5'8" Woman and Curious About Other 5'8" Women

Options
This is for the ladies out there who are 5'8". What is your goal weight? I started off at 190.0 lbs and I have dropped to 163.7 lbs. My ultimate goal for this year is 155.0 lbs. because that is the weight I look healthy at.

What about you guys? I know we all have differing body types, but I am curious about you!

Replies

• agdyl
    agdyl Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I'm at 169 now and don't think I want to lose more than another 5lbs or so. I'm in size 6-8 pants and am pretty happy with my abs for the first time in my life, so feeling pretty good where I'm at.
  • lafilleavectoi
    lafilleavectoi Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7.5. I started at 230lbs and am now around 165lbs. I'd like to get down to 145.
  • irunforcookies
    irunforcookies Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I'm just under 5'9 and I weigh 159. I'm comfy in a size 8 right now, and I'm happy with the way I look, but my goal is 150. My lowest weight as an adult was 143, but that's not my goal. I was a size 4, and I had to work very hard to maintain it. I need to find a weight I am comfortable with for the rest of my life.
  • amyelyseneer
    Options
    165 is my current goal. If I feel healthy and toned I will stop there. It's the number my doctor gave me.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I don't really have a goal. I started at 189 and 5'7"ish and I am now 165... Might go another 10 lbs or so. Mostly working on body recomp. Lifting heavy really has changed my body.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8 and I am 154 now.. My ultimate goal is 132.. But I am focusing more on getting my BF% down than the weight on the scale :)
  • Rogetta84
    Rogetta84 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to get to 145-150 that's when I felt the best, once was 120 and I looked like a bobble headed doll.
  • TripZeros
    TripZeros Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8" and currently weigh 194 (started at 225)... My ultimate goal is in the 155-150 range!
  • Slippyslope
    Slippyslope Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Aiming for 160-165. I really didn't have far to go last time I weighed 180. I might even be happy at 170.
  • doIlhands
    doIlhands Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Im aiming for 147 (75 lbs lost!) right now but I think I might need to aim lower. I don't have a lot of lmm :cry: (I wasn't on a VLCD or anything, im just like that). It all just depends on how I look though. If I feel like I look hot at 147, ill try to maintain there.
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I'm actually a little taller (5'8.5"- 5'9" depending on whose measuring lol) and am about 160 now. Highest weight was around 210 and my goal weight is 140.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I'm also 5'8".

I'm 36 and have been very overweight forever, pretty much. I was mostly in the 240's during high school and college, and then hit 260-270 range through most of my 20's and early 30's.
    But in 2008 I suddenly got up to 307 (all time high) and knew I needed a change.

Eventually got back down to 262 before joining MFP, and I am now at 223. This is my lowest adult weight thus far.

My goal is to hit 200 lb by March 25, 2014 which will be my 1 year anniversary on MFP.

After that I see myself in the neighborhood of 180-190's as a goal and don't know if I would want to go smaller or not. I'll see how I look and feel at that time. I am honestly pretty comfortable right now at 223 but I'm definitely not finished losing!! I know a lot has changed in 20+ years but when I was 5'8 and about 190 lb at age 14 and 15 I think I looked great despite being overweight.

As for clothing sizes, I'm currently in an 18 but starting to eye 16's (just have a few that fit, so far)...1X top.
  • ballerina_tea
    ballerina_tea Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    125-130 like I was before, though I could stand to tone up once I get there. Everyone has such a different frame and preference that it almost doesn't matter what your height is. I don't carry extra weight anywhere in particular except my gut (which is unsightly and what I'm trying to lose.) I'll never be a "curvy" girl. I posted a pic online once and one poster said my body wasn't done growing. lol I'm 25!!I have thinner bones too so a lower weight makes sense to me.
  • Nimhel
    Nimhel Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and I started at 217 and am now in the early 190's. I want to get down to 165 initially and see how I look, but my ultimate goal weight is 145. Right now though, just focusing on ten pounds at a time.
  • fougamou
    fougamou Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I am somewhere between 5'7" and 5'8", my goal is 155, about six pounds to go.
  • christineellis
    christineellis Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I am 46 yo, 5' 8.5", 158 lbs and 29% BF. I am looking to get to 145, will be hard, but we'll see. I can wear a size 8 right now, so pretty happy with that so far!
  • sunshyn225
    sunshyn225 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I started out at 231.... currently at 189 and want to get down to 170 as an original goal. 160 would be ideal, but we'll see what I look like once I get there. :)
  • Sashoi
    Sashoi Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    5'8 1/2 n my goal is 180.... I will be a size 10 at that weight n that's good enough for me. I was 165 once n looked like a crack head n had no *kitten* or boobs so that wasn't cute or sexy I'm my eyes. I like having meat on my bones just not so much meat lol
  • sweet_blasphemy
    sweet_blasphemy Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8, starting (and highest) weight was 245ish. I've been there once before. Since I have so far to go, my first level goal is 180. I'll re-evaluate once I get closer. In my teens (was still 5'8 then), I went from about 215 to 145 by means of a very unhealthy VLCD and I looked gaunt as f***. 145 doesn't sound extrememely low for 5'8, but I had no butt, no boobs to speak of, my arms and legs were like twigs and you could count my ribs and every notch in my spine, but that's just how I carry on my frame. The smallest size I could fit over my protruding hip bones was a 7-9. My family and friends were constantly on my back and threatening to "get me help" if I didn't start eating "normally". I was exercising but I didn't know anything about strength training back then so that would have been a big factor in my frail appearance as well.

The last time in my adult life that I got down to the 180-190 range I looked curvy and trim, and was wearing pants 11-13. At that time I wasn't exercising at all, so I have a feeling once I get back to that general vicinity while continuing to exercise, I'll be somewhat satisfied with what I see... but like I said, I'll re-evaluate once I get there.
  • sweet_blasphemy
    sweet_blasphemy Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    5'8 1/2 n my goal is 180.... I will be a size 10 at that weight n that's good enough for me. I was 165 once n looked like a crack head n had no *kitten* or boobs so that wasn't cute or sexy I'm my eyes. I like having meat on my bones just not so much meat lol

Hahaha! right on, lady. we sound like we have similar stats.