Increasing weights/dumbells

Options
I'm currently doing Jillian Michaels' Body Revolution and have been doing her workouts (30DS, RI30) for quite a while. I've been using 2kg weights (I know, lift heavy....) for about 6 months now and feel I could manage heavier weights, certainly for some of the exercises.

Should I go to 3kg or straight to 4kg? Obviously I don't want to injury myself and I'm not sure whether doubling my weights is a good idea.

Any advice appreciated.

Replies

• clarebailey355
    clarebailey355 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Anyone?
  • FitFabFlirty92
    FitFabFlirty92 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    First of all, you definitely don't have to lift heavy to get in good shape and be healthy, despite what MANY people on this site say. :) Ignore them and do what works for you. That said, if you want to up the weight because you feel like you can and you want more a challenge, I say go for it! I wouldn't double it right away though, up it by a little at first and see if you can make it through the reps. If you still don't feel challenged, then increase it again until you're at a good number for you.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I'd go to 4.

nothing in this world is really that light- hell even a gallon of milk is 8 lbs.
  • teamstanish
    teamstanish Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I would go with 4, I usually go up in increments of 2.5-5lbs depending on the muscle group.
  • kingingkunsan
    Options
    As stated by gsluijter, I would increase to 4. It is not a significant amout of weight and the worst that will happen is you may be a little sore. Just my opinion though. I am not a doctor and what ever you choose is up to you. I take no responsibility for anything that may go wrong.