Love my wine, sigh.

Options
124»

Replies

• quiltchickie
    quiltchickie Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Yay! I have found my people! ;)

So glad to hear that as long as I exercise and fit the wine calories into my daily allotment I will still lose weight.

:drinker:

Amen, sista! Thought I was nuts.
  • MrsTattie
    MrsTattie Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Sitting here with my 2nd glass of wine.....aahhhhhhh! Friday-night-wine-time nothing to beat it! Relaxing after a week, kids in bed, just about to put a film on with hubby, loosing just over 1lb a week, life is good! I know weight loss could be faster, but I don't think it would be sustainable! The relax factor needs to be built into the weight loss equation!
    Happy-wine-time, folks!
  • MrsTattie
    MrsTattie Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Ps check my pic out....
    Run...sweetie, the bar is going to close...think of the wine, sweetie. RUN!
  • torie079
    torie079 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Am I the only person who was surprised at how few calories are in wine? I mean red wine at least, I can drink an entire bottle of wine and have a pretty good buzz for the same amount of calories as like 2-3 beers. Just drink it, but drink it in reason and if you want a glass, go workout so you can have one. Problem solved.

I'm with you... I actually don't think wine is that bad compared to mixed drinks and some beers and its higher alcohol. I just do an extra work out and eat a healthier dinner if Im planning on downing a bottle. (Im preggo right now, so no wine..lol)
  • terri6158
    Options
    Good idea about adding seltzer! Love my wine too...Gin on the rocks with lime has the same calories (2 ounces) ,as wine, but no sugar. I like that too! Just beginning this week.doing the Paleo diet. Didn't drink yesterday , but I am thinking of fitting in a drink in today b/c it's Friday.
  • jchadden42
    Options
    Am I the only person who was surprised at how few calories are in wine? I mean red wine at least, I can drink an entire bottle of wine and have a pretty good buzz for the same amount of calories as like 2-3 beers. Just drink it, but drink it in reason and if you want a glass, go workout so you can have one. Problem solved.

I was surprised by how few calories are in red wine. I don't drink anything but wine or water (occasionally unsweetened tea), so I don't feel bad about drinking it. Red wine has far fewer calories than most sodas.
  • debants
    debants Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I luv the stuff and not giving it up for nothin or nobody!!!! Another hour of work and I can't wait to get home to pour one!
  • kaclever
    kaclever Posts: 14 Member
    Options

I am a fan of the sweet wines... Roscoto, Moscato Di Asti and Riesling are my favs... I feel like an adult because I have an appreciation for wine - but still feel not so adultish because I like the sweet stuff...

Wine is good!

This is me haha.
  • Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
    Options
    I've been budgeting my food today so I can have a glass of wine with dinner tonight! Also doubled up on the exercise even though I didn't feel like it just to enjoy myself tonight. Can't wait! :)
  • Mslmesq
    Mslmesq Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    It's astonishing how many calories are in wine. I do fine with eating right and exercising, but when I get home at the end of the day...
    So, my goal is to only drink on Friday and Saturday, and then have a maximum of 3 drinks in the evening. That seems like a very doable goal, doesn't it?

That was what I had to do, along with an occasional drink on Thursday or Sunday. It's doable. Just give it a few weeks and you'll stop wanting it on weekdays. It slowly becomes habit.

Note: I would replace my wine with something else I loved and it helped. So, I like popcorn. I get popcorn or wine, but not both. So my treat on weeknights many times was popcorn.

Good luck and keep us posted.
  • sussexbythesea
    sussexbythesea Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    I spoke to another wine lover who went walking for wine...if she could walk off the calories then that evening she would have a glass. Seemed like a plan...love the idea of the smaller glass too.

LOL think that means me! I try to only drink at weekend now even though I am on maintenance and can fit it in more easily. When out a good choice is cava or sekt or even champagne if feeing flush as the small glass + less cals.

No point in excluding anything you have in normal life completely!
  • jenflynn42
    Options
    Hopefully I'm not the only one that thinks this way but although I don't drink wine every day, sometimes I would be willing to eat celery all day just so I can go to a "happy place" that involves some downtime with my favorite girls, a couple bottles of red and a bowl of trader joes dark chocolate sea salt almonds..omg! The pairing is heavenly ;)