Best Low Calorie Protein Powder???

Options

Replies

• knighttrain74
    knighttrain74 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Just ordered a 2.5 pd tub of the trutein cinnabon for my morning smootie and a 5 pd tub of the Optimum Nutrition 100% whey french silk vanilla for after my workouts! I'll post the results later!
  • knighttrain74
    knighttrain74 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Just ordered a 2.5 pd tub of the trutein cinnabon for my morning smootie and a 5 pd tub of the Optimum Nutrition 100% whey french silk vanilla for after my workouts! I'll post the results later!

Finally tried them both and the trutein cinnabon tasts as good as advertised! If you don't like the taste of protein powders but want the protein this one is for you! The Optimum Nutrition isn't bad either and was perfect after a workout!
  • PinkKitty724
    PinkKitty724 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I just looked into Designer Whey Aria Women's Protein. 80 kcals per serving. 2g fiber, 14g protein, 1g sugar. Looks pretty decent. I love to have a good shake once in a while but all of the ones I've come across are 130+ kcals, then I add milk, and it's just too much for my calorie goal. This Aria may be the ticket for me! :)
  • ChrisGoldn
    ChrisGoldn Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Zero Carb Isopure

In order to give you the best protein product available, Nature’s Best claims to have used the latest technology and the purest ingredients to create Zero Carb Isopure Protein. Considered to be one of the best products available on the market, Zero Carb Isopure Protein supposedly utilizes 100% Pure Ion Exchange Whey Protein Isolate, so you can start getting the ripped body you’ve always wanted.

Zero Carb Isopure Protein is available in a wide variety of flavors, including apple melon, blue raspberry, pineapple orange banana, and mango peach. Yet is this tasty new formula really the best way to boost your protein intake? Or has Isopure presented us with a placebo?

Inside Zero Carb Isopure Protein

Inside every serving of Zero Carb Isopure Protein are the five most important proteins for athletes: Alpha-lactalbumin, Bovine Serum Albumin, Beta-lactoglobulin, Lactoferrin, and Immunoglobulin. When combined, this powerful formula of muscle-building ingredients can help boost your performance so you can build more muscle.

Additionally, this powerful protein product contains the essential amino acids Isoleucine, Valine, Leucine, and L-Glutamine to get your muscles pumping.

Benefits of Zero Carb Isopure Protein

• Great Taste
    • Wide variety of flavors
    • No blending/shaking necessary
    • Only 200 calories per serving
    • Shortens recovery time
    • Contains 5 types of proteins and muscle building vitamins
    • Wide Variety of Satisfied Customer Reviews

Conclusion

If you’re looking for an easy-to-use protein drink, then Zero Carb Isopure Protein may be the product you’re looking for. This comprehensive approach to building muscle and staying healthy appears to be an effective product. Many people have successfully used Zero Carb Isopure Protein, and a good majority of them have reported its great taste.

In order to build muscle, your body needs an increased amount of proteins and amino acids, and Zero Carb Isopure Protein provides you with everything you need to increase your lean muscle mass. However, Zero Carb Isopure Protein is not a weight loss supplement and does not contain ingredients that stimulate your metabolism or suppress your appetite. Do not confuse this product with the all-in-one cure-all solutions that many other manufacturers claim to produce. Zero Carb Isopure Protein is designed to do one thing and do it well: provide you with an easy-to-use and great- tasting protei

LOL happen to work for NB? Sure sounds like you do...

Nature's Best is a very good product. I used it for awhile..
    Optimum Nutrition is Also a very good product.

Currently my favorite and what im using now is Dymatize Hydrolyzed ISO-100 Whey Protein.

All the above are abit more pricy compared to designer whey, muscle milk, body fortess, or any other protein you can easily get from Chain supermarkets...

But as they say and this is true for protein.... You get what you pay for..
  • pundas
    pundas Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Truenutrition.com lets you customize your own protein mix! I LOVE IT. Right now my mix consists of 50% gemma pea protein and 50% brown rice protein because I wanted a vegan mix with 116 calories 24g protein 1g fat 2g carbs and no sugar. There are a lot of different options you can choose, like egg white protein, whey protein, beef protein, casein protein ect. Also a lot of flavors to choose from. The mix I chose is around $5.50 a pound and got chocolate coconut flavor!!
  • Emv79
    Emv79 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I use Promasil Whey Powder (vanilla is good even mixed only with water, which I often do). Chocolate is decent, but only when mixed in a shake (I'll add half a banana, half a cup of milk, half a cup of so-good frozen desert which is kind of like a non-dairy frozen yogurt and 1tbs of peanut butter...yumm).

Per scoop: 90cal, 20g protein and 0 carbs.
  • amybg1
    amybg1 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Personally I like Allmax, they aren't advertised/as well-known as say Muscle Milk or ON but it's by far the best protein powder (I find anyway).

I've not really seen aConcentrate from them. Only things which have Concentrate would be their Casein as well as IsoNatural which is sweetened with Stevia but doesn't have as many flavors. IsoNatural only has chocolate, Vanilla and strawberry available.

