Bulk, dude.
  • Xtrobelights
    Xtrobelights Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    IMO still bulk
  • neilvv
    neilvv Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input people, i had pretty much made my mind up to cut but will now carry on with the bulk through until early next year.
    I was just struggling with the idea of gaining fat again however as many of you have pointed out what am i looking to achieve ?

I want to grow and despite my urge to cut that will not help me achieve the body i desire.

Thanks again people :-)
  • CometMeebru
    Options
    you're not at 15%

more like 20
  • TitaniaEcks
    TitaniaEcks Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    OP, I like the picture on the left better. I think you should not bulk more than that, or you'll look like a damn gorilla... that's not attractive. ;-)
  • neilvv
    neilvv Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Lol I decide to bulk and then I get 2 comments 1 saying im at 20% fat suggesting cut ? And I saying I will look like a gorilla haha.
    I have already cut from about 40 % fat so 20 % if that is where i am at is not so bad and bugger it I want to be big in the right places so I will work hard to get there. Cheers for you opinions people.
  • padams2359
    padams2359 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately you asked for opinions of what you should do, and not what people thought of the progression of the plan you had for yourself. I think you have made great progress, and you should do what feels right, and looks right for you. "Opinions are like As€%^{es, everybody has one, and everyone thinks everybody else's Stinks!"
  • milano33
    Options
    LEAN bulk for at least 1-2 years! You don't look fat at all.
  • conniedj
    conniedj Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Your BF is definitely in the teen%. You look really good--and I agree with the smart folks who have said go for the bulk! And congrats on your transformation and hard work! It's such an exciting thing to find this new healthy body, right?
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    I say bulk as long as you can stand the fatness ;) long bulk are better that small bulk / cut cycles but it is such a mindf@ck to gain weight after working so hard to lose it that I have been Unable to bulk more than 3 months out of a year.
  • baptiste565
    baptiste565 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    i would only bulk once i have stopped making gains at maintenence. good luck bro and congrats!
  • medic2038
    medic2038 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    you're not at 15%

more like 20

At 20% he'd have no ab definition, 15% is pretty accurate.

OP,
    Great progress. I'd say keep up the bulk for a while longer! It's far easier to lose fat, then it is to gain muscle. Almost everyone that I know that dropped a bunch of weight had "fat phobia" off the bat when starting to bulk.
  • 123im4u2c
    Options
    Keep bulking for now, but watch the oblique's! I would guess your BF% is 15-18 right now!
    I would aim for another 10 lbs, 15lbs at the most, and then start cutting hard! I wouldn't worry about
    your BF, it's simply a guide for range by ratio and age! I just turned 60, and I still strength train. I'm bulked
    as much as I want to be, shirt sleeves too tight. The only time I ever bulked like this is when I was into body building
    many years ago, and those days are gone! :laugh: You are doing quite well for the time you have put into it! WTG!!!
  • Jacqson84
    Jacqson84 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Looking good but keep bulking!
  • TitaniaEcks
    TitaniaEcks Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Welp, to hell with all of you for telling this man to bulk. You're helping to ruin what could have been a perfectly sexy otter mode body.

I always liked "otter mode" best on men. "Athletic" is already too big for my taste. Would only bang if the guy had a gorgeous face and incredible personality. :-(

1376574656468.jpg
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    Welp, to hell with all of you for telling this man to bulk. You're helping to ruin what could have been a perfectly sexy otter mode body.

I always liked "otter mode" best on men. "Athletic" is already too big for my taste. Would only bang if the guy had a gorgeous face and incredible personality. :-(

1376574656468.jpg

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • trojanbb
    trojanbb Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    cut. Yes you do need to bulk, but what's the point of bulking at 20% bf. you will just look worse even while gaining muscle. get down to 10% bf, should take 2 months tops, much less if you just grind out a high deficit. then bulk for a long long time. way more fun this way, you'll actually see results visually, and you will like what you see in the mirror. bulking at above 15% takes extreme mental fortitude, it is not pretty
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    edited......not worth it.

OP do what you feel is best for you.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Completely uneducated question: what would happen if you progressively lifted heavier while eating at maintenance? Does it have to be cut or bulk?