Update: 145 days, weights, food, and a New Chapter

Options
Achrya
Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
Update from: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1053862-look-15-pounds-lighter-in-2-easy-steps-eat-and-lift?hl=look+15+pounds+lighter

It's been another two months, a delightful two months full of weights and food and occasional "WTF is going on here?" moments (Both in relation to my real life and MFP.) I've made friends, lost a few friends, learned some things, unlearned some awful things, and did I mention I lifted a lot of weights and ate a lot of food?

Where I started

Early May
mfnAdco.jpg
1lvLFMU.jpg

The Details

I lift heavy (for me) 3 times a week. My squats are at 110, my deads 155 (that's more than I weigh, btw) my bench and OHP are at 60, and I can barbell row 65. I've added weighted hip thrusts and some pulling exercises to my workouts as well; I hope to move on to attempting pull ups soon!

I have eaten an average of 1725 calories for the past 3 months, and lost all of my weight at above 1650. I'm at a goal of 1825 right now, and doing a pretty good job of staying in that area, +/- 100. I eat everything, in moderation. I had a cup of gelato last night, it was fantastic. I had cheesecake a few nights last week, I still love McDonald's and Wendy's, and I will never ever give up pasta, white rice, or white bread. I also eat a lot of leans meats, vegetables, whole grains, egg whites, and fruit. I play video games a few hours a day and watch TV on the couch with my husband on weekends.

I started Stronglifts 5x5 in the middle of June and as we near the end of August I find myself at a point where it's time to move on (If I recall SL is a 12 week program so it's literally time to move on. I've lingered too long) I did some cardio, but not as often as I probably should have and not with any real enthusiasm.

Right now

vAvjuhg.jpg?1

KoOvhP3.jpg?1

And just for funsies this is my arm
fEXLq2Y.jpg?2

This is my stomach when not flexing like I was in those other ones. Still not a bad look, I think.
z52QOQ8.jpg?1

I find myself at a point where I look in the mirror and I'm happy with who I see, really genuinely happy, and I'm ready to shift my goals a little bit. I no longer want weight to be at the front of my thoughts, but somewhere in the back where I keep thoughts of cauliflower and American Idol. I want strength and body comp/appearance to be my focus, and with that in mind I think today (or maybe Monday. I like to start things on Mondays) will be the start of a new chapter in my life.

What next
I'm looking into 5/3/1 (I've heard good things) I'm gonna raise my calorie goal a bit (I lose about a pound a week eating 1700-1725, so 1900-1950 seems safe. I'll add some like 50 calories every 2 weeks, because I like to be able to observe changes). I will probably at some point actually hit the end of my ticker. I may even go pass the ticker. But whatever, who cares about a ticker. I want to be strong and badass, and one of the most important things I've learned is that strength isn't a number on your scale, but more like going on hikes with my husband and making it to the top/not passing out five minutes in.

These are actually the same shorts as in my now picture, but 45 days ago. True story.
lTKtOFD.jpg?1

Tired and sweaty, but that view!
lA3lf16.jpg?1

Moral of the Story

No idea. WAIT! No, I got it: Lift heavy, eat more, dig deep, be a BAMF!

...nah. Cheesy. Never mind.No moral to be found here.

Replies

• lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    In for immorality!

Oh,wait. :drinker: congrats!
  • Achrya
    Options
    In for immorality!

Oh,wait. :drinker: congrats!

There's always time for immorality!
  • nuday813
    nuday813 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    YOU ROCK!!!!!!! GREAT WORK:drinker:
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Awesome job, you look fabulous.

Koko Head, ftw!
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    Love :smile:
  • fivethreeone
    fivethreeone Posts: 8,196 Member
    Options
    Yay! keep on going, lady. You look great.
  • lyn_2013
    lyn_2013 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! I have been thinking about lifting and your story really motivates me to start! Congrats on your achievements! :)
  • Achrya
    Options
    Awesome job, you look fabulous.

Koko Head, ftw!

Koko Head is, thus far, one of my greatest fist pump moments. I tried twice, failed, and then finally got to the top of that monster climb and felt like I'd done something major.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    NH0zEjj_zps952cbd38.gif

You continue to inspire. :heart:
  • Achrya
    Options
    Love :smile:
    Yay! keep on going, lady. You look great.
    You continue to inspire.

((Hugs))

:flowerforyou:

I love you guys!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I heart you so hard girl!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :love: :love: :love:
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    You rock. Great job and thanks for posting your story with pics. It can be done, just takes hard work and motivation. You look awesome!
  • Achrya
    Options
    You rock. Great job and thanks for posting your story with pics. It can be done, just takes hard work and motivation. You look awesome!

Exactly! If you want it, you can achieve it, end of story. It's hard, sometimes it hurts, sometimes is sucks, sometimes you'd just rather sleep, but if you do those things you're only holding yourself back, so you might as well just woman up and get it done
  • floop1207
    floop1207 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    amazing :happy:
  • Hildy_J
    Hildy_J Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    Wow. You look amazing and have a simply awesome figure! Arms looking really toned.

Impressive work! :flowerforyou:
  • Chellody22
    Chellody22 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!
  • VBnotbitter
    VBnotbitter Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful, and all your updates continue to inspire me.

(I thought you had left, what is it about MFP that makes all the good people who speak common sense have to change their identity all the time?)
  • skylarbwell
    skylarbwell Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Wooohooo! Congrats on your success!
  • Achrya
    Options
    You look wonderful, and all your updates continue to inspire me.

(I thought you had left, what is it about MFP that makes all the good people who speak common sense have to change their identity all the time?)

Haha. Still here, just...different.
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    Great job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!