, it is an eight week program with three or four bonus dvds. I think it was $20 at walmart, I have seen it for $8 at big lots as well. Then there is Surpreme 90, which a lot of the reviews said it was a knock off of p90x but I didn't think so. Again, $20 for a 90 day workout program. They both came with meal plans as well. JM is great at having high quality low cost product, but trust me you will get tired of her talking. Though if you are into spending a bunch of money on dvds then beachbody is a great way to go. It is a company that puts a lot of energy into their product before filming. My favorite is insanity, but their website can help you find what is best for you. There is also the free way, on the internet, bodyrock.tv is awesome and different all the time. They have daily routines then you can choose from their library of previously posted workouts. Hope this helps you out!
  • Jessb1985
    Jessb1985 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I love all Jillian Michaels workouts, highly recommended!
    I done the yoga meltdown this afternoon and 6 week 6 pack yesterday.
    I also am about to finish my first round of her Body Revolution program which is 15 different workouts. I think I am going to start again with heavier weights I enjoyed it that much.