What do you eat on a Cheat Day...

Options
Hello all,
I was talking to a MFP member and he was saying that he was on a cheat day...and I was just wondering what you eat on a cheat day....what do you crave and give into on a cheat day....Mine is carbs...sweet and salty...cake, cookies, and pretzels...

Replies

• Xtrobelights
    Xtrobelights Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Pizza!!!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I don't have cheat days. I sometimes have a cheat meal, but so far the higher I've gone over my goal is maybe 100 calories. Usually if I want a treat, I just make it fit in my daily calories.

But anyway, my first cheat day I had a rib steak, and ended up under goal anyway. Second cheat day, French toast from Cheesecake Factory (1650 calories total) and I was only over by 100. I've found that if I have my cheat meal early in the day, I'm just not hungry much the rest of the day and it makes up for it mostly.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Generally, pizza.
  • pteryndactyl
    pteryndactyl Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Dominos...a white sauce pan pizza, 2,650 calories of pure delicious unhealthiness and approx ~800 cals over maintenance.

Like, I literally order a pizza and eat only that spread throughout the entire day. I can't say no to pizza; I hate "rationing" it, so I figure...when I want it, I'll just go all out and call it a day.

The key is only doing this every few weeks (I've limited myself to after paydays, lol). I don't really consider this a cheat though. I've tried fitting pizza into my normal calories but I hate eating like...only 3 pieces...so this is my exception. Other treats (ice cream, cookies, whatevs) usually fit in my daily goals.
  • celticminx
    celticminx Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Mine will fluctuate depending on a craving. I try not to have a whole day unless it's a special occaision, but I do have a standing ice cream date with my daughter. When we go out I usually stick to the kiddie size or a small if I'm feeling greedy. It keeps me from getting out of control and giving in the the craving just enough to satisfy and enjoy. I'm not perfect...my serious break is a hot fudge sunday. Fortunately I don't crave those often because I can't seem to stick to a small where they are concerned :(
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Cake. Multiples. I still go easy on the carbs with the main meal, though.
  • JL2513
    JL2513 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Foods I normally abstain from during the rest of the week, especially in the evenings. Scrambled eggs with cheese, crackers, cookies, muffins, granola bars, bagels, toast....mostly the less healthy carbs. Of course, not all at once :) Those are some of the more common cheat day foods for me. I eat these earlier in the day, though. The later part of the day, I eat like I do for the other days of the week. I make exceptions for when I'm out with friends and eat dinner with them. On those days, I eat healthier during the day to compensate.
  • ecw3780
    ecw3780 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Don't do cheat days! Have a meal that is more decadent than you usually allow, but don't just pretend a whole day doesn't count. Even when I do go overboard, I still make sure I log it. Think of it as more of a day to give yourself a break from food guilt, and not a day to just eat whatever you can stuff in your face.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    More of what I usually eat. It is generally pizza or chicken wings, something that is calorie dense. I eat those things regularly but I could easily smash 2lbs of wings instead of 1 and let's be real...2 slices of pizza?! As an app maybe lol. So yeah, on "cheat days" i log but don't moderate :)
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    oh and how could I forget booze? I've been known to drink 2000 calories :blushing:
  • Natalie511
    Natalie511 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Wow you guys are making me hungry...lol:smile:
  • socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    I have no cheat days.

There are days when I am traveling all day to/from Overseas and there is nothing healthy available at the airport(s). I eat the most healthy item they have available.

I know I will be over my daily calorie target that traveling day . I just go back to my nutrition plan as soon as I can.
  • jayce54321
    jayce54321 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Don't do cheat days! Have a meal that is more decadent than you usually allow, but don't just pretend a whole day doesn't count. Even when I do go overboard, I still make sure I log it. Think of it as more of a day to give yourself a break from food guilt, and not a day to just eat whatever you can stuff in your face.

This!
  • janer4jc
    janer4jc Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I have no cheat days.

There are days when I am traveling all day to/from Overseas and there is nothing healthy available at the airport(s). I eat the most healthy item they have available.

I know I will be over my daily calorie target that traveling day . I just go back to my nutrition plan as soon as I can.

I agree. "Cheating" for the entire day makes no sense. I had a piece of pizza tonight but made sure to make it a smaller piece and stopped at one.
  • Stephanie198907
    Stephanie198907 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I no longer indulge in cheat days but I do miss them. When I did cheat, my go to meals were frozen pizza, French fries, cookies, French fries, boiled Yukon gold potatoes with butter, lemon, salt, crushed garlic, and green onions, French fries, chips, Starbucks soy hot chocolate, Kim Son orange tofu and steamed white rice, and finally...French fries.
  • lharri0209
    lharri0209 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Fried chicken and French fries...yum!!!
  • Frittycat
    Frittycat Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I've found that I can't really eat fried food, pizza, or pasta anymore without feeling really sick the next day, but when I do treat myself, I like ice cream or something homemade, sweet, and baked.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I don't really do "cheat days". I always, always try to stay within my calories and macros.

The way "cheats" work for me is purposely eating extra low cal, healthy breakfast & dinner when I know I'm having a ridiculous big Thai lunch out. Or walking 3 miles to the Audubon Center and hiking on a steep hilly path for an hour so I feel okay getting ice cream and then coming home and having a heavier dinner than normal.
  • MexicanOsmosis
    MexicanOsmosis Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    eat-ALL-the-things.png
  • new2canada
    new2canada Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    pizza...oh god it's so good...i'm craving that right now actually O_O