FOOTBALL! Roll Tide!

Options

Replies

• gabbygirl78
    gabbygirl78 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I live in Birmingham and I am a die hard Bama fan! ROOOOOOOOOOOLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!:drinker:
  • gabbygirl78
    gabbygirl78 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    That's really it. I just got tickets to a Alabama game in October. I lived in Chicago my whole life and I have never been to a football game. Ever. So since moving south these people keep randomly screaming "Roll Tide" where ever I go. I must see what all the excitement is all about.

So what do I need to know about football?

;)

Rule #1 for being a Bama fan is never wear orange...... ever

and this!!!!
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options
    That's really it. I just got tickets to a Alabama game in October. I lived in Chicago my whole life and I have never been to a football game. Ever. So since moving south these people keep randomly screaming "Roll Tide" where ever I go. I must see what all the excitement is all about.

So what do I need to know about football?

;)

I am sooo jealous! My tickets are not until 30 November.....

Oh wait that seems like a much better game on 30 November....

WDE!
  • bugaha1
    bugaha1 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    No one three-peats in College Football. Sorry!
  • NeverCatchYourBreath
    Options
    War Damn Eagle!

that is all.
  • jjinteso
    jjinteso Posts: 2,060 Member
    Options

;)

I am SOOOOOO jealous!!! Do you need someone to go with you??? Roll Tide!!!
  • boatyboat
    boatyboat Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Ha ha ha...what's this "War Damn Eagle" thing?

I have a girlfriend going with me for this game...but I can be swayed...
  • jjinteso
    Options
    War Eagle is the chant for the Auburn Tigers. It is the Tide's cross state rival.

PS - Will bribes work? or ___________ ?? you fill in the blank!
  • SEC_RULES
    SEC_RULES Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Then this year will be the first for a three-peat.... Who do you think will challenge Alabama?
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    Wooooooo Piigggg Soooiiiieee Razorbacks! (yeh yeh, they are going to stink it up this year but, I'm still supportive)

arkhogs.gif

SEC_clickables.gif
  • jlzrdking
    jlzrdking Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Then this year will be the first for a three-peat.... Who do you think will challenge Alabama?

I think Ole Miss could be the surprise team this year and as always LSU will be tough

RTR
  • SEC_RULES
    Options
    Ole Miss has a good starting lineup but nothing after that. A couple of injuries and they are done. Bo Wallace is a lot of their offense and he was injury prone last year. Alabama could compete for the NC with their 2nd string
  • jjinteso
    Options
    I think that their toughest game is behind them Texas A&M. However, LSU always seems to give them a hard time too.
  • SEC_RULES
    Options
    Wooooooo Piigggg Soooiiiieee Razorbacks! (yeh yeh, they are going to stink it up this year but, I'm still supportive)

arkhogs.gif

SEC_clickables.gif

I'm in the same boat as you, Mississippi State is my team but I think our "greatness" has ran it's course. After that I pull for any S.E.C. team. 7 National Championships in a row so far... this year will make number 8.

I wonder if the rest of the conferences like knowing at the start of each season that the best they can do is 2nd place.
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options

arkhogs.gif

SEC_clickables.gif

I'm in the same boat as you, Mississippi State is my team but I think our "greatness" has ran it's course. After that I pull for any S.E.C. team. 7 National Championships in a row so far... this year will make number 8.

I wonder if the rest of the conferences like knowing at the start of each season that the best they can do is 2nd place.

Yeh, our underdog teams have great seasons or a couple of seasons like once every 4-5 years. I just hope for our sake when our time rolls around again. Bama and LSU are having off seasons. At least I can say we have the #4 & #7 running back in the nation at this point. Of course we haven't went up against an SEC defense yet. lol
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    McLkD.gif
  • boatyboat
    Options
    War Eagle is the chant for the Auburn Tigers. It is the Tide's cross state rival.

Absolutely...especially of you get creative!
  • jjinteso
    Options

Absolutely...especially of you get creative!

A couple of good bottle of wine to tailgate with and then a backrub after the game to get rid of the sore muscles. Good start?
  • bamabutterfly83
    bamabutterfly83 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Just stopping by to say ROLL TIDE!! So glad football season is here again!! Enjoy the game!
  • boatyboat
    Options
    Good start...but not quite worth ditchin my friend for...