Lifting question: Returning to NROLFW after being sick?

Options
So, I have been lifting off and on for a few months, but had just started NROLFW about 3 weeks and was seeing great gains, then I got sick. It's been 7 days since I last worked out, which isn't a TON of time, but sure feels like it. I had just upped my weight on the last workout before I got sick. Should I stick with this weight for my workout tomorrow or go back down? How fast do you lose it when you stop lifting, especially early on? I want to get an optimum workout but I don't want to risk injury of course. What do you other more experienced lifters recommend?

Replies

• glreim21
    glreim21 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I would stick with the same weight, you just might not be able to complete all the reps. I have missed a week and started off where I left off.
  • Stage14
    Stage14 Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    you have two options. go back a week and do that routine and weights. no sense in straining yourself and risking injury. Or continue as if nothing happened.

personally, i always err on the side of caution.
  • Nonosgirl
    Nonosgirl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'd try to start where I left off. I think a week off under healthy circumstances generally doesn't set you back, but when you are sick it could be a but different. If starting where you left off feels too hard, then just adjust the weights.