Sorry, boobs, I love my legs!

Options
Okapi42
Okapi42 Posts: 495 Member
Ok, I'll never have the "thigh gap" look. My thighs are only 2" smaller than my waist at this point. But that's ok, I don't want the thigh gap look. I've recently come to the astonishing conclusion that my legs are now the most shapely part of me.

I used to think of my figure in terms of "at least I have cleavage and a waist" and hide the rest in baggy trousers, but a lot of time spent in the saddles of bikes and horses has given me calves of steel and quads that really stand out - and I've caught myself absently stroking my leg while stopped at a traffic light, feeling muscles I didn't know I had.

Sure they're not tiny, but I like my legs. They take me places. Skirts and skinny jeans, here I come!

Replies

• shellymkmatthews
    Options
    <3 this post! And my boobs and quads. Haha!
  • MsMarlaJean
    MsMarlaJean Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Love this post! I've recently decided to start liking my legs too! I used to despise them because they are short and muscular and thick, but lately my quad is developing into this massive slab of ROCK! My calves have all sorts of definition and while I would still like to lose a bit of my inner thigh I've accepted that I will never have that gap between them...my thighs will forever touch each other and I'm ok with that! YAY!
  • ziggypop93
    ziggypop93 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Yeah I'll never have a thigh gap. Even when I was tiny in high school I didn't have a thigh gap. I'm not built that way and it's okay. My legs are strong and getting stronger every day and I love them.
  • Enic03
    Enic03 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I always felt like I had man thighs and yeah even throughout my very young years my thighs have been the biggest part of me. But I feel just like you said "they take me places"!! We should be proud of our strong legs instead of wishing they were little toothpicks :)
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    Woot! I am finally starting to love my legs, and rock short dresses and shorts after a lifetime of hiding them, too!
  • kiwitechgirl
    kiwitechgirl Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I play roller derby - which means a lot of quad workouts! Never going to have a thigh gap and I'm fine with that - my quads help me skate faster and hit the opposition harder!
  • WisiPls
    WisiPls Posts: 359
    Options
    I always felt like I had man thighs and yeah even throughout my very young years my thighs have been the biggest part of me. But I feel just like you said "they take me places"!! We should be proud of our strong legs instead of wishing they were little toothpicks :)

your thighs look like mine?

48195100_8200.jpg
  • mmipanda
    mmipanda Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I hate that 'thigh gap' is a thing now. It just seems so unhealthy. I'm sure that genetically, loads of skinny girls still won't have a 'thigh gap' just because of how their hips & legs are built. But yay, something new to feel inadequate about! :grumble:

So I'm so happy to read this. Own your legs!
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    Mini bodycon dresses are the best! Also boobless here
  • xcrunner2627
    Options
    LOVE my calves :) nice and toned
  • scottcharl
    Options
    Total leg guy...over boobs. Calves make me nuts!! Just saying:)
  • mareeee1234
    mareeee1234 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Same here!!

I'll never have the thigh gap, even when I was underweight I didn't have it.

I definitely have natural muscular definition and my legs and calves do stand out.. but I work out to try get the fittest and strongest version of my body and am learning to accept my body type! My body fat has definitely decreased from lifting which is greeat!! So although my legs aren't realllyyy thin, they're reallyy firm!
  • notworthstalking
    notworthstalking Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I love my legs too. Is it wrong that I look at other ladies legs? I think it's important to love our bodies, even if we are trying to improve them.
  • Okapi42
    Okapi42 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Glad I'm not the only one! Thanks for sharing your love of legs, ladies.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Well developed quads are my HNNNGGGGG spot.
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    I love my legs, but they don't give me the same thrills that the girls do. haaaa
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    <---Loves her legs and will never have a thigh gap. I see girls on here all the time moaning about having HYOOGE thighs that are smaller than mine. I love my muscles! They let me do amazing things and I can totally rock a miniskirt! :bigsmile:
  • MexicanOsmosis
    MexicanOsmosis Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    yoda-without-pics-this-thread-is-useless-BWVHSx.jpg
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    I love both my boobs and my legs!

I never thought I would say that. I have knock knees and always thought I had man calves but now I think they're awesome!
  • bethannien
    bethannien Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I ♥ this post.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!