Good for her.
  • SmallMimi
    SmallMimi Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Very impressed!
  • imhungry2012
    imhungry2012 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Awesome. People need to calm down, she IS taking care of her body :)
  • EDollah
    EDollah Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    A few months ago, I went to the gym but wasn't particularly motivated and had convinced myself that instead of squats/deadlifts I'd do various machines. Then I saw a woman who looked 8 months and 29 days pregnant squatting. I figured her excuses were so much more legitimate than my own that I had to go back to my harder workout after all.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    I think it's great and posted about this earlier on my wall.

IMO people need to mind there own business. I'm assuming she's lifted for a long time prior to getting pregnant, is paying closer attention to her body and adjusts workouts as needed. In which case, she's doing something very good for her body, and no doubt giving herself an easier labour when the time comes.

Some people have medical reasons/complications in which they may need to stop, she obviously doesn't as she's got this far along. Good for her! :drinker:
  • evedroid
    evedroid Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    love it!
    i definitely will continue to lift when i get pregnant with my second one :)
  • Pedalpush
    Pedalpush Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Oh my lawdy, I wish I had looked that good with either of my pregnancies! Good for her. She knows her limitations, people need to mind their own business.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    Women turn catty and jealous when they see another woman who is more awesome. Stop the presses.

You know most of the people criticizing her are overweight moms who used pregnancy as an excuse to eat for 6 and turn into couch potatoes. Throwing stones at this woman is just their attempt at making themselves feel better about what they've done to themselves.
  • Absonthebrain
    Absonthebrain Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I saw that story and I think it's good if she wants to stay healthy! Her Dr is fine with it and she has modified it so its not like she going over board. Hats off to her IMO!!! :flowerforyou:
  • ZealousMissJJ
    ZealousMissJJ Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Wow, she is AWSOME!! :love:

ay_118821529.jpg?w=650&h=0&crop=1

ay_118821557.jpg?w=650&h=0&crop=1

My hero :love:
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    Jesus. It's a news story that says "Woman does thing! People on internet complain! Other people defend!"

:yawn:
  • SamMorBelsmom
    SamMorBelsmom Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Amen to her! I think its empowering to see a woman that pregnant working out. Makes my excuses not to work out completely invalid! And yes, to all of the above. People need to mind their own business.
  • LumpySpacePrincess1
    Options
    As long as her doctor gave her the go-ahead, I don't see what's wrong with it.
    Everyone's bought into the myth that we need to lie down and eat ice cream for 9 months....CAUSE IF YOU MOVE A SINGLE MUSCLE YOU'LL MISCARRY AND YOU'LL JUST BE SOME FIT BABY KILLA! :explode:
  • joolywooly33
    joolywooly33 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Amazing woman!
  • summer8it
    summer8it Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    "Normal" pregnant women lift all kinds of things -- heavy bags of groceries, squirming 60 pound children, strollers loaded with both heavy groceries and children -- and no one seems to think it's odd.
  • mmouse90
    Options
    That is awesome. Good for her.
  • betternette
    Options
    "Normal" pregnant women lift all kinds of things -- heavy bags of groceries, squirming 60 pound children, strollers loaded with both heavy groceries and children -- and no one seems to think it's odd.

You said it right! LOL! She looks great and should inspire many.
  • InForBacon
    InForBacon Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    As long as her doctor gave her the go-ahead, I don't see what's wrong with it.
    Everyone's bought into the myth that we need to lie down and eat ice cream for 9 months....CAUSE IF YOU MOVE A SINGLE MUSCLE YOU'LL MISCARRY AND YOU'LL JUST BE SOME FIT BABY KILLA! :explode:
    If I ever get pregnant again, I hope to be lifting through the entire thing as long as the Dr. isn't an idiot and gives me the go-ahead.
  • wjstoj
    wjstoj Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    That's exactly what my stomach looked like 4 months ago !