What do you put in your tuna?

Options

Replies

• joe2626
    joe2626 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Can of tuna, tbsp of mayo, tbsp of ketchup, small can of sweet corn, and some penne. Can't beat it.

Just add a little paprika and maybe some cayenne pepper too (if you're feeling spicy) and it just makes it.
  • kittiebittie
    kittiebittie Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    We make Italian tuna, which is less fattening. You use Italian Dressing, Balsamic Vinegar, chopped tomatoes, 1/2 teaspoon fresh basil, 1/2 fresh garlic, maybe boiled egg and either add graded parmasan cheese or put on slice of provolone on top. We also use toasted whole wheat bread. I imagine you could add olives or pepporoni/salami if you wanted to. Quite tastey! ;)
  • p1xyn1xy
    p1xyn1xy Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Fine dice celery, either diced white onion or green onion, olive oil mayo, salt, pepper, mustard and cumin. I have really started to like cumin as a spice. It's good in chicken salad too.
  • pita7317
    pita7317 Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    Small amount mayo or miracle whip, Dijon. Small dice celery, red onion, water chestnuts. I like it to be crunchy.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Lite mayo, a little yellow mustard and relish, onions and chopped up pickles. Yum!
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    Jeesh....I read the cellutlite thread under chitchat, fun and games....then I come and read this title and just can't think of a serious answer :/ LumpySpace broke my mind

I like to add a little bit of shredded cheese and wrap it in a piece of lettuce. Sometimes I add cottage cheese. That's about it really.
  • Terry903
    Terry903 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Great recipe, yum!
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    A fork.
  • renatewolfe
    renatewolfe Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I dice up some red or yellow pepper, cucumber, and seeded tomato if I have it and mix that in with a can of tuna. I use 2 wedges of Laughing Cow Light cheese as a binder, but mixing it with salsa sounds good too, and fewer calories. I eat mine as a salad, because it takes longer to eat so I feel more satisfied. I really can't keep crackers around. They are as big a trigger for me as chips.
  • crevices
    crevices Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    tuna, corn, mayonnaise, green onion, hard boiled egg. yum yum. as someone previously mentioned, now that im dieting and what not i usually have it on its own or will mix it with a light sauce for flavour.
  • katevarner
    katevarner Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Avocado, lemon juice and celery. I often eat it with cherry tomatoes or inside a cut up large tomato.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I have it with ranch, but I have a home-made keto dip(mayo, spices and vinegar). I also have it with sunflower seeds in it, or on a salad.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Mayonnaise, dash of tabasco and worcestershire, squeeze lemon and some shredded jack cheese. Put on whole wheat bread, and Broil open face sandwiches!
  • jamiem1102
    jamiem1102 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Lite Sour Cream, teeny bit of mayo, lemon juice, jalapenos, cucumber, egg whites, salt, pepper... OR I'll do avocado, lemon, salt, and jalapenos. :) Just depends what I have on hand.
  • sunfirelynn
    sunfirelynn Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Mayo and diced celery & onions , and mustard or garlic salt.
  • TigerBite
    TigerBite Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I use plain yogurt instead of mayo ... can't stand mayo...

Sometimes I'll use mashed avocado instead of mayo ... with chopped celery, chickpeas, and diced red onion ...

Or, Kalamata olives, chopped sundried tomatoes, roasted red peppers, cannellini beans, red onion, parsley ... some olive oil and aged balsamic .. maybe some Locatelli shavings ...

Growing up in an Catholic (Italian) family, you learn how to do a lot with tuna during Lent, lol ...

ETA: Tuna mixed with a little marinara is also tasty ...

I've had it as a pizza topping, while in Italy ... Tuna and Olive Pizza ... it was actually really good ...
  • rwstoneman1
    rwstoneman1 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    a bit of vinegar and cucumber for me :)
  • Camera_BagintheUK
    Camera_BagintheUK Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Tuna and sweetcorn is pretty staple as a sandwich filling in the UK.

I like tuna mayonnaise on Ryevita with chopped spring onions on top - really really tasty!

I used to make a basic white sauce and stir in the tuna with chopped onions, veg, sweetcorn or whatever, and serve on a baked potato or past or rice. (Haven't made that for years now though!)
  • DonM46
    DonM46 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    All finely chopped --
    Boiled egg, celery, onion, sweet pickles, a little mayo, lots of mustard.
    Add to drained tuna & mix thoroughly.
    Salt & pepper to taste.
    Refrigerate while waiting for flavors to blend.
    Serve cold on toasted or untoasted white bread. (my wife prefers saltines instead of bread)
    For a change, add a lettuce leaf and thinly sliced tomato to the sandwich.
  • spearfox
    spearfox Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Lite Raspberry Walnut Vinaigrette Dressing.
    Then I mix in any number of other things