What do you do for a living?

Options

Replies

• PhoenixStrikes
    PhoenixStrikes Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I'm a nanny to 4 small children, two sets of twins, under 4yrs old! Love it and love them!!
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Registered Nurses now in long term care. Job has changed quite a lot since I went into the field. More responsibility, more work, less flexability, less pay.
  • carashirley
    carashirley Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Stay at home mom, teacher to my 12 year old homeschooled daughter & baby sitter to 5 kids!
  • sassabella
    Options
    Receptionist at an international school but in my spare time I'm an illustrator. I want to go back to school to do a Masters in Creative Advertising though.
  • blondiebabe92
    blondiebabe92 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I am a full time student studying Public Relations, I also have an associate's degree in television and radio. Hoping to do social media for companies when I graduate or do public relations in the entertainment industry.
  • SwitzEngine
    SwitzEngine Posts: 3,418 Member
    Options
    Unix Engineer
  • Mobilemuscle
    Mobilemuscle Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Play the state lottery professionally
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    I'm a customer service person for my state's Police dept. Been there 12 years & I hate it!! Apparently in the time I've had off (13 months) the place has got worse, if that is possible.

I want to go back to just being an office pleb & only having to deal with the computer & other work colleagues.

**Currently a stay at home mum who does casual typing work....
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I work in education, doing all kinds of stuff. Mostly technical and design work. I love the environment and have been at it for over 20 years now.
  • HarrietSmeltzer1
    HarrietSmeltzer1 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Retired Dept of Defense part time customer service skincare company
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Professional Poker player
  • momof2boyz832
    momof2boyz832 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I am a Cardiology Technologist and love my job. I had worked several years in customer service before becoming a full time Mom...Life changed and I headed back to school. I do love what I do, and enjoy coming home at the end of a shift and looking forward to going back..
  • Stump_Likker
    Stump_Likker Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options
    construction
  • AsaraFuriosa
    AsaraFuriosa Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Social Media for all the Limited Brands. Facebook, twitter, instagram, pinterest, ratings and reviews for victoria secret, bath and body works, and henri bendel.

Im not going to lie, its pretty friggin awesome :-)
  • Momf3boys
    Momf3boys Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    I work for the federal government full time and I am also a full time mama to 3 amazing boys ages 16 months, 10 and 13...I have no free time :)
  • Fat2Fit4Life
    Fat2Fit4Life Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Training and Quality Manager
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I'm the Organizational Development Manager for an online marketing agency (integrated search, social, PR & display). It's an amazing company and I love my job.
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I speak from experience when I say that NO ONE loves their job when they work in insurance.

I was the office manager for a major insurance firm servicing all of Canada. For 6 years I was a miserable insomniac who turned to booze for a regular sleep aide.

Stress-induced seizures relating to my line of work is where I drew the line though...the doctor's RX was to find an occupation that didn't make me want to go postal on my co-workers.

This past summer, I found a job as a club manager for a gym.
    I LOVE it.
    I mean, I've been using MFP religiously for yeeeeears - tracking my habits and analyzing people's diet and exercise needs, now I just get paid to do it :happy:
    Plus the free gym membership, marketing events and getting to meet new and interesting people every day is also a major plus!
  • Canman51
    Options
    Subsea remote intervention. We run remotely operated vehicles ROV (robotic submarines). Large construction and intervention ROV's typically working at depths of 1000m or greater.
  • m_johannes
    m_johannes Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I am an animal control officer for a KCMO-metro police department. Most days, I am VERY happy with what I do.