Who's giving Stoptober a go?

Options

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

I'm going to stop eating all processed foods especially carbs for the month and stop weighing daily, I will weigh on the 1st and the next on the 31st.

why?

this sounds more like torturetober to me...as in torturing yourself....
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I wii not eat after 6:30 pm!! Go to bed hungry!

That's just sad and unnecessary. I've never gone to bed hungry and still managed to reach and exceed my goals. Food is not the enemy.
  • koalamekoalame
    Options
    if we just stop drinking alcohol and just drink water.

while researching setting up fish tanks, for my a pet turtle, i found that all you need for life to start to grow is sunlight and water. water is the replenishing element. it brings and nourishes life.

also, it is an ancient science, the four humours are an amazing study. you can go as deep into them as you want, but the applicable lesson is the levels of fluid in your body need to be balanced to maintain good health. ergo, messing with your liver jacks up bile production and filtration of fluids. not good for the balance.

water is the oil to our engine.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    I wii not eat after 6:30 pm!! Go to bed hungry!

?? what is wrong with eating after 6:30...??
  • ndj1979
    Options

while researching setting up fish tanks, for my a pet turtle, i found that all you need for life to start to grow is sunlight and water. water is the replenishing element. it brings and nourishes life.

also, it is an ancient science, the four humours are an amazing study. you can go as deep into them as you want, but the applicable lesson is the levels of fluid in your body need to be balanced to maintain good health. ergo, messing with your liver jacks up bile production and filtration of fluids. not good for the balance.

who knew...setting up fish takes is the path to enlightenment?
  • tallmansix
    Options
    I'm going to [continue to] stay off cigs and alcohol for October.

I started my MFP journey 28 days ago, and those were my two biggest problems. I've totally quit them and intend to stay of throughout October as well.

I do agree with some earlier posts though, it's not about abstaining or going without because that is punishment, I will enjoy life and eat what I want and enjoy it. Cigs are a different league to even junk food, so I can say I will abstain those completely without argument with anybody.

Alcohol, no, I will drink again in my life, but I've probably already drank several lifetimes worth of my 21 units a week already and enjoyed it, so happy to go without for a while whilst I concentrate on other things.
  • kaylacollinscna
    kaylacollinscna Posts: 102 Member
    Options

I'm going to stop eating all processed foods especially carbs for the month and stop weighing daily, I will weigh on the 1st and the next on the 31st.

why?

She explained why in another reply - she has PCOS. I don't think she meant that she was going to eliminate ALL carbs, but for those with PCOS if they consume a certain amount of carbs it will make symptoms worse as well as make it more difficult to lose weight. I'm not quite sure where I read it but I think processed foods also may worsen symptoms somehow (too lazy to look for source at the moment though).
  • ndj1979
    Options

why?

She explained why in another reply - she has PCOS. I don't think she meant that she was going to eliminate ALL carbs, but for those with PCOS if they consume a certain amount of carbs it will make symptoms worse as well as make it more difficult to lose weight. I'm not quite sure where I read it but I think processed foods also may worsen symptoms somehow (too lazy to look for source at the moment though).

it was not listed in the original post.
  • koalamekoalame
    Options

who knew...setting up fish takes is the path to enlightenment?

truth is everywhere my good man :bigsmile:
  • kristen2713
    kristen2713 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    When I read this I though how can people give up smoking (as thats what I assocaite stoptober with) and try to lose weight? This is my constant battle, stop smoking - I therefore put every calorie that is in the cupboards in my flat, in my mouth, or diet lose weight yet my smoking increasing as I have a craving for something, anything! lol! But I have a goal for news years eve and think giving stoptober a go!!

omg...THIS! it's so hard! and how many AWESOME things are we doing for our bodies, and yet that nasty horrible thing continues?? I would've thought it to be easier working out so much!!
  • lequire
    lequire Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm only drinking water for October! ( Sept 30 - Oct 30 FWIW) I'm saving that wine I love so much and the morning coffee I depend on...

I am super goal oriented so I think it will be fun and challenging!
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    I'm going to stop bumping stupid posts.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

You'll stop.. in October. Not now, apparently :laugh:

I'm going to stop making McDoubleDowns. Actually, I'm starting that today. I might never stop.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options

You'll stop.. in October. Not now, apparently :laugh:

I'm going to stop making McDoubleDowns. Actually, I'm starting that today. I might never stop.

5 more days of reckless bumping! lol
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Soda.

I switched from regular to diet in 1999 or 2000.
    Drank 3-4 cans a day for many years.
    Cut back to 1 can/day in 2010.
    Cut back to 3-4 cans/week in 2012.
    Cut back to 1 can/week in September 2013 and now going to see if I can COMPLETELY stop for "Stoptober" :-)
  • xSirensSong
    xSirensSong Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I will stop 'secret eating' in October!

...That includes (but is not limited to) cupcakes.

1232739683_d5c8f3b.gif
  • ohellotheresa
    Options
    Not smoking cigarettes sounds like a good plan for stoptober. They are an appetite suppressant and such but I can have better work outs when I don't smoke thus I should be eating more anyway? I've already not had them for a few weeks and rarely smoke but I might as well stop completely
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    NOTHING
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options
    I'll be stopping the unnecessary denial. :flowerforyou:

#inforlifenotamonth

This.

I might also stop using the word "Stoptober" because...well...because it's not a real thing.
  • ScatterBrainedSpirit
    Options
    I am going to stop drinking Tim Hortons mochas. At 300 calories each, I just don't want them anymore. I will make coffee & tea at home instead.