Feeling Discouraged

Options
For the record, I'm happy that I've lost the weight I have.

But I have seen and felt no changes, so my two problems areas are still making me feel disgusting. Ever since my double-chin came along and took away my jaw line, I've had a real hard time looking at pictures, and sometimes even mirrors in certain lights. And my stomach has always been my problem area, even when I was 135lbs. Pants all seem geared toward butts and hips, but the only place for a disproportionately big stomach is a maternity store, which I refuse to shop in.

I'm also in this kind of limbo place as far as clothes go. I've grown out of all but maybe two of my shirts, and two others are workable. I'm right on the edge of not fitting into my jeans and skirts, in part because they're all made with fairly straight lines, even if I try to find something naturally curvy. The shirts that work aren't even age appropriate. Other problem is that my boobs are small, so I don't fit into plus sizes very well at all - my breasts just swim in shirts that fit the rest of me. I want to buy new clothes that fit, especially if I need to be in an office setting eventually, even if that setting is fairly business casual. But I'm afraid that I'll lose weight and not fit into them anymore.

On the other hand, I'm worried that, since nothing's physically changed for the first 13 or so pounds... what if I'm stuck in this body, no matter what? That even if I lose the weight, I'll be wide wide wide with a big stomach, and things will continue to not fit me. Or, even worse, that I'll lose the weight everywhere but the stomach.

I'm just so frustrated. I'm frustrated having to wear clothes that don't fit me right. I'm frustrated seeing things in the mirror that I've been trying to get rid of. I just wish I could get it through to my body that I'm sorry for treating it wrong all these years, and will it get itself into gear already?

Replies

• magdalune
    magdalune Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    For the record, I'm happy that I've lost the weight I have.

But I have seen and felt no changes, so my two problems areas are still making me feel disgusting. Ever since my double-chin came along and took away my jaw line, I've had a real hard time looking at pictures, and sometimes even mirrors in certain lights. And my stomach has always been my problem area, even when I was 135lbs. Pants all seem geared toward butts and hips, but the only place for a disproportionately big stomach is a maternity store, which I refuse to shop in.

I'm also in this kind of limbo place as far as clothes go. I've grown out of all but maybe two of my shirts, and two others are workable. I'm right on the edge of not fitting into my jeans and skirts, in part because they're all made with fairly straight lines, even if I try to find something naturally curvy. The shirts that work aren't even age appropriate. Other problem is that my boobs are small, so I don't fit into plus sizes very well at all - my breasts just swim in shirts that fit the rest of me. I want to buy new clothes that fit, especially if I need to be in an office setting eventually, even if that setting is fairly business casual. But I'm afraid that I'll lose weight and not fit into them anymore.

On the other hand, I'm worried that, since nothing's physically changed for the first 13 or so pounds... what if I'm stuck in this body, no matter what? That even if I lose the weight, I'll be wide wide wide with a big stomach, and things will continue to not fit me. Or, even worse, that I'll lose the weight everywhere but the stomach.

I'm just so frustrated. I'm frustrated having to wear clothes that don't fit me right. I'm frustrated seeing things in the mirror that I've been trying to get rid of. I just wish I could get it through to my body that I'm sorry for treating it wrong all these years, and will it get itself into gear already?
  • DEATRISJONES
    DEATRISJONES Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    ok, don't get discouraged and this is coming from someone that the scale is stuck on. I've lost weight and thankfull for the pounds however the scale hasn't moved in a month. well i it moves two pounds up then two pound down, then back up one to two. anyway as for your stomach, i also have a big stomache but it's not as big as it was and i'm still working on it. but what i can tell you that help me was doing hip hop abd's dvd w/ shaun t. it's fun and it works. I still have a long way to go the funny thing is when i read what you wrote you said you use to weigh 13? pounds. I don't think i've ever weighed that. lol... good luck i hope that this help. i'm still working at it myself, i even work with a personnal trainer, now.
  • magdalune
    magdalune Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I still have a long way to go the funny thing is when i read what you wrote you said you use to weigh 13? pounds. I don't think i've ever weighed that. lol.

Hee, no, it was 135 lbs.

And I am short, so I was actually a little thick at that point, too.