Looking for Others with Hypothyroidism

Options
124»

Replies

• TigerBite
    TigerBite Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    STOPTHETHYROIDMADNESS.COM and FTPO (For Thyroid Patients Only) Group on FB ... They push NDT a wee bit too much in my opinion, but the support and information can't be beat! Good Luck to you all!
  • serenitydickenson
    Options
    I also have Hypothyroid and was diagnosed when I was eight years old. I also have struggled with weight loss. They have me on medication, but unless I work out like there is no tomorrow, diets never work. My freshman year in high school I got myself down to 140 pounds (which is now my goal) and it was due to me working out between 2 and 3 hours every day. I'm not saying weight loss is hopeless otherwise, I'm just saying that is what worked for me. I have to keep it up though, even when I'm thin because if I don't those pounds fly right back on. I learned that the hard way. Now I'm fighting for it.
  • Cat123161
    Cat123161 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed about a year ago. It has been a battle getting it under control. Just when I think we've found the right dose of medicine.....my thyroid goes whacko again. Feel free to add me. Be nice to have friends in the same situation.
  • bergamese
    bergamese Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I am "borderline" hypo -- depends on which doctor is reading my test results.

50% of my immediate family (Father and 2 sisters) has Hashimoto's Thyroiditis so the odds are that is the way I am heading.

I definitely have trouble losing the weight now that my thyroid function is low.
  • I've been battling it for a few years now. Feel free to add me! Would love to share support.
  • Justwatchmerun
    Justwatchmerun Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hey, I've had hypothroidism since I was 14 - feel free to add me (anyone on this thread)!
  • CanadaGeoGirl
    Options
    It's great to know there are other hypo people out there! I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism about 2 years ago and have always struggled with my weight - but it's even more difficult to lose now! I am on MFP almost every day and workout 5-6 days a week and still can't seem to lose. Feel free to add me!
  • SophK90
    Options
    Hypothyroid sufferer since age 4
  • jhwellness
    jhwellness Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I have hypothyroidism and am on medication and I'm in the therapeutic range. But the weight loss is coming very slowly. Feel free o add me as a supportive friend. The support on this site has been very helpful for me, I have lost 20 need to lose another 28 or so.
  • cybersheel
    cybersheel Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    More common than you think. My levels sunk and it's been really difficult to drop weight this year. Change of medication etc... Unfortunately I relaxed on holiday and whacked on 7 pound in less than three weeks! So, so easy. Anyway, when levels are balanced losing weight is possible just a bit harder than other people.
    Good luck.
    Remember you can do it.
  • mokoko123
    mokoko123 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I've had it since i was a kid! Been on meds most of my life - it's a struggle, but it can be done! I've lost 150 lbs by eating clean and lots of exercise. Feel free to add me!
  • gezelligvida
    Options
    Same for me. I've had hypothyroidism since I was a kid, as well as PCOS. The combination makes it near impossible to lose weight. Feel free to add me as a hypothyroid friend as well! I love to hear types on what worked for others and get motivation. I'm working with a couple of doctors now to get everything balanced out, so I especially love to hear what worked for everyone else.
  • Rai007
    Rai007 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    join the hypothyroid group on mfp
  • crunchybubblez
    crunchybubblez Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've had problems since I was about 16.
    I was finally officially diagnosed with hypothyroidism, and PCOS.
    I started taking levothyroxine, and yaz exactly 3 weeks ago.
    In the 2 months previous to this I had gained almost 20lbs...
    Since starting the meds I have done nothing different and have already lost 6lbs!
    I'm scheduled for another blood test and to have my thyroid meds raised the end of October.
  • crunchybubblez
    crunchybubblez Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Hey, hypothyroid here (well, euthyroid on medication) .... I'm on T4/T3 (synthetic) replacement ... It's 100 times better than T4 (Synthroid) only ... Make weight loss/ weight maintenance so much easier ... Plus, my hair is back to it's full, fluffy, wavy glory ... oh, and my nails grow super fast ... Not to mention, the improved energy and endurance ...

ETA: Friend request me if you'd like ... just include a message, like "I'm hypothyroid." ... just something simple ...

Are the T4/T3 replacements prescriptions?
    I'm wondering about cost...