SOO many acronyms on MFP

Options
tgh1914
tgh1914 Posts: 1,036 Member
You ever notice how many abbreviations we use here on this site? For a while I'd get lost in trying to follow what some people were talking about. So see how many we can get up to here. And maybe it'll end up being helpful for those who are new anyway.

I'll start:

HRM - heart rate monitor

Replies

• 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    BMR - Base Metabolic Rate
    TF = Turbo Fire (workout DVDs)
    CLX = Chalean Extreme (workout DVDs)
    TOM = That "time of the month"
  • Disciplined74
    Disciplined74 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    MFP - MyFitnessPal. lol. Just had to throw that one in there.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    DH - does that mean "darling hubby" - I can't quite figure that out. :)
  • barbosa22
    barbosa22 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    WHAT IS EVOO?
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    WHAT IS EVOO?

Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    WHAT IS EVOO?

Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • hkuiuc99
    hkuiuc99 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    WHAT IS EVOO?
    [/quote

Extra virgin Olive oil
  • AnaNotBanana
    AnaNotBanana Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    WTG = Way to Go!
  • countindowntothin
    countindowntothin Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    DH - does that mean "darling hubby" - I can't quite figure that out. :)

I thought it was devoted husband??? the first time I saw it was on a military wives topic, so I was thinking it was DEPLOYED hubby...but if that's the case then just about EVERY woman on here is a military wife! lol.
  • angelsxzist
    angelsxzist Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this topic. I was wondering what some of these meant.
  • tierra85
    tierra85 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    What does BUMP mean haha
  • Alita2011
    Alita2011 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    30DS=30 Day Shred workout by Jillian Michaels
    BFBM= Workout my Jillian Michaels
    DH= Darling Husband
  • Alita2011
    Alita2011 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    BUMP= most people bump to add the topic to their feed so they can access later or to keep the topic on the top of the board
    TMI= Too much information
    C25k= Couch to 5k is a walking program/workout that gets you from the couch to walking a 5k in a couple weeks
  • josh6603
    Options
    What does BUMP mean haha

BUMP is something you do if you feel a topic is important for people to read. It "Bumps" it back to the top of it's respective thread and also places back on "Recent Posts" section.
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    What does BUMP mean haha

It means you are commenting so you can easily find the thread again under "My topics"

C25K - Couch To 5K program

PX90 - Some 90 day workout program
  • amscobra
    Options
    BUMP= most people bump to add the topic to their feed so they can access later or to keep the topic on the top of the board

Thank you! I haven't wondering this for a couple months now lol
  • SP0472
    SP0472 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    LF = Low Fat
    FF = Fat Free
    WW = Weight Watchers
    LC = Low Carb
    WLS = Weight Loss Surgery
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    IBTL – in before the lock. MFP doesn’t “lock” topics but rather deletes the thread so this abbreviation doesn’t apply much here but if you see it elsewhere, that’s what it means. It's what people write right before you know a thread is going to be deleted or locked due to its content like yesterday, someone on here was advocating a 600 cal a day diet, its since been deleted.

I did a quick google search in order to post a list of abbreviations not yet mentioned (yea I was cheating, lol!) and just died laughing to see that Today’s Parent has one listed. Way to educate the oldies TP! The first one posted is AF – aunt flow – wow really? Shows how even a list to update people on modern day internet forum lingo and abbreviations can be outdated.

http://www.todaysparent.com/article.jsp?content=5214
  • ivyjbres
    ivyjbres Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    IBTL – in before the lock. MFP doesn’t “lock” topics but rather deletes the thread so this abbreviation doesn’t apply much here but if you see it elsewhere, that’s what it means. It's what people write right before you know a thread is going to be deleted or locked due to its content like yesterday, someone on here was advocating a 600 cal a day diet, its since been deleted.

I did a quick google search in order to post a list of abbreviations not yet mentioned (yea I was cheating, lol!) and just died laughing to see that Today’s Parent has one listed. Way to educate the oldies TP! The first one posted is AF – aunt flow – wow really? Shows how even a list to update people on modern day internet forum lingo and abbreviations can be outdated.

http://www.todaysparent.com/article.jsp?content=5214

lol...paw...
  • tgh1914
    tgh1914 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    P/C/F - Protein/Carb/Fat
    ARX - Ab Ripper X