Focus T25 Results (pics), terrified to share

Options
This is a big leap of faith for me. I have horrible self esteem, and a poor body image....despite that, when I looked at my before and after pics, side by side, I think I can tell that I've made progress. I am 5'7, and when I started Focus T25 I was at 147.5 lbs. and ended at 143 lbs. Overall I lost 6.5 inches (2 in waist, 1.5 in chest, 1/2 in hips and 2.5 inches in my thighs). When I first started exercising a few years ago, I was around 170 lbs.

I achieved my results by consistently counting calories daily with Myfitnesspal, and by doing Shaun T's new program Focus T25 for 10 weeks, that is (1)-25 minute workout Monday through Thursday, and 50 minutes on Friday with Saturday and Sunday off (stretching added on Sunday) for a total of 60 workouts over the course of 10 weeks.

I am still struggling with eating healthier and incorporate more fruits and veggies in my diet and get more protein (I'm vegetarian). Any tips would be appreciated.

Thank you to all my MFP friends for your support along the way.

Before
preT25.jpg

After
resizedfinal.jpg

**sorry, cut off last pic**
backside.png

Replies

• tartsul
    tartsul Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    nice job! i can definitely notice some differences. keep it up!
  • cmurphy252
    cmurphy252 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    WOW! No need to be terrified - I can definitely tell a difference (though I cant see your "after" back view). Great results :smile: .
  • janessanessa
    janessanessa Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Sorry, uploaded another pic. Not sure why it cut that part of the picture off.
  • Trueray
    Trueray Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Whoa, I can see a HUGE difference. T25 really works! Great job janessa
  • janessanessa
    Options
    Thank you!! Just moved onto Gamma phase!
  • webbo20
    webbo20 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hey well done you I've heard t25 is like insanity squeezed into 25 minutes and I hate how hard insanity is but love its results !! Well done you looking great !
  • drazani
    drazani Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Well done your looking great!
  • Brallen1969
    Options
    You look amazing, and there is definitely a big change! Keep working hard and try and change your view of yourself, you have a rocking body!!!
  • janessanessa
    Options
    Hey well done you I've heard t25 is like insanity squeezed into 25 minutes and I hate how hard insanity is but love its results !! Well done you looking great !

It differs quite a bit from Insanity though, because Focus T25 has you focus more on your form, and the body part you are working, where as Insanity Shaun has you doing as many moves you can in a certain amount of time without a lot of regard for speed. While the moves are fast, and intense, you "focus" more on areas, working them just as hard in a short amount of time.

I just moved onto the supplemental Gamma phase today, and I have a feeling it is a lot like Insanity....it's nuts so far!! But if I got through the first 10 weeks, I can get through this too.
  • scunningham2012
    scunningham2012 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job!! You can really tell!

As a fellow Vegatarian, your best bet for protein would be beans. You can get it from other things like avocados, tofu, etc. But beans (black, chick pea, etc) are your best option.

I hated beans but I'm slowly starting to accept them into my life, lol.
  • janessanessa
    Options
    You look amazing, and there is definitely a big change! Keep working hard and try and change your view of yourself, you have a rocking body!!!

Thank you everyone....this is my hurdle now, to learn to accept my body. I won't ever be Victoria's Secret thin, but I feel so strong and empowered now.
  • janessanessa
    Options
    Fantastic job!! You can really tell!

As a fellow Vegatarian, your best bet for protein would be beans. You can get it from other things like avocados, tofu, etc. But beans (black, chick pea, etc) are your best option.

I hated beans but I'm slowly starting to accept them into my life, lol.

I like Black Beans a lot. I've heard quinoa is a good source too, but I am at a loss as to how to prepare it.
  • markpmc
    markpmc Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Those are some solid results. You've earned your t-shirt! Do both the Pure Gamma followed by the Pure Strength hybird and post some more pics.

You did rock it :)
  • janessanessa
    Options
    Those are some solid results. You've earned your t-shirt! Do both the Pure Gamma followed by the Pure Strength hybird and post some more pics.

You did rock it :)

Started today, Speed 3.0....and it nearly killed me. Burpees!!!!
    Planning on doing the regular Gamma and then the Hybrid Gamma calendar, I will keep you updated.

Thank you for the kind comments.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    Great job janessanessa

Your before and afters look great, you look good.

Keep it up.
  • cdprouty
    cdprouty Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Awesome work! Visible difference, you look fantastic.
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    Looking good.
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    congratulation you look stunning keep it up
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    you're hot(ter) mission accomplised!
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    You can surely see a difference especially in your hip and waist regions.

I'm on week 8, can't wait to see my end results :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!