Replies

• servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,453 Member
    Options
    154 now and goal is 135-140.
  • TitaniaEcks
    TitaniaEcks Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I'm a half-inch from 5'8", and I started off with a GW of 128 but changed it to 126 when I found out that's exactly 9 stone in the British system. I like round numbers. No other reason.
  • NordicAlien
    NordicAlien Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I don't know yet. BMI charts say between 125 and 165, but I know once I was at 130 and I looked really emaciated. (Not saying everyone does or will - I have heavy bones and put on muscle easily. 130 is great for some, but not for me.) I'm guessing around 150-155, but once I get nearer that number I'll reassess. Depending on how much muscle I put on, I may find that 165-170 is better for me. I know I feel at my best when I'm a UK 12 (US 8), so as long as I can get into my clothes, I think I'll be satisfied.
  • aljeca
    Options
    I like this site for visual differences between people at the same height/weight: http://www.cockeyed.com/photos/bodies/heightweight.html
  • estatitra
    estatitra Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I started at 158 ish and I aimed for 140 but I have lost some more because I still can't figure out maintenance. I weigh 134 now. I have very low body fat, and I need to figure out how to stop losing and start maintaining..
  • quiltchickie
    quiltchickie Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Really happy you asked this question. I am thinking about possibly raising my goal weight. I am bigger boned and now 177, and originally planned for aiming for 135 but thinking it may be be too low for my frame.
  • Chowder_17
    Chowder_17 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    5'8 and in the upper 170 range. Goal weight of 150-160lbs, but I'll settle for anything under 170 as that's the Navy standard.
  • Arnegard
    Arnegard Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and have a goal of 150-155.
  • quietcold
    quietcold Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    i want to be either 140 or 135. i really have no idea how i look below 155~ so i might need to reevaluate once i've made more progress. i'm wearing size 10's @ around 177 but they're tight now. i would love to get down to a size 8 but a 6 is probably out of reach due to my huge hips lol
  • tiffnaykay
    tiffnaykay Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I currently hover around 152. The most I ever weighed was 170. I'm trying to get down to a consistent 140. We shall see from there!
  • loserbaby84
    loserbaby84 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Wow, you all talk about losing minimal amount of weight (to me, anyways)...

I'm 5'7 3/4 and my start weight was a whopping 336!! Current weight is 273.

The plan is to be under 200lbs as of January 1, 2014. My first "goal weight" is actually 180lbs as I have NEVER been under 200lbs my entire adult life. I think I will be happy here, but according to my healthy normal weight I had premeditated 145lbs where I wanted to maintain. However, a hard 160lbs with a ton of muscle is looking amazing to me now-a-days.

I'm sure my "ideal weight" will change once I get down to where some of you already are!
    Cheers and good luck to all :)
  • Quieau
    Quieau Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    bump
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Heaviest 154
    Current 145
    Goal: 135-140 wherever I feel comfortable basically. Lifting and adding muscle has changed my body loads and made me look better at a higher weight. My lowest was 129 and I was lifting then, but I didn't have much muscle.
  • TitaniaEcks
    TitaniaEcks Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Wow, you all talk about losing minimal amount of weight (to me, anyways)...

I'm 5'7 3/4 and my start weight was a whopping 336!! Current weight is 273.

The plan is to be under 200lbs as of January 1, 2014. My first "goal weight" is actually 180lbs as I have NEVER been under 200lbs my entire adult life. I think I will be happy here, but according to my healthy normal weight I had premeditated 145lbs where I wanted to maintain. However, a hard 160lbs with a ton of muscle is looking amazing to me now-a-days.

I'm sure my "ideal weight" will change once I get down to where some of you already are!
    Cheers and good luck to all :)

I've noticed that the higher someone's starting weight is, the higher their goal weight tends to be. That seems reasonable to me... it makes the process feel more manageable - and, for example, if someone starts out at 400 lbs, even 200 seems like a dream to them. But people's goal weights do usually change as they get closer to their healthy weight.
  • TipTopMMR
    TipTopMMR Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I am 5" 7.5" and currently weigh 138lbs.
    My happy range is between 137-140.
    This is a weight where I feel great and I think I look pretty good too.
    I also don't have to do a TON to maintain it; daily exercise for about 30 minutes and balanced food choices.
  • awesomek001
    awesomek001 Posts: 167 Member
    Options

I've noticed that the higher someone's starting weight is, the higher their goal weight tends to be. That seems reasonable to me... it makes the process feel more manageable - and, for example, if someone starts out at 400 lbs, even 200 seems like a dream to them. But people's goal weights do usually change as they get closer to their healthy weight.

I started at 285 and reached what I believed to be a healthy weight at 195 a year and a half later. I was able to maintain it for almost 2 years, but have fallen off the wagon a little over the past year. So I shooting for 195 again.

Just as an FYI - - for a woman who is 5'8", BMI says top of the healthy range is 164. I don't believe that is a healthy weight for me personally, although I struggled for months to drop lower than 185. I couldn't maintain it, so I had to recognize that it wasn't meant to be. I read through some of the posts, and hats off to any woman who can maintain 30 lbs lower than the highest point recommended as healthy BMI. (Not that BMI is the end all and be all, by any means).
  • 302cupcake
    Options
    Started at 302 lbs, currently 141 lbs. My initial goal was 170 then it became 160 and then 150, but stepping up the exercise has taken the last few pounds off.

I wore a size 28 eighteen months ago and now wear 6's and 4's. I've not been below this weight in almost 30 years, but I think I can easily maintain as long as I keep tracking, weighing myself and adjusting for any small gains.
  • AleciaG724
    AleciaG724 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8", but I'm 47 years old & my starting weight was 326. I now weight 279 after less than 6 months on MFP. When I was in high school I weighed 135 and I would love to be that weight gain, but honestly I don't think that's realistic. I would be happy to get down to 175 & freaking ecstatic at 150. After many years of obesity I suspect that I will be stuck with at least 20# of flabby skin that I won't be able to do anything about except have it removed surgically... we'll see when the time comes. I am hoping to be 150# by Christmas 2014.

Cupcake - you're really giving me some hope that maybe 135 is doable after all!
  • Milynne
    Milynne Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm about 5'7.5- 5'8...my highest weight was 250 - about 7 or so years ago I lost 85 pounds which put me at my lowest weight 165. After having my child, I gained almost all the weight back and started on MFP about 2 weeks ago weighing in at 225. As of yesterday I weighed in at 216. I'd like to get to 165 again and see how I feel about that. Right now I'm still in that "getting used to dieting/exercising" phase and hope I can stick it out and not fail yet again!

Here's to staying motivated and finding my willpower! :)
  • doeeyed87
    Options
    I'm 5'8'' and my current weight is around 136. My goal is to be somewhere between 120 and 125, which is where I was before gaining my (grad school) freshman 15. I don't even really care about the number as long as I both look healthy and get my old waist and hips back. (My frame is very small and I have really obvious belly fat atm.)