My NSV of the Day- What's YOURS?

Options

Replies

• DangerJim71
    DangerJim71 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I ran 5 miles in 50 minutes this morning. Four months ago, when I was a fat smoker, I couldn't run 100 yards in 50 minutes.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    My husband snuggled into me this morning when the alarm went off, felt my belly and said "mmm, I think that's getting smaller!"
  • Jenks9
    Jenks9 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Great NSVs! I love reading them.

My NSV for the day is that today is day 100 for me on MFP!!! I am down 47.2 lbs. I still have a long way to go, but knowing I have done this for 100 days makes me proud!
  • raerae514
    raerae514 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I love all these NSVs! So inspirational!

Mine so far:

1. After doing 10 days of 30 Day Shred, my calves became very defined and I got a new muscle on the backs of my arms!

2. When i went back home for a wedding, people I haven't seen in years kept saying "you look so good, how did you lose all your weight?" (I'm only down 20 lbs and I can't really see a difference - just in my face - but it's nice to hear that!)

3. I have to continuously pull up all my pants every single day!
  • gengenshead
    Options
    This is great! I try to think of the number of the scale as a secondary goal. All these awesome NSVs are what is important!!! Way to go to everyone!

My NSV is that at my very first Zumba class with my daughter last week I didn't stop the whole time and kept up ! Yet the best part was when we were on our way home and my daughter told me I was awesome at it with this look of pride on her face.
  • cfranz7715
    cfranz7715 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I sat for about 10 minutes on the couch... with my legs crossed!
  • TheLung
    Options
    I put on my jeans this morning and instead of fitting they were loose enough I had to put on my belt. Usually the jeans I wear I have to have them on a little while before needing a belt. It is hot here so I don't wear jeans often.
  • new_bella
    new_bella Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I started walking every night a few months ago. When I first started it took me 13 mins to walk one kilometer. Last night I realized I am now down to 9 mins/km and I'm not huffing and puffing or sweating profusely at the end of it.
  • Bobbiezilla
    Bobbiezilla Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Habit 360 this past weekend.....I used to think "okay, do your work out, then do everything else you need to do". This weekend I had to say to myself "okay, get your chores done, then you can do your workout"!!!!!!! It doesn't feel like a burden anymore, it has become my reward :):):)
  • slimdown124
    slimdown124 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My current pants size is starting to become loose. I know that's not the most exciting victory but nevertheless it is a tender mercy. Yay for me !!!:smile:
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    I went to my first fitness class today. I went to "Group Power" at the gym and managed to get thru it. It was my first exercise in about 5 years.

I was proud of myself for doing it. My legs just about died .. they were vibrating and just about to give in. It was a good workout anyways.
  • raquelserna7
    Options
    My family ordered pizza, and I knew I wasn't hungry. So instead of eating anyway, I went and did a 40 minute workout! By the time I finished and showered, they had eaten and put the food away. So I ate a little bowl of cereal and have been on here ever since, to keep from snacking. I've never chosen exercise over PIZZA before!!!

Awesome!!!
  • manda1978
    manda1978 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I did 4 x 12rep 100kg leg press :)
  • 1meh
    1meh Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I see muscles!!!

[

NicE!
  • samammay
    Options
    Went to the gym to lift yesterday. I was able to complete all sets of all 7 compound exercises (almost - last rep was a struggle in most of them) and I am still able to move this morning. Going for a 15 mile bike ride as soon as the nanny gets here. :)
  • imhungry2012
    imhungry2012 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I'm wearing a new skirt today...SIZE 4!
  • Anita_hoar12345
    Options
    Flexibility and strentgh improving. Don't feel like dying after Rushfit Work outs muscles recover faster and I can wear pants again
  • emjaycazz
    emjaycazz Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Mine from yesterday--I coughed while looking in the mirror and saw my external obliques flex. Core work and heavy lifting has been good to me!
  • lucystacy71
    lucystacy71 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Mine actually happened yesterday. I was wearing my old, favorite pair of jeans. These were the one jeans that fit when I was at my highest weight. Anyway, I got out of the car to head into the post office, and I had to grab the jeans before they slid completely off my hips. I need to invest in something I haven't used in years - a belt.
  • MrsFowler1069
    MrsFowler1069 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    My NSV was two days ago...my husband graduated from Basic Military Training this week and on Thursday during their Airman's run, he looked right at me and away. Later when we got to see each other, he told me he didn't recognize me at first because my face was so thin! He was also impressed with my loss and said my triceps were better than his!

Today we are going for a run once I can pick him up from base so being able to do that with him will be another NSV! Last time we tried to run together, I could only go two blocks at a time and have to walk. Now I can run 2 miles! Just hope this Texas heat doesn't kill me!

Wow! Very cool! :)

I love these threads. I was all excited because my most recent pair of jeans fit again....that was my end of Summer goal. Now they are almost too big already and my shirts getting all baggy!

Also, even though it isn't exactly "non-scale," I kept forgetting to weigh on my new schedule, so I did it today after having already eaten and drank through the morning. Still registered a small loss. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!