tea drinkers?

Options
1235»

Replies

• rwstoneman1
    rwstoneman1 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Tea is essential to life.

I drink it without milk or sugar (occasionally I like a bit of honey - or maybe a slice of lemon). My favourite teas at the moment are vanilla rooibos and china rose petal!
  • sweetbtty
    sweetbtty Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Wow- I have been without coffee for 3 days now and have been substituting green tea. It is hard but I don't see a problem with drinking teas throughout the day. But maybe try those flavor enhancers for water, or mix up teas and water throughout the day. Just an idea!
  • padams2359
    padams2359 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I love tea, but drink in mostly in the winter time. Live in a pretty hot climate, and prefer hot tea. Fall is coming, and times coming to break out my F&M tins.
  • Karababy51
    Karababy51 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I used to drink 4-5 RC colas a day but gave them up when Hubby and I started our new healthy lifestyle almost two weeks ago. I tried replacing them with Crystal Light but found it way too sweet, even after adding fresh lemon juice to cut the sweetness. Then I experimented mixing 1/2 100% juices & 1/2 sparkling water together because I thought I'd miss the bubbles. It's good, but I can't afford to drink it all day long because the sugar content in the juice would blow my calorie budget.

We've both always loved iced tea, so now I keep a 1/2 gal jug of unsweetened caffeinated in the fridge and we drink that and plain water all day long. Surprisingly, I don't miss the pop or it's sugary bubbles at all.

My best friend suggested I try green tea for the health benefits. Is that good iced?
  • enchantedgardener
    enchantedgardener Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I used to drink 4-5 RC colas a day but gave them up when Hubby and I started our new healthy lifestyle almost two weeks ago. I tried replacing them with Crystal Light but found it way too sweet, even after adding fresh lemon juice to cut the sweetness. Then I experimented mixing 1/2 100% juices & 1/2 sparkling water together because I thought I'd miss the bubbles. It's good, but I can't afford to drink it all day long because the sugar content in the juice would blow my calorie budget.

We've both always loved iced tea, so now I keep a 1/2 gal jug of unsweetened caffeinated in the fridge and we drink that and plain water all day long. Surprisingly, I don't miss the pop or it's sugary bubbles at all.

My best friend suggested I try green tea for the health benefits. Is that good iced?

Green tea makes a great iced tea! I especially love the flavoured green teas for this: jasmine, citrus, peach, pomegranate, etc. Do be sure not to over-steep green tea as it becomes bitter in less time than does black tea.
  • Karababy51
    Karababy51 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Green tea makes a great iced tea! I especially love the flavoured green teas for this: jasmine, citrus, peach, pomegranate, etc. Do be sure not to over-steep green tea as it becomes bitter in less time than does black tea.

Excellent! :) Thanks for the advice & the tip, I'll definitely check it out.