NOT DOING GOOD AT ALL.

Options
2»

Replies

• bellalee426
    bellalee426 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm very sorry to hear about the things that you have to worry about. However it seems that you put so much worry into everything else but yourself. It's understandable to worry about your kids and grand kids, but you have to remember that you matter as well. You are just as important to them as they are to you. Take a moment when you feel stressed and remind yourself that you can change the way you feel. Positivity can go a long way.

Sounds corny but you can be and do whatever you want, it really just takes changing the way you think to achieve it. And if you "slip", hey there's more than 1 meal a day and more than 1 day a week. Just get passed it and start again.

Also, from experience, I've learned to not think about "diets", but to think of it as a lifestyle change. For me it helped knowing I'm doing this for the long term, not a crash diet or quick fix.

Hang in there, It seems like you are a pretty strong woman and I am sure you can accomplish your fitness goals as well!
    Postivity can change the world!

Peace :)
  • Workinonit123
    Workinonit123 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    The longest trip begins with just one step.

One step at a time.

Your husband loves you for yourself, so you must be lovable. Find a way to love yourself. You may not be perfect, but you're a good and lovable person.

Can't sleep nights? Makes the days harder. Try chamomile tea? Warm baths at night? Lavender or vanilla candles at night? Relaxing music instead of tv?
  • Runningcircuits
    Options
    I don't mean to be rude, although this may sound rude, so please know it's coming from a good place.

You are making excuses for your snacking and your choices. Everyone has 'baggage' and it does sound like you have your fair share of worries (I do hope things start to come together soon in that regard) but it's about changing those bad habits and replacing them with good habits. Take control of the situation and make the decision that you are doing this and not giving in this time. I have been that person who excuses my choices, so I do understand but only you can change your actions and to do that you need to take responsibility for your food choices and exercise.

Also 'skinny' is not really a healthy aim to have - make healthy food choices and put in some exercise and the fat WILL go (assuming you have no dietary problems etc etc that you didn't refer to in your OP). I will never be 'skinny' I'm just not that girl, I have a bum and boobs and they're here to stay, but I can have a low BF% (eventually...).

Like others have said, having a good bedroom routine will help. I used to be a nightmare, up til late and then up early and always exhausted. I found a routine that worked for me and have never looked back.

Essentially - we can all offer our advice and our tips but you and only you can make the change.

This is very well said. This type of straight-forward, no nonsense reply is the best of what these forums have to offer. I, too, know what it is like to use excuses for not succeeding and stress eating. I am in the "not giving up" mentality and when I have a weak moment, I am going to go back and read the response above. Thank you for a great response.