Isoflex (depending on which flavor you buy, highest calorie count I've seen is 118 cal) I currently have a tub of Vanilla (they used to put vanilla bean in there) because I wanted to experiment with some recipes, so here's a rundpwn of the product nutritionally.

Cals: 111

No fat or cholesterol

Sodium: 50mg

Potassium: 140mg

Carbs: 1g

No fibre or sugar

Protein: 27g.

Great amino profile, mixability is up there, taste is great and smooth too! Obviously a shaker's required, or at the very least a spoon. It's easy on the stomach and does its job. It's 97% whey isolate, if you take into account each scoop is 30g.

Flavors for IsoFlex also include Chocolate, Chocolate Peanut Butter (both flavors have real chocolate chips!) Strawberry (with real strawberry pieces), Orange Burst (with real orange pieces in there as well), Chocolate Mint and recently they came out with IsoFlex Chiller which is more of a citrus-oriented Isolate. The product also contains Colostrum for those of you whom are curious.

The Chocolate Peanut Butter tastes like a Reese's, it is a little on the pricey side but what else could you expect from a high-quality product?

Casein Fx only comes in Chocolate and Vanilla as far as I know, has 102 calories, 4g of carbs,2g fibre,2g sugar,25g of protein, 21mg sodium and 130mg potassium.

Note that casein Fx has 25g of BCAA's, 29% calcium and 5% iron

IsoFlex has 27g of BCAA's and 14% calcium
  • Cr357
    Cr357 Posts: 238
    Options
    Trutein, Myofusion, Optimum Nutrition; in that order. Trutein is a blend (whey, egg, casein) and I'm currently using the Cinnabun flavor. It's great and in my opinion, much better than the other two I mentioned. 120 cal @ 24p / 5c 1f
    Trutein Cinnabun is a top notch choice... no proprietary blend
  • iKapuniai
    iKapuniai Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Someone tell me where I can find the Trutein Cinnabun protein!!! I found the site at http://truscience.com/trutein.html, but is that the ONLY place you can purchase it?? It sounds delicious!!
  • EPICSRT
    EPICSRT Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Body Fortress Whey Isolate

30g Protein
    0g Fat
    2g Carbs
    130 Calories per 35g serving
    26 servings in container
    $22 at Walmart

I have not found a cheaper, lower carb/fat/protein ratio out there. Oddly enough, I have found another name brand that has the exact same carb/fat/protein content and the exact same ingredients all listed in the same order for double the price.
  • iDjtsunami
    Options
    Jarrow whey....105 calories chocolate is real good!
  • skadoosh33
    skadoosh33 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I just get pure whey isolate, it is the only ingredient. Therefore, the only calories are from protein. I take 36g and it is 144 cals.
  • Hadabetter
    Hadabetter Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    I take my calculator (smart phone) to the store and I look at the total grams of protein in the entire container, and how much it costs. I buy the whey protein with the lowest cents/gram cost. I can work out the serving size I want to take later.
  • Flagirlof3
    Options
    I tired a few listed here, right now I'm loving Muscle Pharm cookies n cream :)
  • SpiritedAway84
    Options
    I really like Vega. The chocolate flavor is awesome. It is about 159 calories and I think 15 grams of plant based protein. I highly recommend it.
  • FrauHaas2013
    FrauHaas2013 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I use Jay Robb's Whey Protein in vanilla. NON-GMO!!!

Here are the stats:

CALORIES: 110
    TOTAL FAT: 0
    SODIUM: 150 mg
    POTASSIUM: 390 mg
    CARBS: 1g
    SUGAR: 0
    PROTEIN: 25 g
    CALCIUM: 30 mg

No MSG, no artificial colors, no aspartame, no sucratose, no lactose, no sugar, no cholesterol, no artificial flavors, no artificial sweeteners...

And by the way it's supposedly known as "The Best-Tasting Protein on the Planet"
  • arielhood
    Options
    I wanna buy some of the lean dessert!!
    How do you mix it? Water? Milk(what type?)
    I tried using BF and powered milk and tried it with water but it didn't work well.

Thanks!!
  • lizzyclatworthy
    lizzyclatworthy Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Awww you all make me look so silly, i chose my protein powder based on flavour alone! (PhD makes white chocolate)
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I have been using Body Fortress Super Advanced Whey Protein 140 calories per scoop with water 26g protein 1g sugar..

I use this.. but mine is 30g of protein for 170 calories (42 gram scoop)(or chocolate PB which is 150 cal for same weights and amount.)

Which flavors are 140???
  • japar
    japar Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I did a little value based (my values) study on some popular proteins. I was interested in #1-Cost per Gram of Protein, then #2-Percentage of Protein Calories per Overall Calories, then #3-Cost per Serving. I did not try to quantify quality of protein (reviews were all anecdotal and varied), so I assumed an even grade on the quality of the protein (finding no reports stating that any of the proteins below were proven to be inferior). If you have any questions, let me know. OBTW, I go with the #2 Ranked Protein in my study: Body Fortress Super Advanced Isolate which I purchase from Amazon. Hope this is helpful.

7bef57ba-6385-4f73-811a-f0c9d47cda76_zps5a257768.jpg