Help Please: I want to lose 25 Pounds by December

Options
Hey! I'm new here and looking for ways to shed weight quickly. I suffer from a condition that causes my body to have unbearable [burning/itching] allergic reactions when my body temperature changes too fast [Normally caused by the natural environment/weather/temp/changing elevations. It happens even when just walking for too long outside]. In my own home it is not as bad, so I'm looking for advice on home workouts [that don't involve machines because I'm broke]. If you can help please add me ◕ u ◕!!!

Even though my body is annoying, I do prefer workouts that get me sweating (or feeling the burn) more quickly. Stretching and light workouts...I just don't have the patience for them because they don't feel like they're doing anything. Also I'm having food troubles. I'm a picky eater and I tend to be immature about vegetables (And try as hard as you want, but telling me to eat them won't do much). I have, however, been making homemade soups with celery and carrots in them. Anyways are there any foods or vitamins I can take/eat to help my weight-loss and to fill the "gap" of not eating many Veggies?

I've also eliminated junk food, fried foods, and surgery drinks.

My Food intake >>
Homemade Soup and a cup of coffee at Breakfast
Soup, eggs, fruit for lunch, or Whole Wheat Peanut Butter and honey sandwich
Soup, Oatmeal, or Whole Wheat Peanut Butter and honey sandwich
Fruit as a snack

I drink about 6 to 9 cups of water a day

Current Exercise routine (obviously needs to be worked on. I'm trying to get out of my lazy routines)
Jumping Jacks
Light lifting with ten pound dumbbells

>> Any other advice is greatly appreciated even if it doesn't relate to my questions/needs

Replies

• S3r3knitty
    S3r3knitty Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I recently started 30day shred. It's a 25minutes workout but don't be fooled by that. It's quite intense. You can search for it in the forum. There are a huge number of threads about it and you can find all levels online on youtube.
  • KyleeRoseWo
    KyleeRoseWo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Lee Lebrada's 12 week fitness plan on Bodybuilding.com! From what I have read people have gotten GREAT results in the 12 weeks and the workouts are only 45 minutes long. I am on my third week and the workouts go by so fast, I'm loving it. It also tracks and plans your workouts on a calendar so it helps me stay on track and stick to my goal...instead of just relying on "self discipline" to workout. I started my 12 weeks and have been determined to stick to it! Go to bodybuilding.com...they have a lot of great plans and exercises.
  • erquinn
    erquinn Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Try an over the counter antihistamine about an hour before a hard workout. I have the same reaction from time to time and the antihistamine (generic Allegra) works for me.
  • Phayble
    Options
    I am taking an antihistamine, though it doesn't control it as much as I would like it to. My legs get so bad that the irritation makes it to where I can hardly move do to the horrible sensation. My doctor did proscribe a stronger brand but it causes sleepiness! Which i don't want to be tired, I want to be active : P

I looked up 30 day shred, I may try this : >
    The Lee Lebrada's 12 week fitness plan looks decent as well, though I believe it is something you have to buy? If so, hopefully there are ripped videos and pdf files.

>> Also I wanted to add that I don't want to do a program that dictates my food choices. I feel that to successfully stick to a diet/fitness program I need the freedom to choose my own foods. I'm also not one for keeping track of food intakes on a daily basis...That will grow real old and too much of a chore for me.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    It's not going to happen, sorry. Any diet that will make you lose that fast (unless you have 100 lb to lose or something) won't be sustainable or recommended, and you'll probably gain all the weight back and then some...
  • dynamitegalxo
    dynamitegalxo Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    You can easily lose at least 20 pounds by December. Probably not by December 1, but by the middle-end of the month for sure. I don't think 25 pounds is wildly unrealistic, but you might want to shoot for 20 and be happy if you beat it and get to 25, just to save yourself from being disappointed.

Are you a vegetarian? You need to eat a lot more protein than just eggs and peanut butter. How many calories are you eating? Have you looked at calculating your TDEE? Do you know your BMR? I know calorie counting seems like a chore, but you won't have consistent results without it. If you stall, and you don't have records of your eating patterns, you don't know what to adjust. You definitely don't need to follow a specific, prescribed eating plan, because you're right on about them not being practical! But it really is worth it to count your calories, or at the very least record what you're eating in some detail. It will save you from headaches and disappointment later, I promise.

You can get the feeling of burn that you're looking for without a ton of sweating by doing bodyweight workouts. Try planks, wall-sits, squats, lunges, etc. There are a lot of circuit workouts and challenges on Pinterest, I can post links to some of my favorites if you'd like! These kind of exercises are going to give you the feeling of exertion 1) quickly and 2) without a lot of rapid body temperature change. Plus, you get the benefit of muscle work that will help your body burn calories more efficiently.

I know no one has the patience to stretch (myself included!), but it's super ridiculously important. Try fitting in 10 minutes before you go to bed, just to chill out and let your muscles groups unwind before you go to sleep.

Feel free to add me, I'm trying to lose 40 pounds by New Years so we're on the same path! I'd love a new pal :)
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    I recomend cutting off appendages. Short of that, highly unlikely.
  • Phayble
    Options
    I recently bought some thin red meats to add to my diet, and I do eat a variety of other things, but I just posted the more common foods that I digest. I have figured out my BMR, and I was counting calories but it was a tad harder when I started making my own homemade foods. I don't know what the TDEE is though ^u^"

Thanks for the advice, I'll try to work in stretching and more body weight workouts : >
  • Phayble
    Options
    Cutting off body parts? Not going to happen? That made me chuckle.

