Recipes

Options
Ok. I don't get how the recipe component works. So I made mashed potatoes for my family.....NOT JUST ME....so I enter it all in
30 grams of cut russet potatoes
1 cup of skin milk
2 tablespoons of healthy smart butter

Now it calculates it as one big ole calorie of a serving.

How do you make MFP work for you if all you had was 4 grams of the mixture? UGHHHHHH!

Replies

• SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    Go to the recipe builder.

Enter your recipe.

Weigh finished product.

Enter weight of the product as the number of servings.

Enter the weight that you ate as the number of servings when you add it to your diary.

(However, I highly doubt that 30 grams of potatoes required 1 cup of milk, I think it's a typo or you mean ounces)

Edit for clarity
  • mkphotogirl
    mkphotogirl Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    when you enter the recipe, it asks you how many servings you're making. i actually scoop out the # of servings to figure it out, but if you're weighing your food, you can do that also. then each time you eat some, you'll indicate 1 serving (or more/less as appropriate).
  • mkphotogirl
    mkphotogirl Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    when you enter the recipe, it asks you how many servings you're making. i actually scoop out the # of servings to figure it out, but if you're weighing your food, you can do that also. then each time you eat some, you'll indicate 1 serving (or more/less as appropriate).

for example, 4 grams for you might be 1/7th of the total meal. so if you had indicated 7 total servings when creating the recipe, you've just consumed 1 serving.
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I often cook for my husband, adult son and myself. The men eat more than I do, so when I make a dish for the three of us I take one quarter for me and split the remaining three quarters between them. So when I put the recipe into the recipe builder I tell it there are 4 servings, and enter one into my food diary. They are not tracking so don't need the info, but if they were, they had 1.5 servings each.
  • I did mean ounces....thanks