Best exercises for a round booty?

Options
2»

Replies

• Joanne_Moniz
    Joanne_Moniz Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Kettlebell dead swings. Works almost overnight!!!!
  • jstarz002
    Options
    Just to let u know Bret Contreras did EMG testing on various glute exercises and bb hip thrust activated the glutes the most. Google it. There are charts and empirical data about it on his blog and on T Nation. As for me science always wins. Nothing activates the glutes more including kettlebell swings. You can include those but bb hip thrusts are proven ad the number 1 exercise for glute development.
  • Prayforya
    Prayforya Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Tag
  • Tiamaria1010
    Tiamaria1010 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I love the Fire hydrant...one of my faves!! Definitely works!!
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options

The back when I was first starting to squat with the barbell, I caught an older guy ( 70+) gawking. I called him out on it by asking him if my form was OK :D He is also the one who told me to STOP squatting so I wouldn't end up with a fat booty. I told him hubby LIKES a booty to hold on to :blushing:

Honestly, I don't care if they stare...but when I am adding new weight, I have my trainer/friend spot me, and HE blocks the view of my booty from the meatheads.

ALSO...do your squats, etc BEFORE your bike or elliptical. That way your muscles are not already fatigued when you start your strength work.

haha I like it! No no I'm not put off doing it because I'm insecure about my body. Not at all! But similar to you it just annoys me they feel that it's appropriate to gawk and I get so close to having a go at them. haha
    But thanks for the advice on that first! I do walk to the gym so it's not like my muscles aren't a bit warmed up I guess.

I've only ever caught the old guy, Bob, gawking at me. He used to love trying to get into my head and throw me off my game.

Today there was a guy on the bench press right behind the squat rack, and I did my stuff anyway. Since I can now squat about 80% of my bodyweight, , I have decided that they think I am a total hard core bad *kitten* :D
  • _errata_
    _errata_ Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Barbell hip thrust is the best by far. I do them in them in the gym without giving a damn. Sometimes I'll even take a bench press up and do them; the curl brah's can wait. I have my headphones on and could care less if someone is looking or not; it's their problem if they have never heard of one of the best glute exercises in the world. I can do 3 sets of 5 at 195 lbs now and 175lbs for 10 reps at 90lbs. Also Google Bret Contreras and read all his glute articles; he is the king of glutes. My glutes grew by an inch and half after around 4 months of lifting. You need to eat in caloric surplus for it to grow though.

For a round booty you need to do barbell squats, squats without weights isn't going to do jack. I'm very petite and I can squat 105lbs now trying to work my way up to 135lbs. Air squats or with 10 lb weights is really a joke and not conducive to building a round booty at all. I only do barbell squats; no Smith ever. Just start with the bar first and add weight slowly.

The hip thrust is the best movement to work the glutes. Here is a link to help you:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/detail/view/name/barbell-hip-thrust
  • _errata_
    _errata_ Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Kettlebell dead swings. Works almost overnight!!!!

I hear these are good too.

I think we need before and after pics to make this thread more awesome.
  • Fitfully_me
    Fitfully_me Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Good mornings.