Kombucha

Options
Ok, I have read a lot of mixed reviews about Kombucha, I would love to know how MFP'ers rate it.....

Replies

• confused_truffle
    confused_truffle Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I. LOVE. Kombucha!!! :bigsmile: :love:

I would start with a flavor like mango, ginger or strawberry, because it does taste similar to like an apple cider vinegar drink. However, I can't eat yogurt and it's so good for the intestines!! I highly recommend it.
  • amyjunkins
    Options
    LOVE it. Brew my own after getting tired of how spendy it is in stores.
  • 812sara
    812sara Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I. LOVE. Kombucha!!! :bigsmile: :love:

I would start with a flavor like mango, ginger or strawberry, because it does taste similar to like an apple cider vinegar drink. However, I can't eat yogurt and it's so good for the intestines!! I highly recommend it.

I love the strawberry! I am pretty sure it helped detox me before I got started on my exercise regimen.
  • 812sara
    Options
    LOVE it. Brew my own after getting tired of how spendy it is in stores.

Yea I hate that its so pricy but I am not brave enough to brew my own!
  • Rubyayn
    Rubyayn Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I like it ok. I brew it at home easily, but mostly my husband drinks it. We always add in some juice or fruit pulp. It has a nice fizzy taste.
  • cmsgrant
    cmsgrant Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Could you please share how you make it yourself?
  • porcelain_doll
    porcelain_doll Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Could you please share how you make it yourself?

I'm interested, too.
  • nitenichiryu
    Options
    Are you talking about real konbucha 昆布茶 or American kombucha?
  • Circapaleo
    Options
    Love!!! :)
  • sinistras
    sinistras Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    In love with Unity Vibration Kombucha beer--they have Ginger and Raspberry flavors. But yeah, the stuff ain't cheap, so it's more for special occasions...love it.
  • coloredswirls
    Options
    Really love it, too. Saw the mixed reviews as to what it can actually do for you - but I can attest to it being tasty & making me feel good. Blueberry's awesome.
  • 812sara
    Options
    Really love it, too. Saw the mixed reviews as to what it can actually do for you - but I can attest to it being tasty & making me feel good. Blueberry's awesome.

It makes me feel great as well! I really think it helps your body detox
  • jetgirl1313
    Options
    http://www.culturesforhealth.com/how-to-videos#kombucha_videos

I've used these videos and they are awesome!
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    I used to make it at home but I got tired of keeping up with it. Now I want some...
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    Ok, I have read a lot of mixed reviews about Kombucha, I would love to know how MFP'ers rate it.....

I love it!! 10+++++++++++++++
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    In love with Unity Vibration Kombucha beer--they have Ginger and Raspberry flavors. But yeah, the stuff ain't cheap, so it's more for special occasions...love it.

I came in here to say this! Fellow Michigander, I take it? Edit: Wow, they're distributing tons of places now! Good to hear... I guess I'm lucky to be 20 minutes away from them!

I'm a fan. Not a "die-hard" yet, but any I've tried have tasted sour and vaguely like pop or beer.
  • EmilyJackCO
    EmilyJackCO Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I've tried it 3x, and each time, it made me projectile vomit. NO.