What time is exercise?

Options
When is the best time to exercise during the day, does it matter when your doing it or does the body require a certain time?

Replies

• happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    For me its whenever i have time. Usually after work, about 5pm. As long as you're consistent.
  • Naomi0504
    Naomi0504 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    First thing in the morning or during my kids naptime
  • astange83
    Options
    Mine is in the morning generally around 630am unless its a day off then about 8am before breakfast. Just get it over with so when I get home from work and am tired I'm not whining about having to go work out yet.
  • Kanzaki3
    Kanzaki3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Usually early in the morning after eating breakfast.
  • TMLPatrick
    TMLPatrick Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    For me, its usually a bit of stretching and strength in the morning, running at night... but mostly whenever I've got extra time....
  • XTSH
    XTSH Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Weekday after work. I reach the gym at around 6:45pm
    I hit the gym at 1pm during weekends.
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    Some of my muscles stay weak after my big workouts, so I do mine after I'm finished with the day. I really should stretch a bit in the morning, though.

I don't know that it matters (like scientifically), but some folks would say that what you are eating before and after would matter, so there's that line of thought.
  • pandorakick
    pandorakick Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    For me it is first thing in the morning before breakfast, so between 6 and 7 am.
  • dnamouse
    dnamouse Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Whenever I can fit it in. My main workout is at 5.30am before everyone else is up.
    I then fit running/swimming/whatever in around the work/family schedule.

For instance, I just swam laps for half an hour while the kids mucked about in the pool around me (3pm here, and school holidays!).
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I don't think there is any "best" time to work out...just be realistic about when you will actually do so! Like...I will almost never get up early for ANY reason...so, I go after work.
  • ash190489
    ash190489 Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    What ever suits you personally. Your body does not require it at a particular time... as long as it gets done is all that matters!!

I truly believe that "I don't have time" is the adult version of "The dog ate my homework". Excuses excuses! Just get it done whenever you can during the day.

Personally I prefer late morning or afternoon. Between 9:15am - 7:00pm is my best time in terms of having a decent workout. I can't do early morning training (like sunrise) as my body is not awake and my effort is not very good!
  • Jazzabelle100885
    Options
    It is recommended you do it whenever you have the most energy - more energy = more energy put into it = better results.

For me, that is morning time right after I get up.
  • Ritesh_Pandey
    Ritesh_Pandey Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I work out in morning, this is the time I feel fresh and full of energy...
  • drefaw
    drefaw Posts: 739
    Options
    3:30 am .........
  • talamer
    talamer Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Working out has no time limit!

you can workout whenever u have free time!

for me I do my workout after my lunch when I come back home after a busy day at work!
  • hayleyrue
    hayleyrue Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    630 in the morning right after I get off of work. Unless im off for the day, then later. Its sometimes hard after working a 13 hour shift all night, but I find it easier to motivate myself after work than trying to pull my butt out of bed right before work.
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I'm sure it doesn't matter from a fitness perspective. I tend to do it later in the day because I'm a morning person and work at my job while my brain still has a lot of bandwidth. I can work out when I'm brain dead and that is in the evening so that's when I do it. I'm self-employed so I have a lot of flexibility.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    There is no set time of the day for every person - it only matters that you get it done. Same deal as the myths about eating at certain times. The body just doesn't work that way...

I go sometime between 10 and noon Mon-Fri. If I workout on the weekends, times vary quite a bit.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I exercise first thing in the morning, but that is my only free time to do so.