My Fitness Routine

Options
Hello,

I had been doing the 30DS but I was getting extremely annoyed and frustrated with listening to Julian talk (no offense Julian). So I have recently created my own circuit training routine based somewhat on the 30DS. I do this routine then follow up by walking on the treadmill. Any feedback would be great, and feel free to give it a try as well!

30jsn0w.png

Replies

• LiftHeavyWeights
    LiftHeavyWeights Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Nice variety. Looks like you got both the arms and legs. I would keep track of your progress with written notes on weights used/ how you feel / minutes of rest used between circuits along with pictures of yourself and evaluate after 4 to 6 weeks. You are your own best judge of how you are doing.
  • indiebreadkid
    indiebreadkid Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thank you,
    I currently use 3 lbs dumbbell weights along with 1lb wrist weights. I took before pictures and after a few weeks Im going to take pictures to see the progress. I try to not rest between circuits to keep my heart rate up.
  • jessicapk
    jessicapk Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Looks great. I did the same thing when I first started in strength training, molding a plan based on 30DS exercises. Visit Spark People and look over their exercises. As you get more advanced, you may want to add more in there. Also, as another poster said, take notes of what you're doing. Spark People has an amazing exercise database and tons of videos for new ideas. I found it's much easier with more variety. Plus, you can focus on certain areas on certain days of the week, which helps a lot with muscle fatigue and recovery. The fun part is moving up to larger weights when those 3 pounders start feeling lighter and lighter :) Ahhhh, I'll never forget when I felt a muscle in my arm for the first time!
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    I like the colors! ;-)

A couple things that may improve on it -

- I would do the ab exercises and the end of the workout, because your abs support your spine during your other exercises. If your abs are tired, you could conceivably hurt your back while doing the other exercises.

- Consider doing 1 or 2 of your circuits with lower reps (8 to 12) and heavier weight, to get more of the benefits of strength training (increased metabolism, etc).
    And no, you will not bulk up from it.

- The thigh lifts are ineffective. I'd replace with standard squats (without the press).

What is the "side lunge & overhead dip"?
  • indiebreadkid
    Options
    Thank you for the advice I'll have to check it out!
  • indiebreadkid
    Options
    Looks great. I did the same thing when I first started in strength training, molding a plan based on 30DS exercises. Visit Spark People and look over their exercises. As you get more advanced, you may want to add more in there. Also, as another poster said, take notes of what you're doing. Spark People has an amazing exercise database and tons of videos for new ideas. I found it's much easier with more variety. Plus, you can focus on certain areas on certain days of the week, which helps a lot with muscle fatigue and recovery. The fun part is moving up to larger weights when those 3 pounders start feeling lighter and lighter :) Ahhhh, I'll never forget when I felt a muscle in my arm for the first time!

Thank you for the advice I'll have to check it out!
  • indiebreadkid
    Options
    I like the colors! ;-)

A couple things that may improve on it -

- I would do the ab exercises and the end of the workout, because your abs support your spine during your other exercises. If your abs are tired, you could conceivably hurt your back while doing the other exercises.

- Consider doing 1 or 2 of your circuits with lower reps (8 to 12) and heavier weight, to get more of the benefits of strength training (increased metabolism, etc).
    And no, you will not bulk up from it.

- The thigh lifts are ineffective. I'd replace with standard squats (without the press).

What is the "side lunge & overhead dip"?

Thanks, I'll try to shuffle some things around.
    And the side lunge & overhead dip is just a side lunge with a tricep extension