Options

Replies

• CherryOnionKiss
    CherryOnionKiss Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    mayo, scallions, salt & pepper sometimes add celery
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    Options
    Greek yogurt, ground flax seed, capers, a little mustard, sometimes sliced almonds.
  • kowajenn
    kowajenn Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Mayo, onion, sriracha, pepper.
  • ouwho
    ouwho Posts: 29
    Options
    I use Miracle Whip, raw onion, raw celery, splash of vinegar, and thin-sliced lettuce. I also make it ahead to let the flavors meld together.
  • ouwho
    ouwho Posts: 29
    Options
    Thanks for the giggle!:drinker:
  • Charlottecornish
    Charlottecornish Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    If you mix a little light mayo with tomato ketchup it's delicious!!! Go on give it a try!!!!
  • MizMimi111
    MizMimi111 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Jumping in to come back and try these different variations.

They all sound so good!
  • rondabug
    Options
    Barbies Tuna on Allrecipes...sweet relish, onions, curry powder (yes-curry powder), dill weed, parmesan cheese, and mayo. I only use about 1 T per 5 oz of tuna though. Yum!
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    I just put it on some bread with hot sauce. Done & done!
  • Davina_JH
    Davina_JH Posts: 473 Member
    Options

What do you guys put in your tuna?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTDZ2zXVs69t6cKSOM1nYL9nKXiqAa3thQr6sSDVs59XLJ1VwT7
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    A little light mayo, boiled egg, diced celery, diced dill pickle, diced onion and finely shredded lettuce.

Or

Light mayo, diced celery, diced apple and raisins
  • NGFive
    NGFive Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I like your recipe but I sometimes mix it with chickpeas, a little olive oil, pepper, and fresh lemon squeezed in, combine, then heap it on whole wheat toast, sprinkle parmesan cheese on it, place it in oven on broil for a minute. It makes a healthy yet tasty snack.
  • rachelwilliams93
    rachelwilliams93 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I use low fat mayo, cheese and sweetcorn, on top of a nice jacket potato lovely
  • Karababy51
    Karababy51 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Diced dill pickle, celery, olives, light ranch dressing, yellow mustard, a splash of lemon juice or pickle juice and fresh ground black peppercorns. I love it on deli rye bread with lettuce and spinach!
  • tfisher0915
    tfisher0915 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I get the low sodium tuna pouches and mostly eat it plain, but sometimes I will mix it with fresh dill and chopped onion, or sometimes with the dried jalapeno (from Penzey's) and lime juice.
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    If it's going on lettuce as a salad I will add some light mayo and a chopped fuji apple. If it's for a sandwich I add light mayo, chopped tomato, iceberg lettuce, salt and pepper.

The most delicious way I've had tuna is with mayo, cilantro, red onion, salt and pepper. Then you dip into it with tortilla chips and add a few drops or a splash of Crystal hot sauce. It's SO good.
  • bfpower
    bfpower Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Just mayo. For a while it was olive oil, but I'd rather eat it less often and have it taste good. =)
  • SkinnyWannabeGal
    SkinnyWannabeGal Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    If I'm lazy, I eat it straight out of the can. If I'm motivated...

Chopped red, yellow and orange bell peppers, celery, onions, carrots and add some grape tomatoes and mix in a bowl with plain tuna and add a drizzle of olive oil, small dab of mayo, a dash of garlic salt, cayenne pepper, cracked black pepper and a squeeze of lime.

Kinda like a salad without the leafy greens
  • robxvan
    Options
    Soy sauce is something not unhealthy to add, while still getting some flavor. Sometimes I put low fat mayo in it. I think low fat mayo with tuna is a lot healthier than other things you could choose to eat. Having a can of tuna for a meal is not only protein-rich and calorie-low...but it's so fast when you're low on time. Carry it with me all the time on campus.