how to get nice arms

Options
medicalsection
medicalsection Posts: 3
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
I am woman 34 years old, I need to get nice lean arm, but I do not know how to have that, since I am afraid of lifting weight cause I tried that once and I felt I got a big biceps which I hate...any tips please??thank you so much

Replies

• sunlover89
    sunlover89 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    You want nice lean arms but no sign of muscle? So you want skinny arms? Lower body fat.
  • JcMey3r
    JcMey3r Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    1. Lift weights! your not going to look like a body builder
    2. Loose excess fat
  • meggitty10
    Options
    Swim!
  • lindustum
    lindustum Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    work your triceps as well. I always think having a "bulking" biceps when the rest of the arm is flabby and weedy looks just off. Do a better workout targeting all arm muscles, not just biceps.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    walk real fast and pump your arms up and down as fast as you can while walking...
  • jeffpettis
    jeffpettis Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Were you eating in a calories surplus at the time you built these arms you didn't like? If not you weren't building muscle. It depends on what you consider "nice" arms. My definition would be lean, muscular arms. As a woman you are not going to build huge muscles. The only way to get "nice" arms is going to be with weight training and losing the fat that is covering the muscle.
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    walk real fast and pump your arms up and down as fast as you can while walking...

hahaha
  • aelphabawest
    aelphabawest Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Yoga - all around toning.
  • DiannaMoorer
    DiannaMoorer Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Keep the cardio going and start doing pushups,dips and pull ups. Keep doing that and you wont jiggle when you wave. I'm 46 and that's what I do and I think I have very nice arms. I do want more muscle though and am working on it.
  • dukeunleashed
    Options
    Nice arms = more muscle, less fat. I promise you your arms weren't getting 'too big' unless you were doing weighted pull ups, chin ups, and bench work. Muscle doesn't just appear/grow overnight...you were 100% eating way too much to fuel the growth you think you were initiating in the gym; hence, more fat, not muscle.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Your arms will get nice when you lower body fat. But weight training is vital to muscle retention, which is vital to getting nice looking muscles. Below is what power lift would look like. She has gone through a bulk phase and a few cut phases. So while you feel bulky because of water retention, no one will see you as bulky.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/903628-one-year-of-barbells-and-ice-cream-my-story-so-far-pics?hl=a+year+of+lifting+and+ice+cream
  • simsburyjet
    simsburyjet Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    you want nice arms then do real push ups... everyday
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Nice arms = more muscle, less fat. I promise you your arms weren't getting 'too big' unless you were doing weighted pull ups, chin ups, and bench work. Muscle doesn't just appear/grow overnight...you were 100% eating way too much to fuel the growth you think you were initiating in the gym; hence, more fat, not muscle.

Even if she was doing chin ups, bench workout and weighted pull ups, she would just get stronger. Anabolic steroids is the only way to get bulk... and that is combined with a lot of dedicated weight training and several years of work.
  • Vivian06703188
    Vivian06703188 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    You probably will never have nice arms because you think muscle is ugly which it is not. Muscular arms in woman are very sexy. I"m not saying you have to bulk up like a weight lifter I'm just saying skinny flabby arms are not pretty.
  • LuLuChick78
    LuLuChick78 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    You want nice lean arms but no sign of muscle? So you want skinny arms? Lower body fat.

Exactly my thoughts......

I think the OP needs to show us a pic of her ideal arm because she seems to be contradicting herself.
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options

My favorite answer so far.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    If your arms got bigger, you were eating too much.

Lift and eat a bit less, you will lose the fat on your arms and see the muscle that is already there!
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Your arms will get nice when you lower body fat. But weight training is vital to muscle retention, which is vital to getting nice looking muscles. Below is what power lift would look like. She has gone through a bulk phase and a few cut phases. So while you feel bulky because of water retention, no one will see you as bulky.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/903628-one-year-of-barbells-and-ice-cream-my-story-so-far-pics?hl=a+year+of+lifting+and+ice+cream

QFT
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    weights, you won't bulk up and you will love the results!
  • sarrah_n
    sarrah_n Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I currenlty do P90X and quite a few of thw workouts are for upper body. Tony's advice for lean muscle mass (not bulk) is lift a slightly lighter weight and do more reps. It has worked wonders for me!
This discussion has been closed.