What do you do for a living?

Options
12345679»

Replies

• souffle86
    Options
    I am a cake decorator. I enjoy it for the most part.
  • Luuvy
    Luuvy Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I work from home, I do customer service work and I absolutely love it:heart::happy:
  • trisharoberts75
    trisharoberts75 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I sell Avon other than that, I am home with my son before and after his school =)
  • bergamese
    bergamese Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I own my own business (Internet sales) and I have never been happier.
  • shutyourpieholeandsquat
    Options
    Legal Assistant for a major retail department store chain
  • marciebrian
    marciebrian Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    I'm a recruiter for a staffing company. Love it! Place all levels of management and get great satisfaction finding careers for my candidates.
  • shutyourpieholeandsquat
    Options
    I'm a recruiter for a staffing company. Love it! Place all levels of management and get great satisfaction finding careers for my candidates.

I did that for 5 years!
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
    Retired Air Force--Now Own A Speed Shop --That is we build Race Cars and Racing Engines, Hot Rods and Early Muscle Car Restorations.
    I enjoy being crazy-it keeps me from going insane !
  • crimsontech
    crimsontech Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Software Engineer (aka web programmer) for a small part of a large international corporation. I work from home full time. I wouldn't say I love my job (I do like it), but I'm good at it and it provides a very nice living for me. It also gives me time to pursue my own business ventures. I previously owned my own business for a few years before too many mistakes led to its failure (which I am still paying for) but now my business partner and I run a couple online stores which I do the programming work for. Some day, it will automatically generate residual income for us with almost no intervention whatsoever. :)
  • TheBaileyHunter
    TheBaileyHunter Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Creative Fulfillment Manager. Sounds lovely doesn't it?

Really I am the manager of artwork and creative writing of our fulfillment items for a direct marketing firm. I'm also in charge of ordering and implementing translations of such.

Plus whatever else needs to be done.

I don't like it much. Too mind numbing and I'm sure I'm going to karma hell for it.

In my off hours I compile and 'build' books, create book covers, advertisements, CD covers etc, publish books and write.

I like this MUCH more and am working towards making the latter my full time work, but building a strong, paying client base takes time.
  • Sarahs2576
    Sarahs2576 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    911/Police/SWAT/Fire Dispatcher
  • silverlining84
    silverlining84 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    911/Police dispatch! Love my job
  • blah2989
    blah2989 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Ive been a CNA, caregiver, caretaker, and a waitress. Im currently a stay at home mom as of april. It is nice to be with my kids while they are little (2&3) it is busy, but we have a lot of good times. When the get into school 1st grade 2cnd grade, Im going to get a certifications for medical assisting, but I really want to be a trainer for horses with behavioral/ mental/"medical issues"- such as being, blind/def, brain damage/seizures, "quirky" issues. That would be such a challenge but amazingly fun for me.
  • ace__of__spades78
    Options
    Soldier of fortune
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    Database Engineer / Analyst for one of "The Big Four" hospital systems.

Most of the time I hunt down mistakes in billing from insurance companies, and I help patients fight claim denials.

I used to be a pilot, which was much more exciting.