Who's giving Stoptober a go?

Options
Stoptober is fast approaching and a great opportunity to begin a new change/challenge.

I'm going to stop eating all processed foods especially carbs for the month and stop weighing daily, I will weigh on the 1st and the next on the 31st.

What are you stopping for Stoptober?

Replies

• Elieplo
    Options
    Cutting down 3 units of alcohol on girls night!

The amount of calories are disgusting :)

So it's sort of stopping :)
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    I'll be stopping the unnecessary denial. :flowerforyou:

#inforlifenotamonth
  • kaylacollinscna
    kaylacollinscna Posts: 102 Member
    Options

#inforlifenotamonth

This times a million. I think that's what I'll aim for. I'll be completely honest with my logs and make sure I log every day and all of my meals, even if it's painful to see.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    I'm going to stop thinking I can be anything other than mindbendingly awesome.

And I'll be munching a shed load of 'processed carbs' while I'm doing it. ;)
  • Rav3n1022
    Rav3n1022 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'm going to stop 'testing' my food..... You all know what I am talking about.... 'I just have to make sure this doesn't need more pepper'

Thats me, haha times a million... THATS what I am going to stop!

*Add me for motivation* :)
  • EvgeniZyntx
    Options

#inforlifenotamonth

This times a million. I think that's what I'll aim for. I'll be completely honest with my logs and make sure I log every day and all of my meals, even if it's painful to see.

It's fantastic that you are going to log honestly. That will certainly help. That is a great type of denial to stop.

What I meant was a different type of denying - not the mental denial of not being honest - but the denial of a type of food or the practice of abnegation.
    You do not need to renounce cupcakes or cheese or chocolate or ice cream or carbs to lose weight.
    Log it, fit it in, move on.

Denying a food type, over-restricting, for a month is just a yoyo diet. What happens one or two months later? Not a lifestyle change.

SAY NO TO THE YO-YO.
  • samp2006
    samp2006 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I will do the same regarding logging no matter how bad it looks!
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options
    banging-head-against-the-wall.gif

I am going to stop reading threads about self denial and temporary solutions that never work.
    #Eat4Life
  • SereneRose
    SereneRose Posts: 499 Member
    Options

#inforlifenotamonth

It's fantastic that you are going to log honestly. That will certainly help. That is a great type of denial to stop.

What I meant was a different type of denying - not the mental denial of not being honest - but the denial of a type of food or the practice of abnegation.
    You do not need to renounce cupcakes or cheese or chocolate or ice cream or carbs to lose weight.

Denying a food type, over-restricting, for a month is just a yoyo diet. What happens one or two months later? Not a lifestyle change.

SAY NO TO THE YO-YO.

I totally agree with you but for me it is not a yo yo diet.
    I have pcos and processed carbs are not my friend and I find it more difficult to lose when consuming what an average person would, so limiting my intake makes a huge difference to my success which is why I plan to cut this month and continue onward doing this.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options

#inforlifenotamonth

Yep This......... No way I am giving up my Reese's cup Ice cream!! :drinker:
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Im going sober for october
    which is gonna be hard as im a student and all social events involve drinking!
  • TreetYoSelf
    Options
    No more eating after 8pm
    (aka no more mindless cereal consumption before bed)
  • TreetYoSelf
    Options
    how did you insert a GIF in your text box??? I can't figure it out!
  • EvgeniZyntx
    Options

#inforlifenotamonth

SAY NO TO THE YO-YO.

I totally agree with you but for me it is not a yo yo diet.
    I have pcos and processed carbs are not my friend and I find it more difficult to lose when consuming what an average person would, so limiting my intake makes a huge difference to my success which is why I plan to cut this month and continue onward doing this.

I'm sorry that you have PCOS. That does make weight loss harder and while carbs might seem like a core issue and restricting them does often result in improved weight loss profiles it's the calories that matter.

Here, suggested reading on PCOS and diet - pretty much the overall review: http://humupd.oxfordjournals.org/content/19/5/432.full.pdf

In any case, good luck with your month, I wish you success. If you find it too difficult, feel free to PM me in month and we can talk about other strategies.
  • TreetYoSelf
    Options
    I'm 24 and am taking an (indefinite) break from drinking as well for personal reasons.
    I stopped on Sept. 6, and so far have not attended any social events (maybe I'm avoiding them because I don't know how to not drink socially??)
    Anyway, I'm also looking forward to the benefits of no booze: no extra empty calories, no hangovers, no stupid decisions, no reason not to work out in the morning, no hangover fatty food and sugar cravings, etc.
    GOOD LUCK!! :)
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options
    how did you insert a GIF in your text box??? I can't figure it out!

for a gif or pic use url make the IMG lower case and it will work
  • eleanorlove
    eleanorlove Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    No more eating after 8pm
    (aka no more mindless cereal consumption before bed)

Ooooooooooo I love this! I am so in - no snacking after 8pm! Well except my cup of tea :):)
  • Welshgem84
    Welshgem84 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    When I read this I though how can people give up smoking (as thats what I assocaite stoptober with) and try to lose weight? This is my constant battle, stop smoking - I therefore put every calorie that is in the cupboards in my flat, in my mouth, or diet lose weight yet my smoking increasing as I have a craving for something, anything! lol! But I have a goal for news years eve and think giving stoptober a go!!

I like the idea of giving up alcohol but I think is completely unrealisitic for me and I hate setting myself you to fail. I already do the snacking thing it really realyl does help. ummmmmm any suggestions?! lol!
  • ritalvsfer
    ritalvsfer Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I wii not eat after 6:30 pm!! Go to bed hungry!
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I'll be stopping my horrid growing habit of not having ice cream before bed. Last night was a good night: I had two servings of Ben & Jerry's right before I went to sleep.