I've already lost 11 pounds within two and a half weeks; and no it's not water weight because I'm very healthy with my water intake. I have been able to maintain weight very easily as well. : >

Also it is possible, I know a large variety of people who have lost weight at quick and decent rates, and have been able to keep it off by keeping their new routines. ^u^ Everyone's body is different, just cause it may not work for you or some others doesn't mean it can't happen for someone else.
  • dynamitegalxo
    dynamitegalxo Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    TDEE is your Total Daily Energy Expenditure, basically your BMR + an average allowance for how much you burn exercising. If you don't do much cardio, you're probably fine without calculating it. Just make sure you're not eating less than your BMR in calories :)
  • brdnw
    brdnw Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't eat peanutbutter sandwhiches, but the rest of what you eat is pretty much how i eat (oatmeal alot of fruit, salads, healthy soups...alot aren't).

and do more lifting with some cardio.

really if your diet is really good, pounds go really quick. If you lift and do cardio that helps alot with asthetic.

I was able to go from 250 2/1 to 200 by july pretty easily by lifting and really focusing on my diet.
  • Phayble
    Options
    Oki Doki! Guess I just need to stop being lazy with calorie counting/sodium intake/carbs. Plus it will probably help me be more realistic with my homemade soups. I love flavor so I'm probably putting in way too much sodium with all the herbs and flavorings I use.

I want to do cardio, hopefully my medicine will kick in more so that I can at least run/walk outside for about a half hour to an hour a day. So I think I'll do the TDEE/BMR thing. Thanks for the helpful advice : D
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    I've already lost 11 pounds within two and a half weeks; and no it's not water weight because I'm very healthy with my water intake.

Yes, sorry, but it mostly is water weight.

To lose 25 pounds in 10 weeks you'll need a deficit of 1250 calories per day. Basically, you're going to need to more or less starve yourself, or do a very large amount of exercise.

Good luck!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,620 Member
    Options
    Cutting off body parts? Not going to happen? That made me chuckle.

I've already lost 11 pounds within two and a half weeks; and no it's not water weight because I'm very healthy with my water intake. I have been able to maintain weight very easily as well. : >
    That doesn't mean it wasn't from water weight. Do the math: 11 pounds is 38,500 fat calories. So in 18 days, you've been in a 2150 calorie deficit?
    Also it is possible, I know a large variety of people who have lost weight at quick and decent rates, and have been able to keep it off by keeping their new routines. ^u^ Everyone's body is different, just cause it may not work for you or some others doesn't mean it can't happen for someone else.
    And vice versa. 90% of people who extreme diet, regain. That's the stats.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,620 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't eat peanutbutter sandwhiches
    Why not?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    Set a realistic goal, party if you hit 25! PM me when you hit 25 and I will celebrate for you too!

Drink plenty of water. Walk, walk, walk and walk some more. Take a fan to the gym treadmill if needs be.
    Stretch. Yoga.
    Maybe little 2-5 minute workouts off and on throughout the day. Think of it as an hourly 'drop and give me 20.'
    Fruits and Veggies.
    Set a reasonable calorie limit. Don't go over it and never go too far under it.

... Uh, out of ideas. I definitely want to know how progress goes though.
  • Clorfeine
    Options
    Easy go, easy come. There is no magic bullet for weight loss. Remember you're in it for the long haul. Slow and steady wins the race.
  • Phayble
    Options
    Set a realistic goal, party if you hit 25! PM me when you hit 25 and I will celebrate for you too!

Drink plenty of water. Walk, walk, walk and walk some more. Take a fan to the gym treadmill if needs be.
    Stretch. Yoga.
    Maybe little 2-5 minute workouts off and on throughout the day. Think of it as an hourly 'drop and give me 20.'
    Fruits and Veggies.
    Set a reasonable calorie limit. Don't go over it and never go too far under it.

... Uh, out of ideas. I definitely want to know how progress goes though.

Oh I would love to use a treadmill. I'm currently job hunting so Gym memberships will have to wait. I used to go to a ymca but its so far from where I live. Hard to go places when you live out in the sticks : [

Anyways I like the 5 minute work out idea randomly throughout the day, and I convinced my fiance to go out running/walking with me [which we have an excellent area to walk. Lots of hills and stuff around the lake]. It will be a bit tough at first, but I'm hoping my medicine will calm my allergic reactions.

And yes if I do lose 25 pounds I will be partying, and I'm not worried about gaining. I've always been able to maintain my weight around 150-160 [ just went through a bad lazy/depression spell and gained D; ]. Below that will be tough for me.
  • Phayble
    Options
    I've already lost 11 pounds within two and a half weeks; and no it's not water weight because I'm very healthy with my water intake.

Yes, sorry, but it mostly is water weight.

To lose 25 pounds in 10 weeks you'll need a deficit of 1250 calories per day. Basically, you're going to need to more or less starve yourself, or do a very large amount of exercise.

Good luck!

That is true, I think I'm a bit overly excited and eager, but I do know that I am losing weight. My tummy has slimmed down a bit and I feel so much better as my weight goes down [even if its a little so far]. When I had hit 190 pounds my body was like "nope, not gonna let ya feel good" but I can really feel the progress and I know that I'm heading towards the right track.
  • Phayble
    Options
    Easy go, easy come. There is no magic bullet for weight loss. Remember you're in it for the long haul. Slow and steady wins the race.

Very true ~
    I know I'm probably a bit too "eager" to shed 25 pounds by the end of December, but for me to really work at something I like to give myself a good hardy goal. I'm not really one to be disappointed if I don't reach my weight loss goals, there's a whole life ahead of me to continue to achieve them. Just keep moving forward I guess ^ ^