Football Food

Options
2»

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I want some badass recipes for dips ...i can cook anything but making a good football dip is like a fine art

Have you been on Pinterest?

:laugh: This ^^

foodnetwork.com has some good ones too.
  • Eabec
    Eabec Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Football filled Saturday hurt my diet but was worth it: Wings, stuffed jalapeno peppers with bacon, sausage balls, chips/queso, pigs in a blanket.

This coming weekend I will be forced to eat a salad instead! :laugh:
  • gabbygirl78
    gabbygirl78 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Buffalo chicken dip and chili are what we had last week!

Love Buffalo Chicken dip! This is my diet kryptonite! lol!
  • arghbowl
    arghbowl Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    1) Chicken wings (I grill mine, I've never been a fan of fried chicken). I usually marinate them in some buffalo sauce for several hours or overnight and then throw 'em on a hot grill.

Hell yes. Grilled wings are hands down the best.
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    I want some badass recipes for dips ...i can cook anything but making a good football dip is like a fine art

Have you been on Pinterest?

One does not simply go on pinterest....one clicks for days and days with so many links and pins that one has no possibility of actually creating just one recipe lol

I have 900 pins....have yet to make any of them haha
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Football season can be incredibly bad for me. I've been trying to watch my games in the home gym on the equipment and away from food.

But when I'm in front of the TV, it's pork rinds, buffalo wings and chips.
  • vrhamilton78
    Options
    THIS link has some AWESOME recipes--one of my most favorite food blogs...

http://www.howsweeteats.com/2013/09/football-food-135-recipes-for-football-season-2/
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    We had sliders, steak fries, and nachos this past weekend :smile:
  • CookNLift
    Options
    I made cheese dorito nachos. Doritos, chili, cheese, jalapenos, raw red onion, tomatoes, queso, pulled chicken, and sour cream.
  • louzara5
    Options
    smother me in sour cream lol!
  • CookNLift
    Options
    Jumbo Burger Muffins = Awesome
    4b3d1ffa-183b-46ea-8a9f-fa0dcfe2a8ee.jpg
    http://www.pillsbury.com/recipes/jumbo-burger-cups/009981eb-e2a2-48d3-a548-c7afca34f2f3

1 1/2 pound lean ground beef
    1/2 cup ketchup
    1/3 cup dill pickle relish
    2 tablespoon yellow mustard
    4 oz cream cheese
    1 teaspoon onion powder
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/2 teaspoon pepper
    1 can (16.3 oz) flaky butter refrigerated biscuits
    1 whole egg
    1 teaspoon water
    2 tablespoon sesame seed

DIRECTIONS
    1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. In a 12 inch skillet, cook beef over medium heat 8 to 10 min, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked; drain. Stir in ketchup, relish, mustard, cream cheese, onion powder, salt and pepper. Cook about 5 min, stirring occasionally, until cheese is melted and mixture is creamy. Reduce heat to low.
    2. Seperate dough into 8 biscuits. Using serrated knife,split each biscuit in half horizontally. Press 1 biscuit half into about 4 in round. In ungreased non-stick jumbo muffin pan, press round in bottom and 1/2 to 3/4 of the way up side of muffin cup. Repeat with remaining biscuit halves.
    3. Divide beef mixture evenly among biscuits in cups. Top with the remaining biscuit halves, stretching slightly to cover beef mixture and slightly pressing edges to bottom biscuits to seal.
    4. In a small bowl, beat egg and water until well blended; brush on top biscuits. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
    5. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until tops are golden brown. Cool in pan 5 minutes before serving.
  • CookNLift
    Options
    Buffalo Chicken Crack Dip

8 oz Cream Cheese (Philadelphia)
    1/2 c Hot Sauce - Frank's Red Hot
    Dry Package of Hidden Valley Ranch Dip
    1/2 Cup Mayo
    Splash of Milk
    16 oz Shredded Rotisserie Chicken (No Skin)
    1/2 c Shredded Polyo Mozz

Mix together in a bowl, place into a baking tray and bake for 20 minutes at 350 F

Serve with Tortilla Chips or Nacho Doritos. **CAUTION - CONSUMING THIS DIP WILL CAUSE YOU TO NOT FIT YOUR MACROS*
  • mrs_mab
    mrs_mab Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Some of my favorites:

Homemade buffalo boneless chicken strips w/ blue cheese & celery & homemade potato chips
    Buffalo Chicken Dip & Chips
    Sliders
    Beef Taquitos w/ chips, salsa & guacamole
    Loaded Chili Fries
    Nachos

ADD lots of beer & other alcoholic beverages :drinker:
  • NinjadURbacon
    NinjadURbacon Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Buffalo Chicken Crack Dip

8 oz Cream Cheese (Philadelphia)
    1/2 c Hot Sauce - Frank's Red Hot
    Dry Package of Hidden Valley Ranch Dip
    1/2 Cup Mayo
    Splash of Milk
    16 oz Shredded Rotisserie Chicken (No Skin)
    1/2 c Shredded Polyo Mozz

Mix together in a bowl, place into a baking tray and bake for 20 minutes at 350 F

Serve with Tortilla Chips or Nacho Doritos. **CAUTION - CONSUMING THIS DIP WILL CAUSE YOU TO NOT FIT YOUR MACROS*

will need to try your twist to this dip. I have my own substitutes but yours intrigues me. I just substitute blue cheese crumbs for gouda in original recipe.
  • NinjadURbacon
    NinjadURbacon Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    anyone use franks hot sauce to make hot wings? and with deep frying?
  • mtbwell
    Options
    I have a taste for kielbasa sausages loaded with onions and mustard. I might have that tomorrow during the college games.

I'll limit it to 2 and 1 Rolling Rock beer.
  • chad_phillips1123
    chad_phillips1123 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Personally I just want some food to snack on, but mainly beer.

My brother though makes some incredible things. 2 that come to mind.

1) Chip dip - couple blocks of velvetta, some minced jalepenos, some minced habeneros, some browned ground beef, diced onions, and a can or two of rotel diced (drained) tomatoes. All in a crockpot for a few hours. Tastes great and clears the sinuses!

2) Tostitios Casserole - in a baking dish, layer cheese (some shredded, some of that chip dip above), Tostitos chips, some cottage or cream cheese, some shredded chicken or browned ground beef. Keep layering those until it's just up to the lip of the baking dish. Bake until it's all melted, let cool to solidify, then eat the cheesy nirvana.