Looking for friends 40+

Options
Hi, since getting to my forties I've found it much harder to lose weight and keep motivated to do so!

If you find yourself in the same situation and want to share help, advice and encouragement, I'd love to share my profile with you.

I'm sure I'm not the only one in their forties who needs a little bit of encouragement every now and then .................. am I?????

Replies

• vlland
    vlland Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hi welcome and feel free to add me as a friend if u want. it is definitely harder to lose weight as u get older. Im 48 and think it got worse for me at 47. Still - I keep trying :)
  • ChrisM8971
    ChrisM8971 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I am 46 although and this is the first time that I have tried to change my eating habits and drop the excess weight

Seems to be working pretty good at the moment :-)

Feel free to add me, I log on every day and support and encourage where I can
  • KardioKim
    KardioKim Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Hi guys,

Feel free to add me. I'm in my 40s and losing has never been harder...

Need all the support I can get!
  • poshlynn
    Options
    Hi all,

I'm 41 and starting to get back on track with my diet. Feel free to add me as a friend so we can motivate each other.
  • ttruhol
    ttruhol Posts: 4,326 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I am probably the oldest one at 48 soon to be 49, please feel free to add me! I find that having new accountable friends form MFP really helps me! :smile:
  • drcrisos
    drcrisos Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I just turned 48 last week and I sure need motivation to keep going.
    Feel free to add me :)
  • Tansy98
    Tansy98 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 44 - been on mfp since Jan and have found it a great motivator but I seem to have hit a wall with weight loss lately. Feel free to add me if you like I log in every day :)
  • chris2267
    chris2267 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm 46. Love to have more friends. I've noticed its harder to lose too. I've been C25K every other day and that has helped. Also 80/20 paleo diet.
  • dragonfly123321
    dragonfly123321 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm in my forties feel free to add me
  • mshellebean27
    Options
    Hi, I just turned 40. Nice to meet you! Feel free to add me.
  • bonniebuchholz56
    Options
    feel fre to add me if you like I am 46 and have gained 75lb in 5 years and I am just getting started again...But I am ready...
  • curvymommacita
    curvymommacita Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am 41 been trying this for a little over a year..lost 60 #..trying to get 40 more..anyone can add me!
  • Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
    Options
    Turned 40 this year. I plan o. Losing the weight before it gets harder to do so. Anyone feel free to add me. I am here everyday
  • bridgie101
    bridgie101 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Add me too if you like constant encouragement, i like to post on people's walls and I like it when they post on mine. Keeps me going. :p

Boy, was it a shocker finding out what a 43 yr old needs to keep going. We just get more and more efficient as we get older, don't we.
  • Darcie45
    Darcie45 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 45 and love to give and get motivation. So please feel free to add me!
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    I am 48 .. and just new to all this being healthy stuff. I will admit that I have been very bad in the past .. and gotten myself into trouble. I am just tired of looking like a middle age overweight guy.

I am just hoping to get back to where I was 7 years ago.

Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • quiltchickie
    quiltchickie Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I am 42, have two kiddos (ages 10 & 12), a hubby who pretty much thinks I am nuts for logging EVERYTHING and who pretty much eats what he wants. Less than a month ago I stepped on a scale and couldn`t believe my eyes (thinking when the heck did THAT happen??). Made up my mind right then to make a change - for ME (which is a foreign thought since I became a mom). Trying to stay on track while being tempted by concession stands every weekend is always a challenge. I think accountability is a beautiful thing. I wanna be able to put on my clothes and have them feel comfy instead of snug.:-)
  • Wekaba67
    Wekaba67 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I am 46, began MFP the first of August and have been able to shed 18 lbs. so far. I am open to having more friends who eat more than 1200 calories (at TDEE-?%), per day, have open diaries, who want to be encouraged as well as an encourager and who use nice, clean language. :bigsmile: Send me a quick message with where you are in your journey and/or goals you may have.
  • Groovyca2022
    Groovyca2022 Posts: 21,378 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I am 46. I log daily and keep an open diary. Feel free to add me.

Good luck.
  • ractrev
    ractrev Posts: 426
    Options
    47 here and I am on every day. Anyone feel free to add me!