Size 6 and 170lbs

Replies

• I"m having trouble calculating the macro calories... never done it before.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    I"m having trouble calculating the macro calories... never done it before.

Go here -> http://iifym.com/iifym-calculator/
  • SuffolkSally
    SuffolkSally Posts: 964 Member
    Can't imagine what it'slike to be in such good shape, lol - congratulations! Just looked at your diary, and think lookiing at your macros would help - less sodium, and more protein v. carbs...
  • Yeah I came up with tdee at 2300, but I don't know how to decipher. What to do with that lol
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    hmmm indeed... I eat 2300/day for recomp or about 2600/day for maintenance. 1470 sounds like starvation to me. Where did that goal come from?

That is my thought.....

On IIFYM calc, they show TDEE for you being around 2300

Yup, 1470 is probably too low. I eat 2000 net to lose, TDEE is 2300-2600 for me.
  • Can't imagine what it'slike to be in such good shape, lol - congratulations! Just looked at your diary, and think lookiing at your macros would help - less sodium, and more protein v. carbs...

Thank you :) That's a good idea.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Yeah I came up with tdee at 2300, but I don't know how to decipher. What to do with that lol

So like no less than 2000... between 2000 and 2100 is probably good to start.
  • MityMax96
    Yeah I came up with tdee at 2300, but I don't know how to decipher. What to do with that lol

Go to step 2 of the calc.
    Select suggested 15%

Step 3, leave at defaults, unless you want to change your fat or protein intake.
    If you do start lifting weights, I would leave protein at 1.00 gr / lb of body weight...

Step 4 gives your macro break down
  • hmmm indeed... I eat 2300/day for recomp or about 2600/day for maintenance. 1470 sounds like starvation to me. Where did that goal come from?

That is my thought.....

On IIFYM calc, they show TDEE for you being around 2300

Yup, 1470 is probably too low. I eat 2000 net to lose, TDEE is 2300-2600 for me.

Do you think maybe I'm just not eating enough, and that's why I can't seem to lose weight? That could be a contributing factor. That's what was recommended by My Fitness Pal.. I've also had a nutritionist in the past recommend it.
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Thank you all.. I meant to repost... I'm 5'6. I do have good muscle tone. I'm just incredibly frustrated with my inability to lose the last bit of fat I'm hanging on to... It's been detrimental to my self-esteem. I am happy to put in the work too! I run just about everyday, I do cross-fit, hiking, turbo fire, you name it. So, MityMax96, you say weight lifting might do that?

5'6" , 170 and a size 6? that is awesome. im 5'6" as well and at 170 I am a solid size 12 (not too big not too small). So I think you are definitely good on the muscle, and probably more strength training will get you the fat loss you are looking for so that you can see your muscle definition.
  • MityMax96
    Most likely....would be my guess.

But could also be your mix of macros
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member

Do you think maybe I'm just not eating enough, and that's why I can't seem to lose weight? That could be a contributing factor. That's what was recommended by My Fitness Pal.. I've also had a nutritionist in the past recommend it.

Yeah the one-size-fits-all weight loss approach doesn't work. The less fat you have left, the smaller the sweet spot between burning fat and seeing hormonal and metabolic changes that will just thwart your efforts. You just need a teenie cut. 15% or even 10% with next to nothing to lose. I'm going to bet your body fat % is about 20 just judging by your size/weight/height. That's completely healthy.
  • Most likely....would be my guess.

So, macros are showing in grams per day:

118carbs, 19protein, 73.9fat, and 34-43 fiber. Total of 1901 calories on a low carb (I don't really like bready foods) for weight loss.
  • MityMax96
    Most likely....would be my guess.

So, macros are showing in grams per day:

118carbs, 19protein, 73.9fat, and 34-43 fiber. Total of 1901 calories on a low carb (I don't really like bready foods) for weight loss.

118 carbs == 472 cal
    190 protein == 760 cal
    74 fat == 666 cal
    Total == 1898 (so 1900)
  • MityMax96
    Now if you take up weight lifting, which I recommend.

After your weight training sessions (go hard and put in all the effort), put the bulk of your carbs in the meal following your workout.

Proteins and fat can be spread out over the day.
  • Okay, so I need to UP my intake... maybe that will work :) I'll reconfigure myfitnesspal and give it a try :)

• Do you think maybe I'm just not eating enough, and that's why I can't seem to lose weight? That could be a contributing factor. That's what was recommended by My Fitness Pal.. I've also had a nutritionist in the past recommend it.

Yeah the one-size-fits-all weight loss approach doesn't work. The less fat you have left, the smaller the sweet spot between burning fat and seeing hormonal and metabolic changes that will just thwart your efforts. You just need a teenie cut. 15% or even 10% with next to nothing to lose. I'm going to bet your body fat % is about 20 just judging by your size/weight/height. That's completely healthy.

Thank you :) It's been super tough. My body fat, just a guess, is most likely around 20ish... I'm not skinny, but not chubby either. I think I'll start eating more, balance my macros, lower my sodium, and start weights.
  • MityMax96
    Give it about 40 - 60 days, and see if you are moving in the right direction....

But don't rely on a scale only as your progress marker.....

Use the mirror, and how you feel over all.....as well as how the clothes are fitting.
  • MityMax96
    Oh, and VEGGIES and WATER!!!!
  • You guys are really awesome! :) Thank you for all your help! I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel lol :) I really want to put this behind me.

What do you think of fat loss supplements? I'm currently taking garcinia cambogia and Super HD weight loss supplements.