What do you put in your tuna?

Options

Replies

• JustineMarie21
    JustineMarie21 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Believe it or not cottage cheese is AMAZING in tuna!

Jeez I just can't get away from cottage cheese today :sad:
    I love using it to bulk up my tuna sandwich. I also add, chopped pickle, red onion, red pepper, cucumber then top my sandwich with a pile of spinach, pepper, and strawberries. SOunds weird but the sweetness works.
  • KMMRN
    KMMRN Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Fat free Greek yogurt (a lot) and seasoning of your choice.
  • heyheyrae1
    Options
    We always use mayo and a dollop of yellow mustard. My aunt and uncle use relish but the rest of us don't.
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    I do a "tuna and green beans" meal twice a day on Wednesdays. Just flaked tuna and cut green beans mixed together. I do a can of each .. one of tuna and one can of beans. I find it a lot of food for only being about 165 calories.

The thing about tuna that you have to be cautious about is the mercury content. I have checked and I am only allowed 3 cans of tuna a week. Don't want to die of mercury poisoning.

So .. really nothing special in my tuna .. just pretty much plain for me.
  • elsdonward
    elsdonward Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Saltines - that takes me back In the UK we used to have these but the name was not politically correct fro us and now I cant find them any more!!
  • BlisterLamb
    BlisterLamb Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Whatever I have. Mayo, honey mustard, relish, onion, hard boiled egg, pumpkin seeds, cheese, shredded lettuce. Not all at once. Always the mayo and honey mustard, and then any combination of the other stuff. But I just eat it in a bowl, not on bread.
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    Everything but the kitchen sink.

I'll drain the tuna, add a bit of low cal /low fat mayo then start chopping veggies. I'll dice up: pickle , olives, onion, celery, cucumber , tomato, ....pretty much whatever veggies I've got. I make a huge salad out of it and then dive in with my fork if I'm trying to save carbs (dm 2). Other options I've done, some sugar free pickle relish, carrots, red pepper or roasted red peppers. Depends on the taste buds and the veggie drawer that day.

Gives your teeth & jaw a good work out, lotta chew food for very little calories and carbs. Add a bit of S&P to taste.

Works well with flatbread crackers and a can (plus a ton of veggies) makes a few meals out it.
  • alinefouche
    Options
    A little bit of Mayo, mustard, and chicken paste.
    --I guess that makes it no longer Tuna.
  • Schlackity
    Schlackity Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    bump
  • doctorsookie
    doctorsookie Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    hummus, yogurt, mayo, carrots, celery, eggs, cherry tomatoes. A combo of those depending what I have in hand.
  • Peachy1962
    Peachy1962 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I like to make tuna salad with light mayo yellow mustard an sweet pickle relish an some fine chopped sweet onions!! then on a pc of toast top tuna salad with a slice of cheese and toast til hot in bubbly in the toaster oven or ya can melt the cheese in the microwave!!

TUNA MELT!! YUM :love:

I love to make a tuna casserole with egg noodles as well is soooo tasty!!
  • PinkkCamel
    PinkkCamel Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Tuna scramble! Drain the tuna (in oil, not brine) and put in the fry pan. The tuna is coated with oil so you dont need to oil the pan. Dice up a tomato and put it in along with any other vegetables you'd like (onion, carrot, zucchini, bell peppers or a combination of these) and continue frying until the vegetables are soft and the tuna is browned. When everything is cooked to your liking, mix up an egg/ 2 eggs/egg whites (depending on your hunger levels/ protein and fat macro needs of the day) with some cajun spice and cinnamon in a seperate bowl then mix it through until it sets to your liking.

Absolutely amazing, and I top mine with a dollop of natural greek yoghurt and sriracha everytime (: Ridiculously tasty.
  • dinobunni
    Options
    Omg you guys are amazing. I'm going to try them all! Thank you! <3
  • mom2kpr
    mom2kpr Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Dedicated_Donna
    Options
    Avocado and relish...sounds gross...but it is great!!!
  • 123im4u2c
    Options
    I either use nothing, and eat it right from the can, or I use Hellman's light mayo, onion, and ground pepper!
    I put lettuce and tomato in a whole wheat pita, and just gnosh! Love it! you can't tell the difference between Hellmans regular,
    and the light! I also do the same with my chicken salad but I add seedless javascript:add_smiley('drinker','post_body')cut up grapes! YUM! :love: :drinker:
  • TheNoLeafClover
    TheNoLeafClover Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I like to mix tuna with parmesan cheese, light mayo, pickled jalapeno slices and mustard over a bed of spinach and tomatoes. Sometimes I'll add onion or chives. For tuna melts, I pair it with mayo, a slice of tomato, jalapeno slices, and pepperjack cheese.
  • lauraellie10
    lauraellie10 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Can of tuna, tbsp of mayo, tbsp of ketchup, small can of sweet corn, and some penne. Can't beat it.

Sounds interesting never added ketchup before
  • Loasaur
    Loasaur Posts: 125
    Options
    I put in a LITTLE bit of mayo, a lot of mustard, celery, purple onions, onion powder, garlic powder, little bit of salt, a lot of pepper, and top if off with lettuce!
  • RangiRose
    Options
    MFP makes me feel boring and uncreative.
    I slap tuna on a slice of bread, stand back and admire my masterpiece,

this is too funny!!!