Organic anyone??

Options
cloverluv
cloverluv Posts: 413 Member
Just curious if there are any others that only eat organic. This has been a new change for me but I love it. I feel much more energized, healthy and of course the pounds have melted off.

Replies

• cloverluv
    Options
    Just curious if there are any others that only eat organic. This has been a new change for me but I love it. I feel much more energized, healthy and of course the pounds have melted off.
  • chelsey787
    chelsey787 Posts: 261
    Options
    i've tried to go organic.. but i've started slow by eliminating many processed foods out of my diet. fresh fruits/veggies/simple ingredients is my new goal until next month when my vacations are over and school starts back up. then i'm going to try and get into the routine of buying organic the 5 things i eat the most (apples, peanut butter, other fresh produce)

any advice of the different products i should buy? being a college student, i don't have enough money to go all organic... so what products do you feel make you feel the most energized and taste so much better?
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Yay Organic!!!! :drinker: :love: :drinker: We pay an amazing amount of money for our monthly food bill but almost all of what we buy is organic. As in, if it comes organic, we get it organic. If not, likely we won't buy it but occasionally may. I'm a bit of an organic fiend actually. That and buying local. It's such a healthy way to eat and all on its own eliminates a lot of the things we don't want (refined sugars, heavily processed foods...) We've been buying all we can organic for almost 7 years now! It's addictive :tongue:
  • mlck2323
    mlck2323 Posts: 87
    Options
    I'm in college too, and love organic but can't always afford it. I buy regular apples, spinach, etc., but organic frozen veggie burgers, tofu, cereal, bread and plain almonds.

I eat TONS of canned tuna, oatmeal, egg beaters, frozen fruit/veggies and protein powder.

hope this helps!
  • jamster
    jamster Posts: 38
    Options
    Definitely your meat is the most important, they pump so much stuff into our meat these dayss that its totally worth the extra few bucks. Followed by your fruits and veggies. You will totally taste the difference and feel better too!
  • runnerwithstyle
    runnerwithstyle Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I eat organic most of the time, but sometimes I do not. Most of what I eat is minimally processed and whole.
  • mlillie
    mlillie Posts: 302
    Options
    yes I eat almost all organic and do spend more money but I think it is worth it. I also try to buy local at farmers markets and next year I hope to grow some myself.

Buying in season is helpful to keep costs down.

Have you seen the list of foods that have the highest pesticides and lowest? here is the link-http://www.foodnews.org/walletguide.php

That will help you when making the choices of what to buy. You can print off their guide and have it with you.
  • Erica92627
    Erica92627 Posts: 576
    Options
    i buy organic as much as I can. It is very expensive. You would think, that the things that are cemically produced would be more.. at least I thought that at one point. But to keep it fresh for some reason costs more. Why?
  • cloverluv
    Options
    Thanks mlillie that site was great. It's nice to see everything laid out like that.