What is your goal.. and by what date??

Options
I was reading alot of people goals on here and soo many people want to lose 30 lbs by January! thats only 3 months away! I was hoping to lose 30 lbs by april! lol!! Is it REALLY possible to lose that much in such a short amount of time?!?! And not end up just gaining it all back???? If so then GREAT!!!

Replies

• AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    I want to lose about 60 pounds by June 2011. I think it is totally do-able.
  • ChubbieTubbie
    ChubbieTubbie Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    My mini goal is to lose 50 pounds by March. That is 10 lb per month, which is what I lost last month. Will I reach it? Not sure, but I'm sure as heck going to try! My overall goal is 115 lb lost by December of next year, which is totally doable.
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    My goal is 2lbs a week till I am happy, I dont have a set date, and I am realistic around the holidays and stuff so its TBD..
  • jmmtaylor
    jmmtaylor Posts: 225
    Options
    My goal is to lose 45 pounds total (goal weight is 125) by June 2011. I know mine is 100% doable. I want to be at my goal weight when hubby comes home, figure if I make it before he even leaves to head this way that gives me plenty of time to try every dress in the mall on to find the perfect one :) I have mini goals, but no dates to meet them by really. I'd like to lose 20 pounds before he comes home on R&R and I'm almost half way there :)
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    I want to lose 40 pounds by next May! That makes me sound wimpy, lol, but I read that if you do it slowly, you're more likely to keep it off. Besides, then if you slip up a little, it's no big deal and you just get back on track the next day.
  • jazzy020106
    jazzy020106 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    all of these do sound do able.. I guess I can try for more than 5 lbs a month! lol.. But maybe it will be better to under estimate and then be really happy when i go over !lol
  • tracybooth1965
    Options
    I would love to lose 62lb by late August 2011, Im getting married in September so really want to be a slim bride, I think it's possible, as long as I remain focused and don't get sidetracked!
  • platoon
    platoon Posts: 340
    Options
    I want to lose 10lbs per month - 70 lbs (or more) total by April 2011. I'm already down 10! :-)
  • lilyinlove
    lilyinlove Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I want to loose anther 30 lbs until May....a pound a week....sounds good. I have lost 20 lbs since joining so far.
  • championnfl
    championnfl Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Not healthy! You can do it......But... Not going to continue eating that way after, will put the weight back on! They are looking short term and not long term! The only way to lose weight is through healthy lifestyle for the rest of your life. Basic rule calories in vs.calories out. A lb. is a lb. Add calories gain weight!:wink: You knew that,right? sure you did!
  • Disciplined74
    Disciplined74 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I'm one month and 15 pounds gone into a 200 pound weight loss goal.

March 2013 is my target date but I really don't think it will take that long. We'll see. I know I'll have weeks when I loose and others that I don't. So maybe it will all even out in the end. But I'm determined to do it.

Good luck.
  • jazzy020106
    jazzy020106 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I want to lose 40 pounds by next May! That makes me sound wimpy, lol, but I read that if you do it slowly, you're more likely to keep it off. Besides, then if you slip up a little, it's no big deal and you just get back on track the next day.
    This is beyond true! I lost 30 lbs over 4 months in end of last year/beginning of this year.. I started gaining it all back in February.. now i am back to where i started when i started this journey the first time =[ Thats why this time i tried to make it 5 lbs a month instead of like 7-8 lbs..
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    I decided on January 1st that I wanted to lose 54 pounds by December 31, 2010 - I've got 11 more to go.
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    This is beyond true! I lost 30 lbs over 4 months in end of last year/beginning of this year.. I started gaining it all back in February.. now i am back to where i started when i started this journey the first time =[ Thats why this time i tried to make it 5 lbs a month instead of like 7-8 lbs..

Yeah, I don't blame you. My goal is 6 pounds a month. That way I don't feel like I have to go to extremes.
  • clo49
    clo49 Posts: 894
    Options
    I agree that 5lbs. per month (or in my case, even only 1lb. per week) is do-able and way more sustainable.
  • miss_amy
    miss_amy Posts: 351
    Options
    My goal is to lose 2lbs a week until I lose the first 50lbs, then lose the other 50 more slowly. I have a lot to lose, so I feel this is realistic. Ideally I'd like to be up to a 50lb loss by February. I'm almost up to a 20lb loss, so I feel another 30lbs in like 4months is realistic, but I will be happy with any loss I get because I know that I'm doing the best I can to be healthy and to lose the weight. :)
  • hill242
    hill242 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I quit saying "I'm going to lose XX pounds by __________".

Because I'd get there and not have lost that XX pounds and feel like a failure. It took me a long time to realize this was not helping me, and now I approach it differently.

I know what I want to lose total (roughly), so I just treat it as a steady, long battle march. I will try to make headway (eat high quality foods below maintenance level) every day, and recognize that some days I probably won't move forward much at all. Those days happen, but the goal is to keep them to a minimum. I will reach my goal. It may not be by __________ date but it will happen, and I will enjoy the march and not fret about missing some arbitrarily set date.
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    I would love to lose 60 lbs by the end of May, 2011. That means I'll have to stick with it and can't "let loose" during the holiday season, but I'm very determined. I realize that my weight loss may slow toward the end, so in reality, I'd be happy if I can hit 45 to 50 lbs lost by that point, at which I can take the whole summer to lose the last 10-15 lbs.
  • vette49
    vette49 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose 70lbs by June 2011, I think this can be done.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,015 Member
    Options
    I have quite a bit to loose so I dont have a final date to have it all lost by. I am taking it in small challenges. Right now I am concentrating on loosing 30lbs by christmas. I have already lost 15lbs of that . So I think I can loose 15 more lbs by christmas , and then when I reach that goal I will set the next goal for myself. I find this way it is not so overwhelming