What do you do for a living?

Options
For the past 13 years, I have worked in a job that I really have never liked and after having put up with more crap and extreme levels of stress than most people would have (a good example of what I mean is that in the 13 years that I've worked for this company who has never had on office staff of more than 12 people, I have seen 109 people come and go...all quitting because they did not like the negative atmosphere in the office), and after all of these years, I just settled into a comfortable misery...but in August, my boss sold the company...and things have really spiraled out of control since. So, I've made the decision to look for another job - something I should have done a long time ago. And, even though I am sure that the pay will be less, I think it will be worth it to hopefully find less stress. I TOTALLY and COMPLETELY HATE THIS JOB NOW!!! Boy, and I thought I hated it before!!!

So, that leads me to my question for you guys - just out of curiosity - what do you do for a living and are you happy with what you do?

BTW, I am (or was, until the company was sold) the Office Manager/Customer Service Manager and general assistant to all departments in an insurance services company that covers the entire United States. My position was changed to just Customer Service when the company was sold and my duties have changed...and I hate them!

Interested to see what everyone does for a living.

Replies

• RuleFive
    RuleFive Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    MFP Forum Posting.
  • xvxCelticWandererxvx
    xvxCelticWandererxvx Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Jack of all trades, master of none.
  • I_Go_Fast
    Options
    Retired Army....
  • prettigirl01
    prettigirl01 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    eat
  • VeggieKidMandy
    VeggieKidMandy Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I am a muralist and gallery artist
  • ethompso0105
    ethompso0105 Posts: 418 Member
    Options

BTW, I am (or was, until the company was sold) the Office Manager/Customer Service Manager and general assistant to all departments in an insurance services company that covers the entire United States. My position was changed to just Customer Service when the company was sold and my duties have changed...and I hate them!

This is about what I do! My official title is Customer Service/Sales Support/Donations Coordinator. I work for a medium size pet food manufacturer--kind of a specialty brand. I just sent my supervisor a list of all the tasks I have (which include essentially assisting all departments) and he was a bit surprised with how much my job has grown--hopefully this means I'll finally get some help at work. It's super overwhelming doing it alone!!!
  • jess7386
    jess7386 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    attorney extraordinare.
  • playitagainsam
    playitagainsam Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Jack of all trades, master of none.

Most days...I feel exactly the same!!!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    Video game commentator, not that I get paid for doing it.
  • samammay
    Options
    Software engineer. Love what I do, not wild about who I do it for.
  • GymRatGirl13
    GymRatGirl13 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I'm a gang intelligence officer who oversees the gang population in the prison system for my state. Like my dutes, hate the bureaucracy and politics. Love the people, hate the negativity. :-) Pay check could be a little more fluffy, too. :-)
  • VickiDiane22
    VickiDiane22 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Retired :drinker:
  • Leah_Brooke
    Leah_Brooke Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Cox Communications Retention agent... Take a guess if you think i love being screamed at over discounts all day...
  • kmorales_4
    kmorales_4 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Business Analyst in Project Management. I know :yawn:
  • chapamore
    chapamore Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Psychologist - work with kids and offenders.
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    MFP Forum Posting.

but I get paid to work as a transaction coordinator
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    Financial Advisor/Planner for an international investment firm.

I like it even though it can be quite stressful at times.
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    I am.. ahem.. A Physical Activity Leadership Coordinator.

I am tasked with getting a community to get up and move. And create a strategy to reflect it.
  • cbrick143
    cbrick143 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Real estate agent, and I absolutely love what I do helping people buy and sell homes!

link removed
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Artisan baker, training to be a computer technician and programmer.