Heart Rate Monitor Suggestions

Options
Ive been looking at HRMs for a couple of weeks now, but all of the ones I have found have mixed reviews. Im also not looking to go over 100$ if at all possible. So what HRMs do you use or recommend?

Replies

• jensan37
    jensan37 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I love my Polar FT4! Very easy to use and it's around $60 on Amazon.
  • Stage14
    Stage14 Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    I have a Pyle Sport HRM. It doesn't have all the fancy bells and whistles of logging prior workouts and whatnot, but it's perfect for what I needed, which was something to measure the length of my workouts and calories burned so I could log more accurately. It was about $25, and I was leery because it had mixed reviews, but I've had it for a few months now, and as long as I keep the chest strap clean, it works like a charm.
  • christa96
    christa96 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Polar FT7. I've had it nearly 2 years. Drives me crazy not wearing it while working out now. Love knowing an accurate number for calories burned. I think it was around $75.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    What activities do you want to use it for? What purpose do you want it to fulfill?
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Personally recommend Polar.... I have owned the FT7 and now the FT60 and have had nothing but good things to say about both.. Best of Luck
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    I've got some kind of Polar, with a chest strap ---- I love it!
    Neat bonus is that it syncs with the machines at the gym so my HR shows right on the display and I don't have to look at the watch.
  • spoiledpuppies
    spoiledpuppies Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I've always used Polar and like them. I think I currently have an F6--not sure if that's right or if they even still make it. It's lasted me a long time.
  • stryla
    stryla Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    What activities do you want to use it for? What purpose do you want it to fulfill?

I have some exercise videos that dont have a exercise tracker equivalent, so I just want to find out number of calories burned when I do them.