Longest distance you have run?

Options
What is the longest distance you have run at one time? 5k, 10k, Half Marathon, Marathon, Ultra distances?

Replies

• post191rickdye
    post191rickdye Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Half marathon. I ran my 1st one last December and have run 3 more since then. The distance is a challenge but is still comfortable.
  • hkmurphy83
    hkmurphy83 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I started running in May with the C25K program. The farthest distance I have run is 6.5 miles on 9/15/13. Not too bad considering when I started I thought I was going to die after 2 blocks.
  • myperformance
    Options
    Half marathon. I ran my 1st one last December and have run 3 more since then. The distance is a challenge but is still comfortable.

Nice job!!
  • myperformance
    Options
    I started running in May with the C25K program. The farthest distance I have run is 6.5 miles on 9/15/13. Not too bad considering when I started I thought I was going to die after 2 blocks.

I started with the C25K program as well. It's really a nice way to start and the principles are the same for continuing to build up to longer distances.
  • worldhurdler
    worldhurdler Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Longest is 22 miles - was training for a marathon, but it didn't work out. Looking to change that this winter, though! 26.2, here I come!
  • arghbowl
    arghbowl Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    13.5 miles. Tri-State Tough Mudder last year, and 13.1 miles at the Buffalo Tough Mudder this year.
  • joakool
    joakool Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Half Marathon. I did my second one yesterday. I am seriously considering the Chicago Marathon next year!
  • annamaries13
    annamaries13 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    10k! My very first one was yesterday.

In spite of some training hiccups - including an injury - I was pretty proud of my pace and excited to have accomplished a tangible goal. Hoping to do another once I really resolve the foot problem that hasn't entirely resolved.

Happy running!
  • walzllw
    walzllw Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    6.5 miles. 1 year ago I couldn't even run for a minute!
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Started C25k last November. This morning I ran a 10k - the running course for the local triathlon, which I've committed to complete next year. Nice and hilly too.
  • mango924
    Options
    19 miles....this was during the San Diego Marathon in 2009. Unfortanately had to drop out of race
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    26.2 miles
  • DeputySox
    Options
    20 mile forced road march/run when I was in the Army. 3 half marathons since 2011. More to come!
  • mellenorris
    mellenorris Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    10.42 miles this last Friday :) training for a half in late October! Feeling pretty confident!

Edited to add: when I started training for this half marathon this last August, I could barely run a 5k without stopping to walk. In under two months I built up to 10.4mi! I had rough weeks in my training, I missed runs, and I'm not a saint when it comes to keeping an eye on my macros... I thought it was impossible. It is totally, totally do-able. If I can, anyone can!
  • sunman00
    sunman00 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    London Marathon, 1995

my one & only marathon, aged 35
  • bacitracin
    bacitracin Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    only a 10k on a treadmill, but I did it in under 55:00.
  • BAMarsh
    BAMarsh Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Marathon
  • myperformance
    Options
    10.42 miles this last Friday :) training for a half in late October! Feeling pretty confident!

You will do great!! Stay healthy until the start!
  • myperformance
    Options
    Marathon

Congrats!
  • myperformance
    Options
    London Marathon, 1995

my one & only marathon, aged 35

Congrats!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!