What to do with keys when running/walking/jogging?

Options

Replies

• NataBost
    NataBost Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    There are running clothes with zippered/secure key pockets in them; there are also key pockets that attach to your shoes, ones you wear on your wrist, and others that clip to your clothes.

^^ This. Zippered clothes work wonders.
  • XorangecrushX
    Options
    at the risk of stating the obvious..why not put the keys you NEED ( removed from key chains/fobs etc) into your pocket?

It's funny that the guys are wondering why we are even talking about it :laugh: Most women's workout clothes don't have a pocket. Even if they did I wouldn't put them in it because I would have a lump there. LOL

I tie mine onto my shoelaces. They come untied pretty easy with keys on there but it gives me an excuse to stop and rest to re-tie :bigsmile:
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    This is the little pouch that's called a pocket in women's shorts. :grumble:

IMAG1812_zps73411d04.jpg

I wouldn't put anything I wouldn't want to lose in there.
  • harinkie
    Options
    One of the reasons I only wear Nike thights. They have a pocket with a zipper and laces in the waistband so the pants don't come down when you are running.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    This is the little pouch that's called a pocket in women's shorts. :grumble:

IMAG1812_zps73411d04.jpg

I wouldn't put anything I wouldn't want to lose in there.

you can't trust women with pockets don't you know- they might put bags of rocks or night vision goggles or something equally ridiculous in there. That's why NONE of our clothes have pockets. only NO pockets- or just FAKE pockets (seriously WTF is up with that)

yet another reason I don't run LMAO
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    Running shoe wallet, put it on your shoes and away you go.

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/running-shoe-wallet

I second this - you don't even feel it :bigsmile:

it029168.jpg?130313
  • jenns1964
    jenns1964 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I also run with this.

http://www.spibelt.com/products/spibelt

It's great. It stretches to hold all kinds of things and doesn't bound. Lots of fun colors.
    Thanks for the link. I just ordered one!
  • 0somuchbetter0
    0somuchbetter0 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    I have some Champion bottoms with a zippered pocket where I put my key and/or wedding ring (for lifting weights). Try these: http://www.target.com/p/c9-by-champion-women-s-reversible-premium-capri-tight-assorted-color/-/A-13711180#prodSlot=medium_1_27&term=women's c9 champion pants

Sorry, I've tried hyperlinking on this site and can't figure it out...
  • MFPRat
    MFPRat Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    My workout pants have a drawstring waist. I tie my car key to it and slip it inside the waist band. I've never dropped it.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I either put it in my arm band behind my phone or in my bra, along the side, sort of under my arm - that part doesn't move around a whole lot. I was in WalMart the other day and saw they have these wrist bands that you can use to put a little cash, an id and/or key in. But if you're carrying your phone anyway, I'd look into getting an arm band that's compatible with it. It's a lot safer (for your phone) to carry it that way - no accidental dropping.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Love my SPI Belt. It's like 20 bucks on Amazon and doesn't move an inch when I wear it.
  • 34blast
    34blast Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    II take the one key from my car off the chain, untie my shoes, loop it through, tuck it down, then tie my shoes. Problem solved. I don't notice it there at all, but I have big feet. I absolutely hate to run with anything on my body or carry any thing.
  • pltjess
    pltjess Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I wear an armband for my phone, and stick my keys in my sports bra. There's absolutely no concern of it falling out!

On occasion though I have also double-knotted a key to my shoe-laces.
  • VickiDiane22
    VickiDiane22 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Since I'm an old lady I just bought an "old" fanny pack. Even found one in my favorite color, purple. It carries my phone, car keys, phone, pedometer and dog treats. I'm a walker so can carry a little more. You are a runner so may want to go runner hi-tech Hope you find something you like
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I just bought a cheapy arm band for to listen to my phone on jogs, it has a place to put my key. It was so worth it, Although I sweat through the arm band and get my phone sweaty a lot! LOL

I used to put my key through my shoe lace and then lace it back through top hole and tie, Voila!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    If you have one of those 5 Below stores near you, they have a running belt there for $5. It's not stretchy like a SPIbelt, but less bulky than an '80s style fannypack.
  • Pooks1n1Schmoops
    Pooks1n1Schmoops Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I have one of these

http://www.sweatshop.co.uk/accessories/bags-belts-and-wallets/ifitness-mini-lycra-belt-29238.html

I like to take my phone out with me. It fits snugly in there- it's quite a small pouch, which stretches.

I then put a house key in my back zip pocket in my running trousers.

p.s. FANNY PACK makes me chuckle. A lot. In the UK a fanny is ermmm ladies private parts.... ;)

Just saying.!!!

It's not that much different than what we call it in the US. A fanny is your bum :tongue:
  • Johanne1957
    Johanne1957 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I have a waist pouch that holds a water bottle and it has a side pouch with a velcro closing flap that holds my phone, keys, money, cards etc....
  • Laurayinz
    Laurayinz Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Depending on how many keys you have you could tie them on your tennis shoe in your shoelace. Just a thought :-)
    Genius! I heard of this before and forgot all about it.
    I have done that too, when my shorts or pants didn't have a pocket. Simply run the lace through the hole, and tuck the metal part underneath the laces on top of your foot. Most annoying part is getting the key off and on the ring. I put my phone in a SPIbelt so I don't have to hold anything.
  • jacquejl
    jacquejl Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I bought a couple wrist bands at the local TJ Maxx, they have a zipper pocket in them for keys, money, etc. I had an extra house key made and keep it in it. Works perfect!