Favorite diet or food plan

Options
Hi all!

Is there a food plan you've found that really worked well for you? I'm looking for inspiration.

I've had trouble with a few of them:
Atkins - was always tired - lost 20 but as soon as I started eating bread, it came back with a litlte more. :(
SouthBeach - too much shopping and cooking everyday - not feasible for my lifestyle
WW - too much $
Cleanse - I can't drink cayenne, lemon, syrup ever again!!

I would love your input!

Thank you all!

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    My Fitness Pal, using the principles of IIFYM!
  • LumpySpacePrincess1
    Options
    The best diet you can do is simply eating everything you want within your calorie limit.
    As long as you're excluding foods you love from your diet, you will go back and put on weight.
    Eat what you love, just don't eat too much.
    The end.
  • symonspatrick
    symonspatrick Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Calorie controlled diet. Eat less calories than my body needs to lose weight or eat more calories than my body needs to gain weight.
  • mrshudson813
    mrshudson813 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I tried low fat...Lost around 10 pounds in 3 weeks but then didn't lose another pound for 3 weeks. So, I quit.
    High protein/low carb...had ZERO energy. Didn't stick with it long enough to even see major results.
    WW...I lost a decent amount of weight but there were so many "bad" foods that I wasn't allowed to eat. I felt deprived.
    The only "diet" that has been successful is counting calories. I allow myself to eat anything I want, as long as it is within my calorie goal range.
  • DHogan80
    DHogan80 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm interested in some good recipes myself, if anyone has any...
  • janatarnhem
    janatarnhem Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    5:2...I thought it was crazy at first! But I was so stuck logging ....going up and down around a certain weight! Now I love 5:2!
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    My "magic bullet" turned out to be a combination of calorie counting, not excluding any foods and 5:2 fasting.
  • LaserMum
    Options
    I combine the bits from different diets that I've found work for me.

I tried low carb and found that I didn't get so bloated but had no energy so I watch my carbs, especially from bread, but I wouldn't call my diet low carb. It just works for me.

I tried 5:2 but couldn't keep my calories *that* low even for one day at a time LOL! I did find that on fast days when I didn't eat breakfast, I didn't feel hungry until about 3pm or so. So now I don't eat breakfast and just have a couple of very small snacks during the day and eat mostly from 4:30pm when I get home from work. It's not IF but it works for me.

I believe that there is some merit in each diet but you just have to pick the bits that work well for you and enable you to lose weight. It has to be sustainable for YOU!

Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • RoyBeck
    RoyBeck Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Calories in < calories out. Only one that's worked for me!!
  • jdad1
    jdad1 Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    Eating whatever the hell you want as long as it fits into your daily calorie goals.
    end thread
  • DHogan80
    DHogan80 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with LaserMum - need to find something that works.... I'm going through every cookbook to find awesome recipes that are healthy and low in calories. I'm also working in Plexus Slim for the Pink Drink and Bodytrim for the food ideas, snacks and recipes too.
  • 4kuykesh
    4kuykesh Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    @ Jdad - Actually, that does not always work for everyone.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    My Fitness Pal, using the principles of IIFYM!

This. Been going for 8 months, and it's actually been pretty easy.
  • ballerina_tea
    ballerina_tea Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Calorie counting and 5:2 (just another way of creating a weekly calorie deficit.) It's all about calories... Pretty empowering information, imo!
  • jdad1
    jdad1 Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    @ Jdad - Actually, that does not always work for everyone.

Yes it does. If they want to be healthy then they have to change there wants when it comes to food. I eat whatever I want, whenever I want. The only thing that has changed is my wants.