Android vs iOS and the 5S vs the 5C

Options
highervibes
highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
So in January I went from my old 4S to the Samsung Galaxy S3 and I love the screen size, but it was a steep learning curve. I'm sure my phone is smarter than I am lol. Anyways, I hate how all the good apps are all made for iOS and MAYBE in a few months I'll get an Android app. I'm considering switching to the 5C or 5S. Just wanted some opinions. Also does anyone know what the main differences between the 5S vs C are? I know I can easily Google this info, just wondering from a practical standpoint if there is a difference worth mentioning.

Replies

• Codename_Duchess
    Codename_Duchess Posts: 2,042 Member
    Options
    http://www.apple.com/iphone/compare/

http://techcrunch.com/2013/09/17/iphone-5s-vs-iphone-5c/

TL;DR
    Ultimately the phone that’s right for you is the one that holds the most appeal to you personally – and yes, before you comment, I fully realize that might be an Android phone. There’s nothing wrong with that, but Apple’s new strategy of releasing two new iPhone devices means a lot more people will be trying to make up their minds between them. Hopefully the considerations above help that decision along.
  • MrsLeonora
    MrsLeonora Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I think the difference of the two is just physical aesthetics.. the 5C is plastic while the 5S has glass/metal and allows for fingerprint access to the phone..but they all run on the same software :-)
  • SwitzEngine
    SwitzEngine Posts: 3,418 Member
    Options
    I am an IT guy and would never buy something from Apple. It is all too proprietary. I rather like it open and compatible.
    43932452 Posts: 7,246 Member
    Options
    I am an IT guy and would never buy something from Apple. It is all too proprietary. I rather like it open and compatible.

Smart guy.:wink:
  • darkon
    darkon Posts: 5,342 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Android vs iOS is a very personal choice.
    At the same price I'd got for the 5S anyway. I have both an ios and an android device and ios is so so so much superior (for me, as i said is a very personal choice).

Oh i'm a programmer and web developer, in my company we also do apps for both the systems, so i'm not talking like a clueless teenager who only plays angrybirds on phones :P

What i'd suggest you to do is go at the store, use em both, buy the one you like the most (in iOS case, i would NOT buy th 5c, expensive and old tecnology compared to the 5s)
  • Zomoniac
    Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I really don't care. They both work. I'm with iOS for the simple reason that I want a high-end smartphone and I want it to fit it my jeans pocket, and so far Apple are the only company to resist turning their phones into something more resembling a tablet. The S4 and Lumia 920 are both so stupidly big that I'm effectively stuck with Apple unless I want to buy a new wardrobe.
  • crackur
    crackur Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    apple is garbage.
  • QuincyChick
    QuincyChick Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I'm having a similar issue. I have the iPhone 4 right now and am definitely overdue for an upgrade. I like the Samsungs, but the size is an issue for me.

*Edit*

It's an issue because I run with my phone, and I don't want a tablet strapped to my arm every day.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I really don't care. They both work. I'm with iOS for the simple reason that I want a high-end smartphone and I want it to fit it my jeans pocket, and so far Apple are the only company to resist turning their phones into something more resembling a tablet. The S4 and Lumia 920 are both so stupidly big that I'm effectively stuck with Apple unless I want to buy a new wardrobe.
    My old HTC died early Saturday morning in the middle of a road trip and I ended up HAVING to get a new phone. I got the Galaxy S3. Holy moly, it's huge!

On one hand, as a phone, that's kind of inconvenient. But on the other hand. I can see things on it now ... lol

I lik eit. I just bought a bigger clip thing so I can still take it on runs since it didn't fit in my old one.
  • Zomoniac
    Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    apple is garbage.

Thank you for your well reasoned contribution.
  • darkon
    darkon Posts: 5,342 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I was thinking the same ahah.
    Well motivated reason!