Can't reach 1500 calories, hitting fat/prot limits.

Options
2»

Replies

• deedzzz
    deedzzz Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    change your protein/fat/carb proportions to 30/30/40%
  • StangMan12
    StangMan12 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    i smell a troll

Good advice is never wasted. :wink:

Like this: I found eating the right things gives me a heaping plate of food and I have a hard time eating it all and reaching my calories goal. My stomach cannot take it all so I don't know if I need to eat a burger, have some chocolate or drink a pop or two just to reach my calorie limit. What should I do?

[insert good advice here please] :bigsmile:
  • csheltra26
    csheltra26 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Well, you mention nothing about carbs. So how about adding in some fruit to your diet? Even things like bread/pasta/rice/potatoes. You don't need to low-carb to lose weight (unless your doctor has said otherwise).

QFT.
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    Protein and fats are not limits, they are minimums. And if you go by MFP recomendations, they are way low anyway.
  • MizSookeh
    MizSookeh Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

Thanks for the great advice!

I did just join up with myfitnesspal this week. I have been using Calorie King before then for my planning, but Google keeps bringing me back here when I have questions, so thought I'd try it out. :smile:

I've been on this diet since the start of September, and guess I had high hopes going from a lot of junk to pretty clean eating. The last three weeks have mostly been tiny loses, staying the same, or gaining!!

I've added my last week to my diary for those interested to see - weekdays have been pretty much like that, though we were out both days last weekend, so they are a bit higher than usual.

Extra walking was added from Saturday, and I tried a juice day on Monday (BIG MISTAKE CLEARLY) as I was getting frustrated with lack of success.... but from what you've all said, it does look like I'm not eating enough.

I'm a bit scared of carbs - the only diet I've really had success with previously was SureSlim, which only had two pieces of bread and two pieces of fruit for carbs. :huh:
    I was trying to do something similar to this, as it did work, but less restrictive (they have 5 hour gaps between meals, no mixing proteins, etc).

Thanks for letting me know about the recommended 'minimums', I have been going a bit crazy trying not to go over them!
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    There is no reason to be scared of carbs. The only thing reducing carbs accomplishes is it temporary causes your body to store a less than normal amount of water. Once you reintroduce carbs into your diet, you are simply restoring the water you removed prior.
This discussion has been closed.